PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody seen these titles together in Aus ?

gottman
29th April 2006, 07:35 PM
Hi,

The titles are Gottlieb BH, HH and Spirit .

I am curious to know who owns or knows somebody who owns these 3 machines and what do you think of the trio ? ( No matter which country of origin, still interested where these machines are located around the world )

Thanks......Marc

jeff
1st May 2006, 09:30 AM
hey marc,
ive had 2 of the titles,
still got my SPIRIT but sold BH ages ago (have had a couple of BH over the years)
never owned a HH but would like one for sure, theres a guy over here who scrapped 4 or 5 HAUNTED HOUSES a few years ago when he couldnt get them working, i know that for sure because a mate of mine worked for him at the time and done the job.
hes no longer in business (thank god)
i do have a couple of other oddball gottliebs CAVEMAN and a QBERTS QUEST which is a sample game and very cool and different to play.
my SPIRIT is at my mates place and should be working one day :cry

Ric
1st May 2006, 02:01 PM
I have seen the three in Australia (a BH is stting at home waiting for me to restore it).

Pinball Mania had a sorry looking BH and HH about a year ago but they were in the beginning of a shop out stage. No idea if they sold but the price tags were large.

I have seen one Spirit at an auction in Sydney about 5 years ago now.

The only guy I know who may have all three is Tom Kennedy is WA who seems to have restored numerous BH and HH

Ric

jeff
2nd May 2006, 10:37 PM
The only guy I know who may have all three is Tom Kennedy is WA who seems to have restored numerous BH and HH

good call ric, he bought my last BH a few years ago and i do remember us talking about these games, i think he had a website but cant remember the bloody name of it:unsure

Ric
3rd May 2006, 09:56 AM
the website appears to come and go

I cannot remember the last time I visited it however i think it was more arcade related rather than the Gottlieb side of his collection

Ric

Wotto
3rd May 2006, 01:50 PM
What an insane co-incidence.

I am currently working on cabinet artwork decals for a load of older pinballs
( thats why i have been so quite lately and my site remains non-updated).....anyway, just TODAY I recieved my images of HH from my contact who is in Melbourne. He also owns a Spirit and a BH and will be sending me photo's of them soon so I can do the decal artwork for them too !!

So yes, the 3 do exist together in Australia in one place for sure.

Wotto
:D :p :D

The Pinny Parlour
3rd May 2006, 02:13 PM
What an insane co-incidence.

I am currently working on cabinet artwork decals for a load of older pinballs
( thats why i have been so quite lately and my site remains non-updated).....anyway, just TODAY I recieved my images of HH from my contact who is in Melbourne. He also owns a Spirit and a BH and will be sending me photo's of them soon so I can do the decal artwork for them too !!

So yes, the 3 do exist together in Australia in one place for sure.

Wotto
:D :p :D

Wotto, the art man. :cool:

catty
4th May 2006, 10:00 AM
How are you doing the artwork wotto? Are you tracing them in illustrator?

Wotto
4th May 2006, 01:07 PM
How are you doing the artwork wotto? Are you tracing them in illustrator?

Yeah - pretty much. The trace and colour fills arent THAT hard - just VERY time consuming. Howver, the colour matching is a right PAIN IN THE ARSE.

The end result on a printer sometimes looks NOTHING like your screen colours, I have found that is also colour dependent- ie - Reds, Oranges etc maintain similar clours from screen to print, whereas blues can vary DRAMATICALLY. I have also found that the print on one printer varies to that of another !! So the colour match is killing me - any tips ......anyone?

As a side note I sent my Time Warp cabinet decal artwork to a printer that has done stuff for me in the past- it is about $250-$300 to get them done ( including my Paragon apron image ), he is about 30kms from where I work, so I thought I would get a sign printer next to where I work to quote me............he quoted $1078.00 !!!! What a ****ing joke some of these people are, consider that I have done all the artwork and all he has to do is load em and press print !!

Mickey Juice
4th May 2006, 02:46 PM
The end result on a printer sometimes looks NOTHING like your screen colours, I have found that is also colour dependent- ie - Reds, Oranges etc maintain similar clours from screen to print, whereas blues can vary DRAMATICALLY. I have also found that the print on one printer varies to that of another !! So the colour match is killing me - any tips ......anyone?

You will get alot of varience if your changing colour spaces too ie if your file is all RGB and your printer is CMYK and vice versa.
If you're getting it printed professionally i'd do it all in CMYK.

or get yourself a Pantone swatch book, then you can see how they match on printed paper/card. Then you won't have to worry about matching them on screen (your monitor might not be calibrated either!), you can just grab the matching Pantone colour (all are available in the Photoshop/illustrator swatches).

I stick to using CMYK, that way there is no hassle when taking it to the printers (though some digital printers may accept RGB), plus they may charge more if you use 'spot' colours such as pantone inks.
Just google some CMYK breakdowns for colours eg Warm Red = 100Magenta, 80Yellow.

i'll eventually write up some sort of guide for people, including vector artwork guide.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/images/pantone.gif

http://www.artlebedev.com/posters/pantone/pantone.jpg

The Pinny Parlour
4th May 2006, 05:07 PM
You will get alot of varience if your changing colour spaces too ie if your file is all RGB and your printer is CMYK and vice versa.
If you're getting it printed professionally i'd do it all in CMYK.

or get yourself a Pantone swatch book, then you can see how they match on printed paper/card. Then you won't have to worry about matching them on screen (your monitor might not be calibrated either!), you can just grab the matching Pantone colour (all are available in the Photoshop/illustrator swatches).

I stick to using CMYK, that way there is no hassle when taking it to the printers (though some digital printers may accept RGB), plus they may charge more if you use 'spot' colours such as pantone inks.
Just google some CMYK breakdowns for colours eg Warm Red = 100Magenta, 80Yellow.

i'll eventually write up some sort of guide for people, including vector artwork guide.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/images/pantone.gif

http://www.artlebedev.com/posters/pantone/pantone.jpg

Nice work and info there MJ.

Cheers :)

Wotto
5th May 2006, 07:24 AM
Thanks MJ.

I actually have access to the Pantone colour swatches and I will use them to match Photoshop as that seems the closest way to match colours for now

Just to add to the confusion, I have also been told by printers and a girl at my work who does all our artwork that a Pantone colour may not be a printable CMYK colour and may ALSO need adjusting at the printing stage !! sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh , it all seems so difficult.

Mickey Juice
5th May 2006, 09:02 AM
Yeah they're right. So try to stick to simple pantones that have an equal CMYK breakdown.

gottman
8th May 2006, 10:21 AM
Hi, wotto its me. I am the bloke who is giving you the photos and who has asked this question !!!!! lol