PDA

View Full Version : TableTops

GameDude
21st January 2008, 07:18 AM
OK just unpacked them last week, very happy with the look.

Any questions please ask :D

David_AVD
21st January 2008, 08:24 AM
Are these a 48-in-1 ?
Price for AA members?

DKong
21st January 2008, 09:15 AM
They look great! Hankin Repro's ??

GameDude
21st January 2008, 09:28 AM
Are these a 48-in-1 ?
Price for AA members?

They are Hankin look alikes, they are not the same down to the letter but look very similar.
The picture shows a 48in1 but you can use any PCB designed for tabletops. The machine comes with a JAMMA interface.

Price for AA members $1199
They are completely made from MDF with Steel powder coated legs and supports, they have a 21inch monitor and an exaust fan and electronic coin mech.

Claude
21st January 2008, 09:52 AM
Count me in for 2 Dorian.

I'll call to arrange a time to check them out.

Cheers

Claude

sutts
31st January 2008, 06:12 PM
WOW!..they look great mate. Any chance of some high res pics? I might be interested in one as well.

Postage to the capital cities? (Adleaide is all I really want to know) and is there much (if any ) assembly required? Arcade monitor I am presuming ....rotatable?

GameDude
31st January 2008, 06:25 PM
WOW!..they look great mate. Any chance of some high res pics? I might be interested in one as well.

Postage to the capital cities? (Adleaide is all I really want to know) and is there much (if any ) assembly required? Arcade monitor I am presuming ....rotatable?

Cant post Hi res unless I zip em (me lazy:sleep)
Postage is cheapish I suppose but I need proper details for accurate quote.... Sydney for example will be around $150~$200
You can rotate the monitor with some modification.

Mikie
31st January 2008, 09:21 PM
looks great, whats the box/space under the rom board? sound?

GameDude
1st February 2008, 06:42 AM
looks great, whats the box/space under the rom board? sound?

No thats the coin box, access is from the other side its made completely from metal

The Pinny Parlour
1st February 2008, 08:17 AM
Dorian, when are you setting up an affiliate program?

WOKA
1st February 2008, 11:11 PM
Dropped into GD today to grab a monitor for AK.. Dorian had a table top on the floor.. Very impressive on the outside. Sturdy, well built, good ergonomics.. I like them very much. Shame Dorian wasn't there with some keys to show me the inside. Didn't have the heart to ask for a key otherwise..

I know people love their Hankin's ( I'd like a Hankin too) but after seeing these Chinese knock-offs in brand new condition with a 21" monitor (warranty..?) I'd take one over a Hankin.

When the price comes down to under a grand I'll seriously consider buying one..!

Only critisicm is that they only have two buttons per player.. 3 buttons would be much better, and from the outside it looks as if a third button would fit comfortably.. No keys, can't be sure. :unsure

Nice.

kramer
2nd February 2008, 02:08 PM
they're 20" monitors afaik dyl boy...

WOKA
2nd February 2008, 04:13 PM
21" actually..

GameDude
2nd February 2008, 04:17 PM
Shame Dorian wasn't there with some keys to show me the inside.

Yeah sorry man.... I was there but short staffed and training the new guy on PC assembly.... If anyone wants a peek inside I am usually there somewhere just stressed at the moment keeping up with repairs, sales and training lol

sutts
8th February 2008, 10:54 PM
Still very impressed with these machines, Woka looking for an honest opinion of what they look like and work like (not that I think you would lie to us Dorian, but would just like another opinion other than the salesmans.....haha... :)) Nice to know if that 3rd button would fit, etc.

Also Dorian I am located at Gawler, SA (5118) as far as postage goes but my wife works in the Adelaide CBD (and I am sure her boss wouldn't mind me getting it dropped there...hehe) if it is easier and/or cheaper.

But wait.......I have just seen that the AA price is for those members with 30 posts or more......DOH!!.....gonna have to get busy posting in my spare minutes between work and trying to convince my wife that this cabinet is an INVESTMENT in her husbands sanity.

:-)

WOKA
9th February 2008, 11:04 AM
Its a very nice machine as I mentioned above.. Why restore an old shitty one (which you'd be hard pushed to find anyway) when you can get a brand-newie for a little more.

Maybe Dorian can post some larger pics on Photobucker or similiar..?

nigelicious
9th February 2008, 11:25 AM
And advise on how the CP's are wired as to whether adding a 3rd button is a possibility :)

GameDude
9th February 2008, 04:43 PM
Photobucket?? Thats work!:sleep:sleep:p

Anyway the CP is pretty much like a hankin in every way, I use a 30mm hole drill (the blue ones at bunnings) sorry I am not much for remembering brands on tool bits:lol
Anyway it works a treat, there is plenty of room to add the third button.

The machines use a standard JAMMA harness and as such has the wiring for the third button ready to connect.

I welcome others comments, naturally I want to sell them and I do point out problems when I sell stuff but I understand the need for oblective views too :)

CRAZED
9th February 2008, 09:44 PM
naturally I want to sell them

Ha ha ha, wheres the bloody hi res pics then ya lazy bastard:lol

I agree though, too much effort. I always put off putting pics up on photobucket.

WOKA
10th February 2008, 10:45 AM
You managed to posty your flood pics the other day );

MetalSkin
18th February 2008, 06:32 PM
If this is the unit at the front of the shop, then I saw it last Sat when I went in to pick up a heatsink.

I didn't play it, but had a look at it, man it looked nice. Didn't realise they're for sale. The controls are mounted in metal which is painted black, from mem. the surface has a dimple effect.

Quality seemed to me to be very nice. I was actually thinking of taking some measurements to get some ideas on a home project! lol... but now I know they're for sale I wont.

Btw if anyone wants someone to have a gander, well I live in daisy hill which is a stones throw from GameDude.

GameDude
19th February 2008, 09:02 AM
yes mate the one on display is the Table I sell :)

sutts
6th March 2008, 09:52 PM
Hey Dorian

I see you have put one on ebay......mmmm......I will have to keep an eye on it and see what it goes for.

Good luck with the auction anyway.

GameDude
6th March 2008, 10:11 PM
:D Getting time to push some arcade again, the tables are real nice...

sutts
27th March 2008, 08:21 PM
Ohhhhh....another one (two actually) on ebay Dorian....you are pushing arcade arent you!.....I have added one to my watch list and will keep an eye on it.

Still really keen on a sit down machine and like the look of yours....on that note anyone here purchased one and want to sing their praises?....

Oh and thanks for the reply to my questions earlier too Dorian it was appreciated I think the wife of the mate has decided not to get one for his birthday (too much money she recons with interest rates at the moment) so i did the mate thing and told him about them anyway and now I think he wants to get one indipendant of his wife...hehe...divorce soon??

Anyway just keeping this thread alive and getting my post count up...I think this makes 22......WOO HOO....only 8 to go before I get to the promised land!:D

GameDude
27th March 2008, 08:45 PM
so i did the mate thing and told him about them anyway and now I think he wants to get one indipendant of his wife...hehe...divorce soon??

:lol