17th January 2008, 10:08 PM
Hey all
i am looking for an easy to use simple frontend that is light on resources
i am trying some currently
and having trouble finding ones that work with 2000
any help greatly appreciated:D

nigelicious
17th January 2008, 10:35 PM
I'm sitting on one of our Netvistas at the moment ;)

I tried running Mala because I'm really keen on the retrogui but it just seemed to hang when trying to update the game list/.. not sure if its a mala thing or a 2k thing

GEMINI
17th January 2008, 10:47 PM
glad its not just me having issues
i am also running a version of mame i am not familiar with

i also had trouble with the cd drive in the pc "disconecting" during file dumps, can't be f#$ked investigating so i went and bought a usb drive:D

nigelicious
17th January 2008, 10:57 PM
I chucked a CD/DVD burner in the one I got for the old girl. Havent touched the one for my MAME cab yet. Need to get the MAME romset before i bother.

dmworking247
18th January 2008, 08:21 AM
I'm sitting on one of our Netvistas at the moment ;)

I tried running Mala because I'm really keen on the retrogui but it just seemed to hang when trying to update the game list/.. not sure if its a mala thing or a 2k thing

I love Mala, but I get that too when I update the game list :( When it happens I usually delete the game list file and then build a new one, and that tends to work.

Fortunately I dont need to do it anymore since I built the gamelist from the full 1.07 set and have been deleting all the unnecessary clones/adult games/majong crap from the list periodically when I'm browsing the menus (I know there are tools that try and do this automatically but they're too much of a sledgehammer effect for me)

nigelicious
18th January 2008, 09:20 AM
Did you make your own, or use one of the predefined themes? Might have to go down that route as I really like that retrogui!

dmworking247
18th January 2008, 09:30 AM
I used the retrogui I think because it matched my black/red cabinet, but I made several modifications to it (eg one with a pinball outline, and several with changed titles like 'Music' and "Old PC Games" etc.

For my bartops I'm using Mala but doing my own layouts.

AdamC
18th January 2008, 07:27 PM
I get to play with my Netvistas over the weekend.

Going to set one up for the mame cab .. the computer in there atm decides it doesnt want to turn on sometimes.

The other one i bought will be going into the jukebox.
I will be getting rid of Windows 200 , and throwing XP in there.

I use MALA in the mame , but have to figure out how to do the tree function , as i need to create a new layout for the SEGA games .. looks stupid in the mame layout.

Ill be using MALA in the jukebox , too. It will run SKjukebox , Ultrastar .. and possibly a tv tuner card. (Got one in my pc atm , and not using it)