PDA

View Full Version : WTF..$ 10 000 MAME machine

lexmark
13th January 2008, 08:54 PM
And bloody ugly as well.

http://www.eagled.com/crystalcade.htm

Put the speakers inside and give it some sort of marquee .....would improve the looks heaps .....if thats possible.

dr teeth
13th January 2008, 09:07 PM
For that price I was expecting it to be made out of gold or something :D

Arcade King
13th January 2008, 09:14 PM
Piracy at its finest.

gints
13th January 2008, 09:29 PM
Nah guys its great value, with 150 games thats only a touch over $65 a game. Im getting 7.

DKong
13th January 2008, 09:53 PM
Nah guys its great value, with 150 games thats only a touch over $65 a game. Im getting 7.

Did you add in the free Atari 2600 games as well, Even better value :)

danny_galaga
13th January 2008, 10:12 PM
i blame australia for giving to the world the expression:

trying it on

:x

GameDude
13th January 2008, 10:21 PM
Piracy at its finest.

not this time..... Its crappy bundled licensed software.

Translated.

We loaded of the shelf crap onto a PC and put it in the ugliest box we could make so you could re-live the arcade experience on a machine that never existed back then and about the only thing it will remind you of from the 80's is throwing up chunks when you had your first bottle of bourbon when you were 16.

Moose74
13th January 2008, 10:24 PM
I love love any advertisment that has a rendered 3D model yet no real life photos. This tells me that a real life object may not exist. I do 3D modelling for my full time job and it's easy to belt out some shit that would be sellable on ebay.

Arcade King
13th January 2008, 10:50 PM

Translated.

We loaded of the shelf crap onto a PC and put it in the ugliest box we could make so you could re-live the arcade experience on a machine that never existed back then and about the only thing it will remind you of from the 80's is throwing up chunks when you had your first bottle of bourbon when you were 16.

But the box glows different colours, that gimmick must be at least worth $9999

Spaced
14th January 2008, 12:23 AM
Well maybe we should start marketing some for half the price :p

I feel sorry for anyone who buys one, it's friggin ugly as hell.

Davefjedi
14th January 2008, 07:15 AM
looks like Barbi-cade

Arsenic Hipster
14th January 2008, 08:21 AM
You guys have overlooked some of the great value extras. Add a wireless network card to the system for only $60 extra. You too can become a crafty consumer just like Zoidberg and get 8 of them.

Really I think a perspex cab would be difficult to do and have it still look good. These guys haven't done it, and for 10k I should get all the perspex I'll ever want to chop up for any use not just an ugly cabinet made of it. And what's this crap about delivery charges. You'll offer free delivery but the extra cost to go from my driveway to the loungeroom is $200? for $10200 those delivery people better be nude supermodels who provide a whole bunch of "extra services".

Crafty
14th January 2008, 10:01 AM
One Word..

UGLY

These sort of cabinet's and cabinet builders (I use the term loosely) are what give Mame a bad name....

dr teeth
14th January 2008, 12:10 PM
You guys have overlooked some of the great value extras. Add a wireless network card to the system for only $60 extra. You too can become a crafty consumer just like Zoidberg and get 8 of them.

Really I think a perspex cab would be difficult to do and have it still look good. These guys haven't done it, and for 10k I should get all the perspex I'll ever want to chop up for any use not just an ugly cabinet made of it. And what's this crap about delivery charges. You'll offer free delivery but the extra cost to go from my driveway to the loungeroom is $200? for $10200 those delivery people better be nude supermodels who provide a whole bunch of "extra services".

By "extra services" do you mean that after they move the cab to your loungeroom they do other chores such as washing the dishes, mow the lawn and clean the garage? Coz I wouldn't mind that just as long as I get to play with my new super ugly Mame cab.....oh THOSE "extra services", well lets hope so then, coz then it might just be worth it. :lol

"Get this Mame cab and free head with delivery."

CRAZED
14th January 2008, 12:19 PM
"Get this Mame cab and free head with delivery."

"Get this Mame cab and free head check with delivery."

dr teeth
14th January 2008, 12:23 PM
"Get this Mame cab and free head check with delivery."

:lol

coolspot
14th January 2008, 01:11 PM

Translated.

you throw up when you drank your first bourboun lol i am 15 had me first full bourbon did not throw up it was crap to it was woodstock i like bundaberg better

Syzlack
14th January 2008, 01:34 PM
you throw up when you drank your first bourboun lol i am 15 had me first full bourbon did not throw up it was crap to it was woodstock i like bundaberg better

I am the translator.

You threw up when you drank your first bourbon? :lol
I am 15 and had me first full bourbon and passed out and dont remember throwing up, I felt crap and was covered in spew as It was woodstock, I am not legal to drink yet, so I paid some guy $20 bucks and a BJ so he would buy me a can of woodstock worth $2.50.

If I can't get Bundy I sniff petrol.:lol

felixthadog
14th January 2008, 02:37 PM
I am the translator.

I am 15 and had me first full bourbon and passed out and dont remember throwing up, I felt crap and was covered in spew as It was woodstock, I am not legal to drink yet, so I paid some guy $20 bucks and a BJ so he would buy me a can of woodstock worth $2.50.

:evil:023::041:

danny_galaga
14th January 2008, 05:09 PM

bully for you ;)

GameDude
15th January 2008, 07:52 AM

Not a sip! The whole bottle like most young guys do to get laid:lol

I actually never threw up until one day about 6 years ago when I was mixing my own rum and coke... suffice to say the ratio of rum and coke changed alot over the next few hours and 2 hours later there was a tiny amount left in the bottom of the bottle and I was out the backyard thinking I could just walk it off... (I didnt)

Simon_A
15th January 2008, 12:10 PM
I am the translator.

LMFAO:043::043:

Brad
15th January 2008, 01:14 PM
coolspot does game translations for Japanese companies. If not he'd be perfect for it.

Brad

Virgil Tracy
15th January 2008, 09:42 PM
u werpt omhoog toen u uw eerste bourboun lol ik bent 15 had me eerst volledige bourbon niet wierp op het was crap aan het was woodstock ik beter houdt van bundaberg dronk

:unsure

Arcade King
15th January 2008, 09:57 PM
maybe his balls just dropped?