PDA

View Full Version : PS2 modding through mem card

gints
11th January 2008, 08:51 PM
Hey guys,

Anyone know much about using memory cards with exploit software to play imports/backups? Are there any solutions available in Australia where no swapping/slidding/credit cards are needed?

I think theres one called a Memor32 that you can load Team Memento haks onto... Is anyone here a bit of a guru on these things or any similar solution? Its a slimline if thats any bearing.

Cheers

DevoDave
12th January 2008, 10:01 AM
Still a bit primitive for me. You have to patch (reburn) all your disks to get them to work AFAIK.

Savage
12th January 2008, 03:01 PM
STU is the one the know a lot about these as he has one.
I going down this path as I too have a slim line and avoids chipping it, so still keep my EB games 1 year warranty..

stu
12th January 2008, 03:31 PM
As mentioned it still is in it's early stages. That being said it works fine for me and what i want it for.

Memor32 (also an 8mb mem card) with Memento Firmware. You get your isos, you run an application to patch them, takes about .05 seconds to patch. Burn the patched game and just start your ps2 with the Memor32 inserted into your memory card slot and that's it.

It will play any region games on any fat/slim/version ps2 console, i'm not sure on PS1 games though. I can't get it to patch cd PS2 games though, only dvd images.

A new version of the firmware is due out very shortly that will add booting of unpatched games from a USB hard disk. They had already released it but they withdrew the download as it was to buggy and they wanted to re-work it.

That's about all i know really, haven't found any games other than the cd rips i had that don't work with it.

gints
12th January 2008, 07:02 PM
yeah i read most of that once i found the memnto site, it looks pretty good.

Obviously the reburn could be an issue for some, but I currently have NO burnt games, so I will just patch them when I burn it.

Where di you get yours from Stu? I notice ozmodchips.com had them for $88 inc delivery i think.

The company that made the Memor32 must be truly STOKED that team memento have made this firmware...I wonder how many people buy it just to backup and share savegames. Then again it could have been the idea all along, they just werent allowed to release it WITH the questionable firmware so they made you do it aftermarket.

dmworking247
12th January 2008, 08:00 PM
Why does this stuff come out after I sell off my PS2 and 30-odd games? :D

Oh well...

Savage
25th January 2008, 01:47 PM
Well I got the Memor32 and installed the Memento Firmware.

Works a treat. Got some games off Stu already patched and got some from the net which I patched myself. Patching takes about 1 sec if that!...

No issues.:D

stu
25th January 2008, 05:00 PM
The new firware will be interested when it comes out. Booting games direct from a usb hdd.....if i can get all my shmups onto my external usb drve....that will ****in rock balls