PDA

View Full Version : More hacking / modding to 1000 in 1

Savage
5th January 2008, 12:27 PM
Well,
Due to bordom (and other things) I decided to play around with my 1000 in 1 and also to test my USB to IDE converter.

I didn't really like the menu screen, so changed that. was a tad tricky as these units have a backup directory which when starting over right so, also change the backups, instead of disabling them.

The only thing I'd like to change is the font text but so far haven't been successful.

The other thing I did was to change DoDon Pachi screen aspect, it was set to stretch. I configured FB Alpha that these units run to keep original aspect ratio. On a 4:3 screen it looked a tad too skinny. I couldn't find individual settings and didn't look too far into if you could specify a individual aspect ration. Instead changed a crap load of configs and had it go to mame with a ratio of 7:6.
Did this for Don Pachi, Gun Bird and Gun Bird 2. Looks great :D

Gun Bird is not support on the version of FB Alpha on these boards, so originally I put in the latest version. Seem to work but when the game loaded, menu screen stayed put, you could here the audio. Tried different configs and settings, ended up keeping the version it comes with and like I said before used mame to open it.

I also installed a celery 2.4 (was a 1.7). Without me checking can these take Pentium cpu's?..

Another issue was when I also added in 720. THe controls don't work for spinning the character around. I can make him move, but not turn. Looks like it was an anologue game. But using the ini file it works fine with keyboard in mame32 on my PC (this is how I do most of the testing), but for some reason it just won't accept it on the 1000 in 1 under mame.....

http://image.bayimg.com/iaimiaabl.jpg

http://image.bayimg.com/iaimlaabl.jpg

nigelicious
5th January 2008, 10:52 PM
Hey Savage, which 1000 in 1 was this?

Savage
7th January 2008, 09:55 AM
The Baby Star (I think that's what it's called) the non red box one

Wob
7th January 2008, 03:54 PM
Hey Savage,

Have you been able to get your machine to boot using VGA? If I disconnect the plug that goes from the VGA to the JAMMA board and attempt to use a monitor on it I just get a BSOD, I would like to do this for testing purposes but haven't had any luck.

Cheers,
Wob

Savage
7th January 2008, 07:36 PM
Hey Savage,

Have you been able to get your machine to boot using VGA? If I disconnect the plug that goes from the VGA to the JAMMA board and attempt to use a monitor on it I just get a BSOD, I would like to do this for testing purposes but haven't had any luck.

Cheers,
Wob

No, Haven't tried this. Would be good, also would be good to use the head phone hack for stereo

jabz
3rd February 2008, 05:08 PM
Hey Savage, have you explored the Ethernet port? I connected a cable seems to get a connection but not getting a DHCP IP address from my server. Would be an easy way to add ROMS if we can get this to work.

If we could figure out how to use the update option also..mmmm

GameDude
3rd February 2008, 05:29 PM
Because you will probably need the driver installed for the LAN port

jabz
4th February 2008, 07:57 AM
Yep likely.
It would also be great to find out how to put it into standby.

I think I'll remove the HDD and put it into a 5.25" removable mobile rack in the cab so it is easy to pull out.

If I connect a VGA cable and USB keyboard and mouse and change the video output to VGA, will it show on a VGA monitor properly?
How do I exit from the Frontend?

torso
12th May 2008, 01:42 PM
did you find out if you could hook up a screen keyboard and mouse to the box? Looking at adding some roms as i just bought one.

Cheers,

Paul.

Savage
12th May 2008, 06:41 PM
Nope, I didn't worry about going further with it.
I just unplug it, use my usb to ide and hook it to my PC. I've written a thread which is now stickied on how to add roms to it..

Prof
13th May 2008, 09:16 PM
I'm curious if anyone had ran the front end emulator itself on a xp setup?

MaNiAc-Uk
19th June 2008, 10:35 AM
as far as i know the network has been disabled in the system will be looking in to it soon as want to add a wifi card to the system as i have added a juke box to my system with internet raido i could then stream raidio and have remote mp3 via network.

have tryed to run the system through xp loads screen and freezes system have to reboot to get out of it.

savage as for your 720 config issues will need to get in to to the mame controls menu there will be analog controls can ajust the settings there for it.

Pauly404
6th November 2009, 09:27 AM
I have an xxxx in 1. Does anyone know how to change the aspect ratio of horizontal games? There are about 10 which are streched to fill the screen.

Scratch2k
6th November 2009, 12:49 PM
See my answer to your other thread.