PDA

View Full Version : NEW CAPCOM 14in1 JAMMA PCB

GameDude
1st January 2008, 02:46 PM
Just in...

Capcom CPS-1 JAMMA arcade PCB with 14 games. menu driven.
Uses the original CPS-1 A and C boards the A board has the 12Mhz CPU onboard.
Remembers unused credits....

I have 10 available first in first served :)

$259 + $15 freight anywhere in Australia.

Payment.
Bank: Commonwealth Bank Springwood
Account Name: GameDude Computers PTY LTD
Account BSB: 064170
Account Number: 1024 3667

Please PM me your name and address after making payment thanks.

RedneckV2
3rd January 2008, 03:18 PM
Is this an official Capcom release or some kind of hack?

What I mean is is the entire board new, built for the intended purpose from scratch, or is it an original 1990s cps1 with mods?

Is it Suicide?

Does it load at the same speed as an original cps1?

Thanks for any extra info.

Crafty
3rd January 2008, 04:45 PM
I would think that since most of the Capcom games can now be emulated pretty accurately that this is a hack job like the XX in 1 boards getting around. All the roms are available on the net so someone figures they will give it a shot. To me it's simply a different type of XX in 1
:unsure

RedneckV2
3rd January 2008, 07:15 PM
I would think that since most of the Capcom games can now be emulated pretty accurately that this is a hack job like the XX in 1 boards getting around. All the roms are available on the net so someone figures they will give it a shot. To me it's simply a different type of XX in 1

If it is a hack it is an interesting one.

I am interested in this product that GAMEDUDE is advertising, and while I thank you for your personal opinion of what this product might be, I am more interested in factual information.

GameDude
3rd January 2008, 07:36 PM
Is this an official Capcom release or some kind of hack?

What I mean is is the entire board new, built for the intended purpose from scratch, or is it an original 1990s cps1 with mods?

Is it Suicide?

Does it load at the same speed as an original cps1?

Thanks for any extra info.

No suicide.

Its an original CPS-1 Mainboard NOT a copy so games play exactly the same and boot exactly the same.

The game ROMS are compiled onto the B board (thats the middle PCB) CPS-1 uses three boards in all.
The ROM board is a custom setup and the extra card attached to the JAMMA connector allows the game selection overlay menu.
Street Smart is a hack of Final Fight which allows you to play other characters and new moves.
SF2 RED is the popular hack version that everyone knows and loves.

There are no hard drives, there is no emulated hardware... its the real hardware from CAPCOM (except the rom board)

no .. no ... and NO!!!! :D

Its not an xxin1 where emulated hardware is used... its the REAL CAPCOM CPS-1 Hardware!!!

LOOK AT THE PICTURES... You will see the original CPS-1 "A" PCB (thats the bottom one with the 12Mhz 68000) and the "C" card which is the little top card which has the special custom IC

Arcade King
3rd January 2008, 07:38 PM
but its still a hack job :p

Savage
3rd January 2008, 07:57 PM
but its still a hack job :p

A good hack job at that!...
Love to see a CPS3 one.!

Arcade King
3rd January 2008, 08:03 PM
A good hack job at that!...
Love to see a CPS3 one.!

I agree 100%, Could have had less hacked games on it though.

GameDude
4th January 2008, 06:25 AM
From what I understand about the C board the games are limited to the versions that use the chip model on the C board. Other CPS-1 games use different C board chips so naturally are not there.

Dare I say if it was a standard C board then potentially all the games ever made for CPS-1 could have been included