PDA

View Full Version : NEW "RED BOX" 1000 in 1 SYSTEM JUST IN!! AA MEMBER SPECIAL

GameDude
28th December 2007, 10:34 PM
Just got these units in and had a play around with them.
Features.
Single case with motherboard and PSU enclosed.
JAMMA + (all 6 buttons supported on the edge connector)
SUPER FAST LOADING TIME (less than 1 minute)
Heaps of good titles.
Heaps of vertical type games.
Supports vertical games on horizontal monitors keeping correct aspect ratio.
Shielded 3~4 Player satellite card.
No need for old PSU.
Easy to adjust game settings via 4 built in switches.

SPECIAL FOR AA MEMBERS FIRST IN FIRST SERVED I ONLY HAVE 25 units at this price.
$249 + $15 freight anywhere in Australia.

Payment Details.
Bank: Commonwealth Bank Springwood
Account Name: GameDude Computers PTY LTD
Account BSB: 064170
Account Number: 1024 3667

Please use your AA nick when making payments thanks.
PM me your name and address after payment has been made as well....

I have added some pictures below

GameDude
28th December 2007, 10:36 PM
More Game Images

Note the last two images are vertical games with correct aspect ratio

stu
28th December 2007, 10:41 PM
What do the Street Fighter EX series run like? Crappy still or decent?

Also is there a gamelist anywhere?

Wob
28th December 2007, 10:47 PM
Hey Dorian,

Are you still able to update the CPU and RAM on these boxes, any idea if it's still possible to add games to them?

Cheers,
Beau

GIBO
28th December 2007, 10:47 PM
Do the credits carry on between games

GameDude
28th December 2007, 10:49 PM
What do the Street Fighter EX series run like? Crappy still or decent?

Also is there a gamelist anywhere?

The EX ran fine for me, I compared it against the MAME version I have on my much faster system and it was pretty much the same speed.

The game list I have to scan... I will get to it ASAP

Hey Dorian,

Are you still able to update the CPU and RAM on these boxes, any idea if it's still possible to add games to them?

Cheers,
Beau
The CPU is Pentium 3 Tualitin 1Ghz, You wont go much faster without a board swapout.
Memory can be upgraded but from what I have seen the system runs fine the way it is.... smoother than the other unit I sell with the Celeron 1.7. I dont see why you cant add games if you want to play around with it.

Do the credits carry on between games

No.....

Wob
28th December 2007, 10:58 PM
Does it have any of the Mortal Kombat games in the list and if so how do they play?

Cheers,
Beau

GameDude
28th December 2007, 11:07 PM
Does it have any of the Mortal Kombat games in the list and if so how do they play?

Cheers,
Beau

I havnt got the unit here now its at work, I will have a look but I dont think MK will be on it as its such a pig to run.
There was alot of good titles, no rubbish from what I saw.

dezbaz
28th December 2007, 11:27 PM
Hi Dorian, how big is the harddrive, AND is there some sort of protection like the babystar 465 has, It has a security dongle.

Dez

GameDude
28th December 2007, 11:54 PM
Hi Dorian, how big is the harddrive, AND is there some sort of protection like the babystar 465 has, It has a security dongle.

Dez

The one supplied is 8g... It can be copied no problem.
The babystar 465 usb dongle can be copied its just a boot drive nothing special.

I pissed of the CF in the 465 and turned them into 1066in1 units.

bleugh
29th December 2007, 08:29 AM
one question - is it quieter than the other 1000 in 1 (the one with the celeron 1.7 and the big PCB above the motherboard)

if it is,

please count me in for 1.

I can pay by credit card or get a mate to transfer some cash over,

I'm on holiday for a week, but defo am interested!

Dean

cavanor
29th December 2007, 08:57 AM
I'll take one, PM me payment details.
Ryan

GameDude
29th December 2007, 09:51 AM
one question - is it quieter than the other 1000 in 1 (the one with the celeron 1.7 and the big PCB above the motherboard)

if it is,

please count me in for 1.

I can pay by credit card or get a mate to transfer some cash over,

I'm on holiday for a week, but defo am interested!

Dean

I would say its quiet... It has an extra fan inside the case which makes some noise but nowhere as loud as the Intel fan on the Celeron.
The CPU fan is quiet...

I'll take one, PM me payment details.
Ryan

Done.... I have also added the details to the original post :)

Viper
29th December 2007, 09:58 AM
Dorian, sorry if this is a stupid question but I cannot tell from the pics. Does this unit also have VGA out? I'm thinking of wiring my cab for JAMMA and using one of these instead of bothering with an encoder and PC with MAME.

GameDude
29th December 2007, 02:08 PM
Dorian, sorry if this is a stupid question but I cannot tell from the pics. Does this unit also have VGA out? I'm thinking of wiring my cab for JAMMA and using one of these instead of bothering with an encoder and PC with MAME.

It uses the VGA out from the motherboard and converts it on the daughter card to JAMMA RGB. The software runs soft 15Khz to achieve the correct frequency.

I don see a reason why you could not use the VGA socket however you would have to modify the ini files to not run 15Khz as PC monitors wont do that.

Virgil Tracy
29th December 2007, 04:14 PM
Any Metal Slug games or for that matter any Neo geo games on it?

dezbaz
29th December 2007, 04:19 PM
Does it have the standard classics?

IE Donkey Kong
Crazy Kong
Pacman & Ms
Qix
Spacies
Bubble bobble
frogger
etc?

Regards Dez

GameDude
29th December 2007, 05:29 PM
Any Metal Slug games or for that matter any Neo geo games on it?

Yes Metal Slug series and alot of other NEO games...

Does it have the standard classics?

IE Donkey Kong
Crazy Kong
Pacman & Ms
Qix
Spacies
Bubble bobble
frogger
etc?

Regards Dez

The list is abbreviated but a quick glance showed Donkey Kong, Pacman and quite a few other oldies

dezbaz
29th December 2007, 05:40 PM
OK Count me in

I want 1 please

regards Dez

PM Me pls

Virgil Tracy
29th December 2007, 05:59 PM
Okay I will take one, all right if I pick it up in a few weeks after I come back from holidays

DKong
29th December 2007, 06:19 PM
The one supplied is 8g... It can be copied no problem.
The babystar 465 usb dongle can be copied its just a boot drive nothing special.

I pissed of the CF in the 465 and turned them into 1066in1 units.

What's the babystar 465 usb dongle?
and the CF?

Great price, if I didn't have my current MAME setup I would buy one. Looks so neat and all in the one box:D

Thanks for providing such great prices on these devices, considering people were paying around $700.00 or thereabouts a few years ago for similar.
I'm really happy with my 48 in 1 , besides the sound issues on a couple of games. (at least they are the 8-way joystick games which will be disabled on my 4-way setup)

Cheers Mate

mrwolf
29th December 2007, 08:37 PM
ill take one!

Will PM now!

Cheers

GameDude
29th December 2007, 10:57 PM
What's the babystar 465 usb dongle?
and the CF?

There is an all in one model that uses a USB boot pen and a CF (compact Flash) drive instead of a HDD... Unreliable CF cards made this setup rather crap.
I have since removed them and now run more reliable HDD setup with the rest of the hardware.

OK here is a scan of the games list... I have no OCR software so if someone can compile this list and maybe alphabetize it that would be great...
http://www.gamedude.com.au/arcade/images/page1.bmp
http://www.gamedude.com.au/arcade/images/page2.bmp
http://www.gamedude.com.au/arcade/images/page3.bmp
http://www.gamedude.com.au/arcade/images/page4.bmp
http://www.gamedude.com.au/arcade/images/page5.bmp
http://www.gamedude.com.au/arcade/images/page6.bmp

BlackKnight2000
30th December 2007, 07:32 PM
Some decoding would be nice too...some of those titles are a little cryptic!

hipknot
30th December 2007, 10:46 PM
with the harddrive for the 1000 in 1 same process as the 400 in 1 units
can the hard drive be switched over? does anybody know
can both 400 in 1 and 1000 in 1 hard drives be put onto same drive i know that there is some cross over with games would include extra 200 games that the 1000 in 1 doesnt have like ghost n goblins

brad

dezbaz
31st December 2007, 02:37 PM
Hi Dorian

I take it that only horizontal games (or the vertical ones already on the HDD) will work here

Dez

Wob
31st December 2007, 02:43 PM
OK, running OCR on those scans was very labour intensive because;

1. Scan resolution was a low, causing some letter to look the same (even to the human eye)
2. All the names are in cryptic ROM names and not real words
3. My bloody PC crashed twice so I had to do most pages twice :(

I have uploaded the results to a google spreadsheet here (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pW9O29I_5aSZHGQxN4LGIJA&hl=en). I have created separate tabs for each game heading they had (can someone tell me what the hell a "Yizhi" game is). Then there is a A-Z listing of all the game on a sheet, then counters for all the separate sheet, it's counting Cells that are not empty, so as games are deleted, added they will add to the count.

Now I'm putting it out there as is for someone to work out a quick way to resolve all the rom names back to Real names, while doing this keep in mind that due to the images low res there may be some letting wrong as it was hard to distinguish between some letters, namely;

i and l
e and a and s
o and c

I worked out most by their placement, but some of the more cryptic rom names were just a guessing game.

If someone wants Write access to the spreadsheet where it is rather than downloading it then pm you email addy and I'll share it out.

Cheers,
Wob

Wob
31st December 2007, 03:26 PM
Forgot to mention that there are duplicates in the original list, I have left these in place incase they are typos and should actually be an alternative rom set or something. Someone might want to check the list against a working box and confirm if the dupes can be removed.

Mr_Staypuft
31st December 2007, 08:04 PM
Thanks for your hard work wob!

(can someone tell me what the hell a "Yizhi" game is).

I tried googling & wiki-ing, but got nowhere.

My best guess, is that "Yizhi" might be the Chinese equivalent of "Family friendly".
ie "here's the games that aren't fighting or shooting or whatever".

(I first thought it was "miscellaneous", but there's already an "other" category)

Savage
31st December 2007, 08:32 PM
PM sent..
List seems to be almost same as the other 1000 in one, hopefully just as hackable

GameDude
31st December 2007, 11:21 PM
PM sent..
List seems to be almost same as the other 1000 in one, hopefully just as hackable

Cool no problem :)

Wob
2nd January 2008, 10:27 AM
Game dude has supplied me with some higher res scans, it's so much easier to run OCR on high res files.

I have run the OCR again and compaired my to results to find a bunch of missed errors. The spreadsheet have been updated and just needs someone to translate the ROM names into Game Names.

Cheers,
Wob

Savage
2nd January 2008, 11:05 AM
Good work, seems to have a lot of Metal Slug *EHXX types, what ever they mean?

Also I hate the categories most of them really make no sense

Clearance - ?
Fighting - Beat 'em ups
Flight - Shoot 'em ups
Yizhi - ?
Other -
Featured - ?

No real clear ones for Puzzle, Adult, Vertical they were the categories on the other xxxx in one.

Wob
2nd January 2008, 11:18 AM
I didn't make up the categories, they were the heading from the scans as I mentioned in my first post, I also queried what Yizhi meant :). I will leave the renaming up to whoever wants to decode the rom names, once they are back to normal names someone might be able to work out what they mean or categorise them.

Good work, seems to have a lot of Metal Slug *EHXX types, what ever they mean?

Also I hate the categories most of them really make no sense

Clearance - ?
Fighting - Beat 'em ups
Flight - Shoot 'em ups
Yizhi - ?
Other -
Featured - ?

No real clear ones for Puzzle, Adult, Vertical they were the categories on the other xxxx in one.

Savage
2nd January 2008, 11:22 AM
I know you didn't make up the categories, wasn't infering that you had. Just the stupid why they (the manufactures of these) do categories of them.

First thing I'll be doing is backing up the HDD and hacking / modding it.
If I can make sense of the categories I'll be changing them, if it's possible!,

Wob
2nd January 2008, 11:42 AM
Let me know how you go, I'll be ordering one shortly and hoping to adding some games to it.

GameDude
2nd January 2008, 06:42 PM
Ha ha ...... Asians and Chinglish:lol

Simon_A
3rd January 2008, 01:42 PM
So what is displayed on the screen with these units? The real game names or the funky chinglish?

Syzlack
3rd January 2008, 01:58 PM
Please use your AA nick when making payments thanks.
PM me your name and address after payment has been made as well....

I have added some pictures below

G'day,

Do you still have any of these left?
Cheers.

GameDude
3rd January 2008, 07:44 PM
G'day,

Do you still have any of these left?
Cheers.

Yes mate :)

So what is displayed on the screen with these units? The real game names or the funky chinglish?

This......
http://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5204&d=1198841525

jabz
4th January 2008, 01:34 AM
Can you please tell me if a P4 northwood 3.2Ghz can be installed in the unit? If not what is the max CPU that can be installed?

What are the RAM specs?
Its running MAME? can I change the HDD to a 100GB?

thanks

GameDude
4th January 2008, 06:16 AM
P4 can only be installed into the other 1066in1 unit I sell, ram is 256meg

Zamperla
7th January 2008, 10:55 PM
Can you explain the situation with the Mortal Combat series on these units? (is it big on RAM?) Would it be easy to add this?

GameDude
8th January 2008, 04:49 AM
Can you explain the situation with the Mortal Combat series on these units? (is it big on RAM?) Would it be easy to add this?

No its big on CPU, a faster one will cure the slowdown on this game

Simon_A
13th January 2008, 01:14 PM
Hi Dorian,

From reading your posts these run RGB video out, if I get a Jomac universal chassis do these hook straight up?

Yes, Im totally new to this stuff :)

Can I just give you my credit card info in a PM for a couple of these units?

Simon.

GameDude
13th January 2008, 03:36 PM
Hi Dorian,

From reading your posts these run RGB video out, if I get a Jomac universal chassis do these hook straight up?

Yes, Im totally new to this stuff :)

Can I just give you my credit card info in a PM for a couple of these units?

Simon.

Yes it will hook straight up...
I accept Direct Deposit, PM me for details :)

Simon_A
13th January 2008, 04:24 PM
Kewl. Sounds like a plan.

Mr_Staypuft
16th January 2008, 11:00 AM
Hi Dorian,

I've read through this thread, and I don't think this question's been answered....

Does the Red Box SAVE HIGHSCORES when you switch off, and come back the next day?

Mame does, so hopefully the redbox does. :)

dezbaz
18th January 2008, 04:23 PM
My gamebox just arrived this week

Tried it out last night, the fan is very quiet

Is there a volume control on the Box?

I had to abandon the test after 10 mins coz it was 11PM and at full volume I would wake the neighbours. LOL

Had a few errors come up, but I was using a RGB to TV Converter on a test bench, and with the crap colours, I couldn't read the error message. I will have to try in my cab soon.

I think it was a load fail message.

The machine locked up twice and I had to pull the plug to reset, so I have to figure out why that was too.

Any ideas Dorian

Dez

GameDude
21st January 2008, 06:56 AM
The volume control is in the same spot as the jamma connector where the little flashing light is.
Never had a game fail to load but on the odd occasion when I exit I did get a windows error message which can be removed by pressing P1, It does not seem to affect the system and I also noticed it came up probably from holding the button down to long :unsure.
As for the locking up its never happened to me so unsure but I suggest making sure all components inside are fastened down maybe reseat some of the connectors.

You will also notice to get button 6 on the jamma connector you have to solder a link on the PCB and re locate the JAMMA GND pins at one end. If you dont do it its no biggie just no button 6 in SF2

BlackKnight2000
22nd January 2008, 10:37 PM
If u put on of these in a cab that has a screen u can rotate, can u play the vertical games full screen?

Also, can the game menus be set to display only vertical or horizontal games?

GameDude
23rd January 2008, 03:36 AM
If u put on of these in a cab that has a screen u can rotate, can u play the vertical games full screen?

Also, can the game menus be set to display only vertical or horizontal games?

Its mame backend so if you modify the config you can make it do whatever you want I suppose.

dracer
24th January 2008, 05:34 PM
so i can plug this ubit into my jamma machine? easy?

bleugh
24th January 2008, 06:05 PM
so i can plug this ubit into my jamma machine? easy?

yep

tho on a different brand of 1066 in 1 i found a couple of buttons needed to be re-wired in my CABAL machine

Wob
24th February 2008, 10:21 AM
Hey Gamedude,

Seems there is a new model Gamebox floating around, looks like it might be a nice setup. See here (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Arcade-PCB-JAMMA-interface-GAMEBOX_W0QQitemZ180218264231QQihZ008QQcategoryZ39 45QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem).

Anychance of you stocking these at some point?

Thanks,
Beau

GameDude
24th February 2008, 01:40 PM
Not right now no.... I know where they come from and its no different to what I sell already except the specs are a little different.

lol @ that guy, he doesnt know shit... claims it has no MAME front end and thus does not infringe copyright :lol idiot they all use a frontend of some type

Wob
24th February 2008, 03:41 PM
Cool, do you have a list of specs on the new ones compaired with your current model?

I couple of things that looked interested was that they don't need the extra power supply, and they don't appear to have one attached. And interested to see how they manage to get 1000+ game on a 4Gb card.

GameDude
24th February 2008, 04:42 PM
Its not what you think, Its not a PC board underneath its all custom, there is no ATX PSU because it sources all its power from the arcade PSU in the cabinet already.
I have my doubts about its reliability because I have used CF card based systems already and they proved to be 100% failure rate within a few months, the CF card data corrupts.
Its more like a gigantic 48in1.
Any emulation based arcade PCB that uses the standard arcade PSU wont be very powerfull at all, you certainly wont run a P4 on one.... no way

Wob
25th February 2008, 09:36 AM
Well that's interesting, reliability aside I wonder what the games list is like, obviously if they are lower spec that would try and avoid the killer spec games. Would be interested to see a games list.

If they are not to low a spec and reliable they would be a nice option for those who hate the loadtimes of the HDD driven 1000 in 1 systems.

simonwoolley
23rd March 2008, 11:10 AM
Is there a way to load up MAME Roms? I have a stack of them and would be keen to see if you can upgrade the HDD and stick the .zip files from MAME on there?

Thanks

Viper
23rd March 2008, 12:35 PM
Is there a way to load up MAME Roms? I have a stack of them and would be keen to see if you can upgrade the HDD and stick the .zip files from MAME on there?

Thanks

Do a search in the other sections on the 1000 in 1 and you'll find a topic on just that.

Syzlack
14th April 2008, 01:27 PM
Hi Game dude,

Do you still have these red box in stock?
I am ready to buy one now,

Will this plug straight into a Kortek copy chassis?

Are you able to put more ram in this for me before shipping and how much?

Cheers,

GameDude
15th April 2008, 05:38 AM
Hi Game dude,

Do you still have these red box in stock?
I am ready to buy one now,

Will this plug straight into a Kortek copy chassis?

Are you able to put more ram in this for me before shipping and how much?

Cheers,

yes in stock mate :)
It runs standard 15Khz output
You wont need more ram...

Syzlack
15th April 2008, 01:17 PM
Cool.

Pager sent.

knight76
21st April 2008, 10:55 PM
So getting one of these will do away with the need for a J-Pac, Arcade VGA board and a computer running mame.

Setting up is pretty much just plugging it into a power point and having the jamma harness plugged into it.

GameDude
22nd April 2008, 05:41 AM
So getting one of these will do away with the need for a J-Pac, Arcade VGA board and a computer running mame.

Setting up is pretty much just plugging it into a power point and having the jamma harness plugged into it.

yes, you will need to add the extra button 4 5 and 6 to the harness and thats it

knight76
22nd April 2008, 09:28 AM
How do I add the extra buttons to the harness? Is there an addon socket that goes to the 1000 in 1 box or is it a soldering thing?

GameDude
22nd April 2008, 09:58 AM
How do I add the extra buttons to the harness? Is there an addon socket that goes to the 1000 in 1 box or is it a soldering thing?

Please see this thread
http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=13700

knight76
22nd April 2008, 12:30 PM
I just read the entire thread and this wasnt answered.

Can the HDD be replaced with a bigger hard drive, if not, how much space is left on the 8g drive?

GameDude
22nd April 2008, 01:24 PM
I just read the entire thread and this wasnt answered.

Can the HDD be replaced with a bigger hard drive, if not, how much space is left on the 8g drive?

Because your question was about the harness not the HDD.

To answer that question you can use any size you want... you wont need more than a 20gig HDD for all the files you need.

knight76
22nd April 2008, 01:41 PM
Ah, yeah, my last question was about the harness. I meant, the answer to the hard drive question was not answered when someone else asked it earlier.

8g is not a very large size so its good that you can change this out.

Thanks.

shooter
22nd April 2008, 01:48 PM
This is a COMPLETE SOLUTION. aka it is sold as a solution, not a computer.

If 8GB fits the 1000 games and the thing to run them.. then why get any larger ? :)

If you want the customization then get a computer with mame running on it. it will be a lot more then the price of this unit.

knight76
22nd April 2008, 02:07 PM
If 8GB fits the 1000 games and the thing to run them.. then why get any larger ?

Because the 1000 games that are on it might be missing some of the classics that people love, like ghosts and goblins. Also, you might need a bigger hard drive put in it to store those games that you love.

This is a simpler solution to a computer as there is no need for the arcade vga card, j-pac/i-pac. Solves arcade power supply issues, saves mucking around with Windows operating systems etc.

Alot of cabs do not have a lot of room in them for a computer in tower form, or mini tower form even. So this is a space saver also.

I am sure there are many other reasons.

Steven
22nd April 2008, 07:17 PM
Hi Dorian, would I be able to get one too at that price? :D
My PC to MAME cab project is giving me the shits, too many problems, couldn't be arsed anymore :lol

GameDude
23rd April 2008, 06:06 AM
Hi Dorian, would I be able to get one too at that price? :D
My PC to MAME cab project is giving me the shits, too many problems, couldn't be arsed anymore :lol

Sure AA prices are for all members with 30+ post count

Savage
23rd April 2008, 08:02 AM
I'm guessing the redbox is similar to the other 1000 in one, albeit a slower processor (have to confirm) but if it like the other 1000 in one. Then you'll find most of the roms are already on it, just not configured to use them

EG, I've added around 20 extra games, which weren't on the list of games, but the roms (zip files) were actually there... So you may not even need a bigger drive..

schmake
30th April 2008, 09:02 PM
I'm looking to grab one of these, however I'm wondering how the 3/4P JAMMA link/interface works?
If I've got a cab with the CPS2 3/4P harness (D&D Shadows of Mystara) can I create an interface to use that harness for players 3 & 4 ?

dezbaz
30th April 2008, 10:41 PM
Hey Dorian

If you post up the pinouts I will make the stickers up and post them on this and the other (sticker) post

Regards

GameDude
1st May 2008, 06:37 AM
Hey Dorian

If you post up the pinouts I will make the stickers up and post them on this and the other (sticker) post

Regards

OK I dont have my scanner here so I will type it, there is no power needed from the harness and the RGB-sync is the same.
Pins 1 and 2 GND
Pin7 key
Pin 10 speaker
Pin R - Adjust
Pin S - "Throwscoia" I dunno what that is... probably chinglish:lol
Pins 25-26-27 Button 4 5 and 6 respectivly
Pin 28 - GND

The major difference from this harness from JAMMA is the 6 buttons are wired to the edge connector and only one set of GND is used at the end.
Player 2 side is exactly the same

dezbaz
1st May 2008, 10:52 PM
OK I dont have my scanner here so I will type it, there is no power needed from the harness and the RGB-sync is the same.
Pins 1 and 2 GND
Pin7 key
Pin 10 speaker
Pin R - Adjust
Pin S - "Throwscoia" I dunno what that is... probably chinglish:lol
Pins 25-26-27 Button 4 5 and 6 respectivly
Pin 28 - GND

The major difference from this harness from JAMMA is the 6 buttons are wired to the edge connector and only one set of GND is used at the end.
Player 2 side is exactly the same

Can you please check this Dorian.
CAN EVERYONE ELSE WAIT TILL THESE ARE CHECKED BY GAMEDUDE PLEASE!

http://members.iinet.net.au/~getderrick/JammaHarnessLabels1000in1FINAL.jpg

Let me know mate

ED: OK this should now be right above

Regards

GameDude
2nd May 2008, 07:20 AM
Its correct except it does not use +5volts , -5volts or 12volts also count and lock are not connected and no pin 15 test switch.
Apart from that all great :023:

dezbaz
2nd May 2008, 07:37 AM
Check above for correct diagram / for stickers / pinouts

Regards

GameDude
2nd May 2008, 10:51 AM
Check above for correct diagram / for stickers / pinouts

Regards

Spot on :)

dezbaz
2nd May 2008, 07:04 PM
Here's the stickers you can stick on the harness when wiring up one of these 1000 in 1 units every one

http://members.iinet.net.au/~getderrick/JammaHarnessLabels1000in1FINAL-A.jpg

Thanks Gamedude!

dmworking247
2nd May 2008, 07:33 PM
Nicely done Dez.

Ok I have read the whole thread but I didn't catch a definative answer:

Within the confines of the 8gb hdd, is it possible to add a rom (ie from MAME)?

Can the game list be modified (hacked), ie removing the chinese characters/images, modifying game titles, removing titles you don't want displayed, etc?

dezbaz
2nd May 2008, 09:50 PM
Nicely done Dez.

Ok I have read the whole thread but I didn't catch a definative answer:

Within the confines of the 8gb hdd, is it possible to add a rom (ie from MAME)?

Can the game list be modified (hacked), ie removing the chinese characters/images, modifying game titles, removing titles you don't want displayed, etc?

I was just reading Savage's Post # 76 above, and he said he added 20 more games DM.

If you read this Savage, any chance of telling us how, was it just a matter of adding ROMS when connected to a PC?

Cheers

dmworking247
2nd May 2008, 10:02 PM
I wasn't sure if he meant the 'other' 1000 in 1 that he had.

dezbaz
2nd May 2008, 10:09 PM
I wasn't sure if he meant the 'other' 1000 in 1 that he had.

Oh . . . . .

Maybe he did?

Davefjedi
2nd May 2008, 10:12 PM
Yeah scot has the blue board

GameDude
3rd May 2008, 06:44 AM
I dint see any reason why more cannot be added.... its just a custom mame setup

Kage
28th May 2008, 02:28 AM
hi guys yeah the red box can added to deleted and be edited you just have to edit text files it not that hard but you do have to do some of it in Chinese. I don't speak Chinese but still worked it out. I was able to rearrange menus take stuff off my mate didn't want and also add games on.

As for taking the Chinese characters off the top it is possible but i wouldn't recommend it as it would require a complete rewrite of the mame setup. The cracked windows nt version is also only in Chinese so this does make it interesting to change things.

To change the setup there are several text document with games lists but only one list is important. the others are for Chinese support. you can actually press F7(off the top of my head) and jump between each list some are only in Chinese.

There are also games on the hard drive that are not in the text files and will not display through the frontend. Some of them work some dont, cant remember which ones as i did a complete overhaul of most of it.

If anyone wants more info on how to do this PM me.

ng4life
28th May 2008, 11:52 AM
to the dudes that have this box

does double dragon 1 and 2 work perfectly? (speed, graphics)

does it have NBA Jam? and if so does it work?! (unlike the other 1066 P.O.S)

ty

schmake
28th May 2008, 12:59 PM
to the dudes that have this box

does double dragon 1 and 2 work perfectly? (speed, graphics)

does it have NBA Jam? and if so does it work?! (unlike the other 1066 P.O.S)

ty

I can't remember if I added NBA Jam or it was there by default (I'm thinking it was already there). However it does work.

I finally connected up players 3 & 4 to my Redbox last night, works a treat except for these games that need credits specifically for P3/4 (ie Gauntlet and some Konami 4P games). Looks like I will need to wire up specific credit buttons

mamejay
1st August 2008, 11:05 AM
Hey Gamedude. Got my redbox the other day and got it up and running in no time. I love it. After working with PC's and mame setup's for years this is a breath of fresh air.
Have problems trying to find all the games but after reading a few post all is not sorted.
Will be ordering another one (or even 2) real soon to clean up some cabs out of my garage.
Thanks again gamedude for the for the good price!

GameDude
2nd August 2008, 01:41 PM
Np:023:

Gauntlet
29th October 2008, 06:09 PM
Hey Gamedude,

I posted on these forums about a year ago now, talking about actually renting some machines for my shop. I rang up true trent today just to get a rough idea on what it was going to cost me.

I could buy the machines outright, and then claim depretiation on the tax, but if I rent them then I get 100% back on the payments. Seems to make better business sense to simply rent the machines.

I rang the shop today to have a chat with you but you had already left for the day, I'll try again in a few days.

I'm looking at two machines for the store here, both upright. I have been doing some homework, and I have a number of questions, but figure it would be better to ask you these in person.

My main question though is, are these 1000 in 1 boards still what you are supplying or do you have a different product now?

EDIT: Can the Super Star Upright also be fitted with this board? I have always preferred playing 2D Fighting games standing up for some reason.

GameDude
29th October 2008, 09:17 PM
My main question though is, are these 1000 in 1 boards still what you are supplying or do you have a different product now?

EDIT: Can the Super Star Upright also be fitted with this board? I have always preferred playing 2D Fighting games standing up for some reason.

I can fit any PCB you want as long as it designed for standard cabinets... I currently have the redbox in stock but no babystar 1000in1 in stock as the exchange rate is shit right now... I can order them they just will probably cost more...
All the cabinets bar the table top can handle these boards

Gauntlet
29th October 2008, 09:50 PM
Cheers for that mate.

Yeah the exchange rate is shit, and I'm certainly feeling it, just about all my shelf product comes from the US (Comics, Card Games, Etc). I was living the high life at .95c but at .60c profit margins get a bit slimmer.

I still have a slew of questions (Most likely the same shit you here from every customer), but I'll save them when I speak to via the phone or when I pop into the store (Hopefully very soon). I have some extensive PC emulation experience (Greatest highlight for me was when they cracked CPS-1 emulation in 95/96 and then CPS-2 a few years later) but a total noob when it comes to arcade machines.

Also looking at picking up a laptop as well, so I'll roll the whole lot into one big fat rental package.

Speak to you directly soon.

Regards,

Toby

mxd
24th November 2008, 01:26 PM
Hi

do you still have the red boxes available ?

cheers
Matt

GameDude
1st December 2008, 04:03 PM
YES!

Hi

do you still have the red boxes available ?

cheers
Matt

dragondave
25th December 2008, 11:38 AM
You could lease... this is also a 100% tax deduction just like renting...

[QUOTE=Gauntlet;221812]Hey Gamedude,

I could buy the machines outright, and then claim depretiation on the tax, but if I rent them then I get 100% back on the payments. Seems to make better business sense to simply rent the machines.

mxd
7th January 2009, 03:16 PM
if you claim it you'll need to declare the income (which of course it what we all do for the nice folks at the ATO :cun: ), unless of course your going for the tax loss ?

You could lease... this is also a 100% tax deduction just like renting...

[QUOTE=Gauntlet;221812]Hey Gamedude,

Genie
19th January 2009, 10:27 PM
Do you still have red box 1000 in 1 ar arcade pcb available?

Is it just simply plug and play and follow the menu?
I have a lowboy Jamma Horizontial,Is this ok?

How much for the all in one pcb?

Does it have Nba Jam?

Cheers
Troy

GameDude
20th January 2009, 11:12 PM
Yes its still available, I cant remember now if it has NBA JAM maybe someone who has one setup can check? also there was a compiled list somewhere...

centrlink
21st January 2009, 07:33 AM
I have one, and can confirm it has NBA Jam, runs pretty well too.

No R-Type or Garou sadly - will have to find a way to shoe-horn in a few extra games :-)

There is a very helpful list here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pW9O29I_5aSZHGQxN4LGIJA&hl=en

Cheers
Simon

Genie
25th January 2009, 07:24 PM
I have one, and can confirm it has NBA Jam, runs pretty well too.

No R-Type or Garou sadly - will have to find a way to shoe-horn in a few extra games :-)

There is a very helpful list here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pW9O29I_5aSZHGQxN4LGIJA&hl=en

Cheers
Simon

Thanks Simon,Appreciate the details.;)

joshwaan
12th February 2009, 07:20 PM
Hi

Got a few questions, not sure if been asked.

Do the games run in there proper resolutions?

What sort of CPU does the unit use, I read you can not upgrade it due to not enough power coming from the arcade PSU?

NBA JAM run quite well hey, any Mortal Kombat games on there, could not see any.

Thanks

Josh

hersonl
13th February 2009, 09:45 AM
I have one of these redbox. I don't know whether mine is the same as gamedude's offering. But I can tell you the stock cpu on mine came with an intel celeron 1100ghz cpu with 128kb cache. It can however be upgraded to celeron tualatin 1200Ghz 256K cache 100Mhz FSB. This is the max CPU the mainboard will take. Max memory can be upgraded to 512MB. It is quite a decent box with plenty of nice vertical shooting game. And yes all display the correct resolution without stretching.

bleugh
22nd February 2009, 12:14 PM
may sound silly here, but, i've actually powered mine up for the first time after 18 months of ownership..........

it boots windows 2000 , then stays on a test pattern screen, cycling

black
red, green, blue, grey gradient screen (big horizontal bars)
dark grey
light grey

then back

the multi colour LED is pulsing through various colours

can't get any menu up!

any suggestions?

i've had a quick nose inside, everything seems in order, i'm plugging a VGA monitor onto the motherboard

edit/
plugging i've plugged a USB keyboard in, now the screen boots thru windows, then stays black! no HDD activity, but the multi light in the front pulses in a different way if a S1 -S4 button is pressed!

dezbaz
22nd February 2009, 12:34 PM
I have one of these redbox. I don't know whether mine is the same as gamedude's offering. But I can tell you the stock cpu on mine came with an intel celeron 1100ghz cpu with 128kb cache. It can however be upgraded to celeron tualatin 1200Ghz 256K cache 100Mhz FSB. This is the max CPU the mainboard will take. Max memory can be upgraded to 512MB. It is quite a decent box with plenty of nice vertical shooting game. And yes all display the correct resolution without stretching.

Thanks for this info mate

ocdcsv
22nd February 2009, 12:56 PM
plugging i've plugged a USB keyboard in, now the screen boots thru windows, then stays black! no HDD activity, but the multi light in the front pulses in a different way if a S1 -S4 button is pressed!

Sounds like the HDD is stuffed. May be stuck since it hasn't been used for a while.

bleugh
22nd February 2009, 02:10 PM
Sounds like the HDD is stuffed. May be stuck since it hasn't been used for a while.

nah, windows boots fine!

borgattard
23rd February 2009, 04:33 PM
Hey guys pls help
got 1 of these & i dont know if its normal.
i have a horizontal line about 1 - 2 inches long on the left hand side travelliing down the screen only when i play games & not on menu screen. Does anybody have the same?? very annoying. how do i fix.
thanx

GameDude
23rd February 2009, 07:42 PM
Hey guys pls help
got 1 of these & i dont know if its normal.
i have a horizontal line about 1 - 2 inches long on the left hand side travelliing down the screen only when i play games & not on menu screen. Does anybody have the same?? very annoying. how do i fix.
thanx

Picture would help.....

borgattard
23rd February 2009, 07:58 PM
i tried to take photo but wont come out. It travels down the screen on the left hand side & doesn't happen with my other jamma boards

Syzlack
24th February 2009, 12:55 PM
i tried to take photo but wont come out. It travels down the screen on the left hand side & doesn't happen with my other jamma boards

Mine does it, game plays fine, just distracting.

borgattard
24th February 2009, 02:14 PM
Mine does it, game plays fine, just distracting.

It really annoys me though. Would it be something with all of them or just ours?

Syzlack
2nd March 2009, 12:52 PM
It really annoys me though. Would it be something with all of them or just ours?

I would think it is all of them, Maybe a frequency prob or something.

joshwaan
4th March 2009, 12:09 PM
I've paid for one, I've pmed you Dorian :)

martymoose
29th July 2009, 11:10 PM
hi just scored a jap candy cabinet
it has a red gamebox in it 1000-in1 on the box it says 1000in1
it boot to a chinese 2000 and then the games are in chinese
can it be converted to english
and can you mod the drive

one thing made me laugh was the drive in it is a 10gb wd with compaq oem stickers all over it
i can read the menu of the drive
i must admit they ar put together very well

cheers

also anybody have a instruction manual for them

mxd
30th July 2009, 09:09 AM
does it have 4 buttons on the front ?

If so one of the buttons will change lang, can't remember what the others do though ?

martymoose
30th July 2009, 03:14 PM
mate had a go at that didnt work
i plugged in a keyboard and pressed buttons F6 did it

also i have a game/red box 2 that doesnt drop into 15khz mode any ideas

the unit stays in vga mode i tested with pc screen

mxd
30th July 2009, 03:46 PM
not too sure, there, got a picky, my box mght be diff to yours ?

martymoose
30th July 2009, 08:22 PM
ok more reading and come to this
the box in the first post is identical to the one i have all works but will not do 15hz
iE just garbage of arcade screen plug a vga screen in menu is on the screen

i have an other gamebox plastic red case has same menu its gobbly gook untill menu kicks and then bamm perfect

is there a setting for the gamebox2 to do 15khz or is my image corupted
if so if i send somebody a drive and pay postage would somebody clone theres?

el_timbo86
30th July 2009, 09:55 PM