PDA

View Full Version : Dumb nOOb needs IPAC2 advice please

lexmark
24th December 2007, 02:33 PM
If i have seperate dedicated buttons for each of the IPAC2 shift functions eg....escape , tab , pause.....Do i still have to hold down the P1 button to enable those shift buttons to work ,or do you wire the IPAC2 up in a different way.

Thanks for any advice

John

felixthadog
24th December 2007, 04:07 PM
If i have seperate dedicated buttons for each of the IPAC2 shift functions eg....escape , tab , pause.....Do i still have to hold down the P1 button to enable those shift buttons to work ,or do you wire the IPAC2 up in a different way.

Thanks for any advice

John

I have a J-PAC and I have wired up a separate button that acts as the "Shift" key, I have then reassigned the Shift function from P1 Start to my new button. If you have dedicated buttons for Escape, Pause etc, you should be able to unassign the Shift key altogether and assign each of your buttons to the required keyboard keys. The Ultimarc (http://www.ultimarc.com) website has all the details.

Matthew

OzStick
24th December 2007, 06:38 PM
Hi John,

No you are on the right track, although I never advise anyone to do what you've done as you invite others to play with those buttons when they don't know what they are for.......

Your main need for those buttons will diminish over time, as once you get all the dipswitch settings etc right for each game you'll find you won't NEED to access menus for that purpose.

You can use the WinIPAC IPD programming utility to set the I-PAC with the appropriate keystrokes for those inputs. If you like you can also set the Shift input to "None" as you won't be needing it.

Cheers,
Chris

lexmark
24th December 2007, 07:06 PM
Matthew & Chris

Thanks for the reply's , OK so it can be done .....GOOD

Chris ...was there a CD that was supposed to come with the Ipac or do i download the utility from the link at OzStick. ???

I'm still some way from wiring everything up but just needed to know if what i asked would work so that i could drill the holes .

Thanks again

John