PDA

View Full Version : Neo Geo Bootleg PHUN!@!

Arcade King
20th December 2007, 09:08 PM
I'll keep it short

Bored
Made NeoMrDo! out of a Samurai Showdown cart, why? why not? sorry Stu!
Q: Why did I choose Neo Mr Do! and Samurai Showdown.
A: Looking at the rom files in Mame Samurai Showdown pretty much matches the rom sizes as Mr Do. eg V1,C1 and C2 etc uses the same rom sizes 16mb. If they didnt match I'd have to spend ages trying to work out the jumper settings to change rom types :sleep
Mr Do uses a single 4 meg program rom where Samurai uses 1 8 meg and a 4 meg chip at P1 and EP1. I just joined MR Do program together to make a 8 meg files and programmed it onto a 27c800.....:sleep
Most annoying part was desoldering all the of Samurai's roms.
Mr Do was a great game to try and boot because its only small, uses 6 roms.
Anywayz programmed all the roms i needed soldered them back on the pcb (neo carts are so easy to work on) plugged it in and WHAM!
Last Step was to make a new label........see for yourself.

If I can get hold of some 32 meg roms(27c320) might try Puzzle Bobble 2 next.

XiTaU
20th December 2007, 09:43 PM
i would love to get me a ghost lop boot someday seeing as it was never released and a great puzzle game. Nice work i thought it was only chinese people had the skills to make boots :)

Arcade King
20th December 2007, 09:47 PM
hrm how complete is Ghost Lop? I see its only a proto.

stu
20th December 2007, 10:51 PM
There really is nothing wrong with ghostlop....you can complete the game and there is no bugs/lockups...unless of course you make it wrong.

Samsho2 / kof 95/96 (i think on the kof) are the carts to use as they are pretty much a straight rom swap.

AK i'll pay you and send you the samsho 2 if you can do me a ghostlop. I was going to do it myself but i'd have to get a burner for that and.....well i only need that one cart done :)

I'm not that opposed to bootlegs, i just don't want them in my collection :)

Nice work

Some info here....maybe not just a straight rom swap...

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137030&highlight=ghostlop
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127370&highlight=ghostlop

XiTaU
21st December 2007, 01:10 AM
seems to be a market of ghost lop fans then :) tis an awesome game too bad it never got released.

stu
21st December 2007, 02:25 AM
I think it's ok....i wouldnt put it anywhere near magical drop, money puz exchanger or puzzle de pon.....but still alot better than more than half the neo library :)

Ric
21st December 2007, 08:01 AM
Trav this is why you're the king

Arcade King
21st December 2007, 04:00 PM
I'm only doing this to make use of some of these dime a dozen games and convert them into something rarer and better.
Some times its more cost effective to just buy the cart, its getting harder to find cheap roms to do this sort of thing.
Nightmare in the Dark looks like another goer.

XiTaU
21st December 2007, 06:04 PM
you can buy the boots of nitd for quite cheap from excellentcom you could last year anyway.

stu
21st December 2007, 07:44 PM
I'm going to have a go at ghostlop in the new year i think. Your inspiring me AK. And i want to add it to my collection as well, and i'm gonna have to buy a bootleg made cart of it that someone else made anyways...

I just picked up two neo bomberman carts for $15 each......i took the punt on them....they will be boots i reckon but ah well. It's so expensive for such an average game.

Post how you go on your NITD if you make one up. NITD is a cool game until you play snow bros and then it just seems crappy :) But alas it's another game i don't have yet :(

Puzzle de Pon R and Puzzle Bobble 2 would be two games to do also. I'm thinking both games aren't so easy to boot otherwise there would be boots everywhere of both games....I'm surpried there isnt more twinkle star sprites bootlegs...that game is really not common and pretty wanted...

Arcade King
21st December 2007, 07:50 PM
yeah I paid $66 for a neo bomberman recently and turned out to be a bootleg :( felt pretty ripped but my son loves the game plays it non stop.
When I think about it I could have made my own much cheaper.
Twinkle Star is another on my list. i'll be using the bootleg set for NITD because it splits the 32 meg roms into 16 meg which makes it easier to use a crappy game like SS to sac.

spot
21st December 2007, 08:19 PM
i agree with stu - puzzle bobble 2 would be a great boot to have.
let us know if you have any breakthrus.

Arcade King
21st December 2007, 08:21 PM
i agree with stu - puzzle bobble 2 would be a great boot to have.
let us know if you have any breakthrus.

unless the game has some sort of encryption it shouldn't be a problem.
Anybody got any faulty carts they want to get rid of? give me a yell.

stu
21st December 2007, 10:56 PM
I bid on a legit puzzle bob 2 last week on us ebay....i was gonna go for it but there was another bidder going for it to and this particular person usually bids big on stuff like that so i let it go :(

Gotta say after playing the game (puzbob2) it's pretty average. Not worth the $$ it goes for. 1 is better and puz de pon is better to.

Twinkle star is another game that's bootlegged a fair bit....i cant see it being an easy one though as there would have to be a shit load more around for such a sought after game.....could be wrong though. I guess yaton makes alot of them.

Arcade King
22nd December 2007, 10:29 AM
Well just said **** it and splurged out on some roms, 12 27c322, and 10 27c160,800,400,010.

should have plenty to do the deed, all i need is some sac carts.

David_AVD
22nd December 2007, 11:20 AM
Where did you buy the EPROMs from? Just curious to see who's supplying and how much they are.

Arcade King
22nd December 2007, 12:11 PM
ebay has them

stu
28th December 2007, 11:55 AM
Just got my programmer!!! :)

Been ****in hanging to play with this since you posted this thread.

I really have no clue at all how to use a programmer, or how to do any of this stuff.. so i've spent the better half of the morning reading up and playing.

Gotta get me some chips now

Savage
28th December 2007, 12:17 PM
Is there any difference in video \ audio with the bootlegs?

stu
28th December 2007, 12:24 PM
The game data is the same, i think the problems arise from dodgy ways of hacking things to get stuff to work. But looking at AK's job, there is very little change aside from a few eproms...Some bootlegs i've seen are nasty lol......his bootleg is a very clean one :)

Correct me if im wrong.

Arcade King
28th December 2007, 12:34 PM
Trick is to match games that use the same sized Eproms.
If its done right there should be no difference between a original and a boot because you're still using a original SNK cart PCB.

stu
28th December 2007, 01:03 PM
Is it ok to just join a rom together with itself to double it's size? So you can just basically have the same data twice? You mentioned you did it so i guess its ok.....just doesnt sound right thats all.

Arcade King
28th December 2007, 02:53 PM
Is it ok to just join a rom together with itself to double it's size? So you can just basically have the same data twice? You mentioned you did it so i guess its ok.....just doesnt sound right thats all.

I did that because Samurai Showdown's P1 rom was configured to take a 8 meg rom while Neo Mr Do! is only 4. because the 4 meg rom is only 40 pin not 42 I decided to take the easy path and just use a 8 meg rom. I didnt have to join the 2 images together, I just did it for the hell of it to fill the empty 4 megs of space.

Arcade King
4th January 2008, 03:17 PM
Well heres my second boot (third actually) Ghostlop
Used a Samsho program and KOF96 character pcb. no particular reason I could have used sam sho to do it. I've been working on Puzzle Bobble 2 but am stuck, I've got graphics 100% but sound is just SCREWED! Originally I though it could have been the KOF95 program board because the carts sound was stuffed to begin with. There were 2 bad roms on the KOF95 so I naturally assumed that was the cause. I decided to sac my 96 cart to confirm, reason being needed a cart that supported 32meg V roms (sound samples) still the same.
Anyway back to Ghostlop, as you can see I've only taken the roms I needed to of the character board and disabled the rest. Just saves heaps of time in desoldering..me=lazy.
For some reason this game will not work on my 1 slot MV1F but works perfect on my 6 slot. At first I thought i did something wrong because when I was testing it on my 1 slot it just reset after the Data East screen...so who know.

Arcade King
6th January 2008, 07:54 PM
2 more games to add to my bootleged list.
Pop n Bounce (Fun rare game)
Spinmasters. Spent a lot of time on this one. Nothing worse than soldering in 8 42 pins roms only to find you used the wrong Character board :x
I'm now officially out of 8 meg roms but was worth it!.
Successes
Neo MrDo!
Ghostlop
Pop n Bounce
Spinmasters

Failures :x
Puzzle Bobble 2
Viewpoint
Both of these ive had issues with garbled sound. I really need to get hold of originals specially for viewpoint and map the address lines.
I won a KOF95 cart on ebay so im going to try that for PB2. The pics of seen of the inside of the PB2 cart look identical to KOF95. I did have a kof95 but the PCM sound chip was stuffed in it.

spot
6th January 2008, 08:05 PM
brilliant work AK - keep us posted!!

Arcade King
6th January 2008, 09:04 PM
Forgot to mention I got ghostlop to work on my 1 slot :) i noticed on my 6 slot some music was missing, just changed 2 jumpers and away she went.

BTW anybody got a viewpoint I could borrow?

Arcade King
21st January 2008, 09:38 PM
Heres some hardcore hacking. My goal here doing Captain Tomaday! was to use a standard character board in this case a Samurai Shodown 1 and use 32 meg roms with it.
this character board has no jumper settings for changing rom sizes so your stuck with either 8 or 16 meg. What ive done is mapped all the jumpers from a character board from a larger capacity game that actually has the jumpers in this case CHA256. as you can see a bloody mess but I did what I set out to do.
Another thing I've learned the hard way is why when ever I tried doing a game that uses 32 meg V roms(sound samples) it would always come out with garbage. Reason is the 27c322 rom im using does not have a 8 bit mode (2Mbitx8 bit) which the neogeo requires for sound samples. Basically when you look at the data lines with a probe every 2nd one is pulsing and the others are dead.
Captain Tomaday originally uses 1 32 meg(V1) and a 8 meg(V2). what i did was split V1 in half making 2 16 meg images and since i have no 8 meg roms left I joined V2 and used a 16 meg rom there too :D BTW the 27C322's are fine for graphics as it uses the normal 16 bit mode.
I need to either find some 27C320's which is a 44 pin 32 meg EPROM which has the BYTE mode and/or find some of the MASK roms SNK used TC5332201P...fat chance on both counts..guess I'll have to stick to using 16 meg roms..by rights I should now be able to do Puzzle Bobble 2
BTW I'm going to Auction a Ghostlop at some point, I'll use the money from the sale to fund more roms :)

WOKA
21st January 2008, 10:43 PM
Pfft, Bloody Backyarder.

Arcade King
22nd January 2008, 07:08 AM
Pfft, Bloody Backyarder.

Must be too much Puff Puff Pass aye?

dav000616
23rd January 2008, 05:18 PM
Love your labelling system, use label all my carts the same way

Arcade King
23rd January 2008, 05:27 PM
Love your labelling system, use label all my carts the same way

Well now that you mention it I have downloaded the spine pack from here http://classic-shock.1emu.net/index.html (great site, I've added to links directory.) No Ghostlop in there unfortunately :(
I also found another site with a nice spine template so I could make a Ghostlop label.
Now I was thinking of buying this http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110214519781&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching
What you guys reckon? good for printing labels on? I could print a heap of labels on 1 page. A lot of my originals could use new labels too.
Attached is a sample of my ghostlop Label.
I'd like to put nice labels on Ghostlop because I'm sure a few members would like there very own cart :)

XiTaU
23rd January 2008, 09:10 PM
i think those serial numbers are a bit off. I dont know how many prototypes they made but im guessing its not in the 12000's :)

Arcade King
23rd January 2008, 09:17 PM
i think those serial numbers are a bit off. I dont know how many prototypes they made but im guessing its not in the 12000's :)

lol yeah good point, it was originally Blazing stars :) I'll make it 00001

Arcade King
13th December 2009, 06:13 PM
Got bored today so I made myself a Puzzle Bobble 2 Cart :rolleyes

Puzzle Bobble 2
Sacked cart KOF94
Program Board (PROGTOP).

I used 4x27C160 16 bit Eproms for Sound Data V1-V4. Original Cart used 2x32Mbit roms. I havent found any 32mbit 16bit Eproms that have a 8 bit output mode so I have to split the 2 32meg images into 4. Trick was finding a game I could sac that had space for 4 16 meg roms.
Program is 8 megabits. The original KOF94 program is on 1 16meg rom. I tried doubling the images up and using a 16 meg rom but the game locked up. Instead I split the image in half and used 2 4 meg roms (27c4096) @ EP1 and EP2

Graphics Board (CHA256)

Pretty straight forward here. C1 and C2 and 32 meg and C3 and 4 are 8. Just had to installone jumper @ R2 and Remove J12
M1 uses a 27c010 and S1 a 27C1000. Slightly different pinout. Since 27C1000's are hard to get i just modified the 27C010 by jumping 2 pins hence the wiring.
Game works great :D

http://www.aussiearcade.com/uploads/AK/neogeo/PB2-1.jpg

http://www.aussiearcade.com/uploads/AK/neogeo/PB2-2.jpg

Hrm maybe Viewpoint, Zedblade or perhaps that prototype Digger Man next????

stu
19th January 2010, 10:05 PM
How about an Ironclad for your next project ;)

Arcade King
20th January 2010, 06:14 AM
Think im pretty much out of roms. I ended up doing viewpoint.
Ironclad is a CD only release?

stu
20th January 2010, 08:17 AM
It was, but it got released on the wii virtual console, and the roms came from that. It's possible to make a fully working MVS cart out of it. Some have been popping up on Ebay.

Arcade King
20th January 2010, 04:46 PM
Sweet just Downloaded them ;) :D looks easy enough.

stu
20th January 2010, 05:25 PM
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205306

Might be some helpfull info in there.

Hey AK, if you manage to make it, i'll be happy to either buy one off you or send you all the parts you need and pay you for your time to make me one :)

Would be nice to have that in my collection. Post your results if you decide to have a go!

Arcade King
20th January 2010, 05:39 PM
Ahh **** mate can't read that shit, what a bunch of bitches?.
Looks easy enough. Just need 3x16 meg, 2x 1 (8 bit) meg, 4x32 meg roms.
A samurai showdown or KOF 94 would make ideal sac cart.

I'd be happy to make one up for you, i found 3 16 meg roms and have plenty 32 meg.
If you want to buy the roms and supply the cart I'll make one up for you?

Hewitson
21st January 2010, 01:32 PM
That goes for me too. I hate saccing carts though, I wish there was an affordable way to get some cases & PCB's manufactured for these prototypes.

narf_
22nd January 2010, 05:45 PM
ive got a KOF 94 sitting here

set me back a mighty 99c :lol. game sucks arse

Arcade King
22nd January 2010, 05:47 PM
yeah it is a shit common game and cheap to pick up which is why I use them as sac carts :)
I'm going to make this game up on the weekend (time permitting) so stay tuned :)

narf_
22nd January 2010, 05:49 PM
nice :cool:

Hewitson
22nd January 2010, 05:50 PM
Omg.. How the **** can you two call one of the best fighting games ever made shit? :realmad:

Arcade King
22nd January 2010, 05:51 PM
quite easily.
KOF98 is the best fighting game on the neo geo and theres no way I'd sac that.

Hewitson
22nd January 2010, 05:51 PM
Obviously most people disagree, as KOF94 is present in far more arcades than 98 has ever been.

Arcade King
22nd January 2010, 05:54 PM
94 is great if you like basic fighting games...sort of reminds me of World Heroes...another great sac cart.

Hewitson
22nd January 2010, 06:03 PM
I do like basic fighters, Double Dragon 2 on the NES is still to this day my favourite.

Hah.. World Heroes has always made me laugh. "NUMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Arcade King
22nd January 2010, 06:07 PM
:lol yeah it made me laugh too. Here we have a powerful 16 bit platform with a game that looks like it was excreted out of an C64's arsehole.

narf_
22nd January 2010, 06:32 PM
world heroes kicked arse when i was about 11 onwards for a few years

used to go the local bowling alley. the memories starblade,battle shark,KOM2 and WH to boot

they had a adams pin few years later but i used to walk past it thinking adams family bah :redface

only starblade and battleshark remain there :cry

Hewitson
22nd January 2010, 07:50 PM
:lol yeah it made me laugh too. Here we have a powerful 16 bit platform with a game that looks like it was excreted out of an C64's arsehole.
Lmao.. The graphics on WH are actually quite good in my opinion.

stu
22nd January 2010, 08:09 PM
KOF 94 just isn't that fun to play when you start to play 98/2k2........... Even 98 feels sluggish to play when you play 2k2/XI....but each to his own.

KOF98 is probably as common, if not more common than 94....that's what i find anyways. I'd sac either because i've got spares!!!

Take a look at that thread AK, there's a script to split the roms into the proper MVS roms....not sure if it's actually required, but that thread doesn't have lots of BS like the other one.

http://neosource.1emu.net/forums/index.php?topic=1264.0

Hewitson
22nd January 2010, 08:25 PM
If you've got a spare KOF94 in good condition, I'd be very interested :)

TV is still going brilliantly, we're really enjoying it. Thanks again mate.

Arcade King
22nd January 2010, 08:50 PM
I used my spare to make viewpoint :p

Going by that thread stu the set I downloaded is correct, CRC's check out.

stu
22nd January 2010, 09:53 PM
@ak Awesome, i got the wrong set because when i ran that tool on mine it split them, now the CRC's check out. If it's jus a straight rom swap i could do that no probs. Don't you have to do jumper soldering to make those carts?

@hewitson, glad you're enjoying it, was a nice tv :) My last spare kof94 that i know of just got listed on ebay. But i might have another in a box of stuff somewhere. Will have a look for you

narf_
22nd January 2010, 09:56 PM
can have mine if you want mate

Arcade King
23rd January 2010, 06:11 AM
@ak Awesome, i got the wrong set because when i ran that tool on mine it split them, now the CRC's check out. If it's jus a straight rom swap i could do that no probs. Don't you have to do jumper soldering to make those carts?

@hewitson, glad you're enjoying it, was a nice tv :) My last spare kof94 that i know of just got listed on ebay. But i might have another in a box of stuff somewhere. Will have a look for you

if you find a sac cart with the same configuration you wont have to jumper anything but the V1 will have to be split in half and burnt across 2 16 meg roms.

Arcade King
27th January 2010, 09:03 PM

Just had a chance to do some work on this tonight and got it to the point where the game is working with sound minus the gfx (ran out of time).The set I originally downloaded didnt work. P1 CRC is 62A942C6. I downloaded another set with P1 CRC 65849961 which works!
Will post up some cart pics and game running on my neo tomorrow night.

stu
27th January 2010, 09:36 PM
I've got some roms coming for mine.

I always thought that was when you had to do the jumpers, when you started splitting the roms from what the original board you sac'd was.....Post soms pics of the pcb's if you don't mind?

Arcade King
28th January 2010, 08:14 PM
All done. Sweet game, just wish I could read Jap.

http://www.aussiearcade.com/uploads/AK/ironclad/IMG_2621.jpg

http://www.aussiearcade.com/uploads/AK/ironclad/IMG_2622.jpg

http://www.aussiearcade.com/uploads/AK/ironclad/IMG_2625.jpg

http://www.aussiearcade.com/uploads/AK/ironclad/IMG_2627.jpg

http://www.aussiearcade.com/uploads/AK/ironclad/IMG_2628.jpg

http://www.aussiearcade.com/uploads/AK/ironclad/IMG_2633.jpg

stu
28th January 2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the pics mate, will have a crack at it on the weekend.

AskJacob
29th January 2010, 10:32 AM
Hey AK, any reason to not use sockets when you rebuild like that?

e.g. the cartridge case won't fit?

Cheers
Jacob

Mango
29th January 2010, 10:55 AM
Awesome thread, well done on the conversions, amazing stuff :)

Arcade King
29th January 2010, 01:39 PM
Hey AK, any reason to not use sockets when you rebuild like that?

e.g. the cartridge case won't fit?

Cheers
Jacob

thats exactly it :) Tried using sockets in the past and its a real tight fit.

AskJacob
29th January 2010, 01:43 PM

bummer. Seems a shame to solder those big $ eproms :)

Cheers
Jacob

Arcade King
29th January 2010, 01:48 PM
True but I only ever need to do it once ;)

VectorGlow
31st January 2010, 09:27 PM

Would low profile sockets help, or would they only give an extra millimetre or so of clearance between the EPROMs and the shell?

A pity if so as if they ever become corrupted it would be a pain to have to desolder them again.

Well done on all your hard work with these carts, most impressive. :D

Arcade King
25th July 2017, 04:54 PM
Would low profile sockets help, or would they only give an extra millimetre or so of clearance between the EPROMs and the shell?

A pity if so as if they ever become corrupted it would be a pain to have to desolder them again.

Well done on all your hard work with these carts, most impressive. :D

Damn old post.
I've tried using sockets before, super tight fit and I wouldn't recommend it unless you were just using bare boards to make a test cart or something.
I've been bored and fixing some carts this week so I think I'll make myself some more boots!
Amazing the amount of interest people had in this stuff 7 years ago compared to now.

Arcade King
8th August 2017, 04:27 PM
For the .1% of the site who's interested in this sort of stuff over the last few weeks in my spare time I've been going through my Neo carts and repairing some I had bought faulty and making a few bootlegs.
One bootleg I had was labeled Puzzle Bobble in cheap marker on top of a Real Bout Fatal Fury 2!!!!!!!!! what sort of a dirty rat does this!
Unfortunately the Program and Character boards aren't the original ones so I bought a cheap 20 buck KOF97 to use as a Sac which uses the Progbk1 and Char512y pcbs I require.

RBFF2 is pretty rare and neigh impossible to get now so I decided for PHUN! I'd make my own and to piss off all those Neo Geo purists who lose their minds over this shit :)
This is a sort of a WIP
First problem is RBFF2 uses 6 64megabit C roms which there is no Eprom equivalent unless you use a flash rom with an adapter. Since I want to use what I have on hand I'm going to use 12 32megabit roms 27c322.
First up is to split all the C roms in half so C1 through to C6 becomes C1-1 C1-2, C2-1,C2-2 etc the first rom being the lower half and C2-2 the upper each file is 4 megabytes each.
Originally I arranged the roms by stacking then on top of one another C1-1 in C1 then C1-2 on top and solder all the pins together leaving pin 13 (OE) lifted on C1-2 this had to be done for all 12 roms.
Problem I had with this arrangement was the roms were to high to fit in the cart with the program/V rom board so this is what I ended up doing.

114445 114446
I've numbered the roms so you can see the order.
So as you can see I soldered 4 of the roms to the back of the board face up and cut the remaining legs off. Now the pcb's fit neatly into the cart.
2 chips are needed 1x74ls139 and a 74ls04. I could have used half of the existing SMD 139 but I wasn't sure of this until after I already snipped the legs off.

Here's the game running!

Unfortunately I won't get away with this trick with the V roms which uses 4 32megabit roms. Because the 27C322's don't have an 8bit mode I'll have to stack 8 27c160's which will make it hard to fit in the case.

Stay tuned! This carts going to weigh a tonne :D

Johns-Arcade
8th August 2017, 04:56 PM
Not into neo geo, but love the tech side to this Trav :)

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Arcade King
8th August 2017, 07:17 PM
Not into neo geo, but love the tech side to this Trav :)

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Neo Geo has a special place in the Shitcade being the only modern system. I remember spending a lot of time down at the video shop with mates playing the 6 slotter they had.
You're right John its more so about the challenge in making a larger cart. There's a few other games I want to make that are just stupidly expensive.

Arcade King
9th August 2017, 04:54 PM
Here's the Progbk1 program board with v roms installed. I had to stack the roms on this board no way around it.

the added 74ls139 is used for bank switching and 2 wires go back to the added 74ls04 on the character board to invert the CE for the piggy backed roms.

114481 114482
Result one Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 working 100% which weighs just over half a kilo :lol
Roms used
13 x 27c322
1 x 27c800
1 x 27c1000
1 x 27c020
8 x 27c160

Pretty damn proud of this effort.
Might do a Zupapa next

razor
10th August 2017, 06:48 AM
Half a kilo!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

xodaraP
10th August 2017, 07:42 PM
I made a Ghostlop conversion, didn't realize RBFF2 was that rare - very cool :D

Arcade King
10th August 2017, 07:57 PM
I made a Ghostlop conversion, didn't realize RBFF2 was that rare - very cool :D
There's none on eBay, not mvs anyway, I mainly did it for fun. I haven't attempted making a large cart like this before.
I made Zupapa earlier, fun game.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Aussie Arcade mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=90390)

juci
13th August 2017, 01:52 AM
I'm super interested in this stuff, I didnt realise this thread was still active :).

I just made a 32megabit V rom replacement recently to try and fix a Last Blade which has distorted audio.

I used a 29f032b, and an adapter board which you can buy from oshpark, much easier than all the trouble you went through :P.

Although, it wasnt the problem, its either the PCM or one of the 3 74LS chips argh, looks like im just gonna swap the prog board out with a spare.

Edit: quick question I made an ironclad a long time ago and it has the dim video, I swapped the P rom with the so called patched rom and it doesnt work at all.
Anyone else have this problem?

Arcade King
13th August 2017, 08:22 AM
I'm super interested in this stuff, I didnt realise this thread was still active :).

I just made a 32megabit V rom replacement recently to try and fix a Last Blade which has distorted audio.

I used a 29f032b, and an adapter board which you can buy from oshpark, much easier than all the trouble you went through :P.

Although, it wasnt the problem, its either the PCM or one of the 3 74LS chips argh, looks like im just gonna swap the prog board out with a spare.

Edit: quick question I made an ironclad a long time ago and it has the dim video, I swapped the P rom with the so called patched rom and it doesnt work at all.
Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah but where's the fun in easy? :p Like I said in my post I wanted to use what I had on hand.
I had no issue making iron clad, I think I just used the Mame set. I can't understand why a cart would produce dim video :unsure

juci
13th August 2017, 10:25 AM
It has something to do with the wii romset, it only appears on the euro bios and has been patched on unibios 3.3.

I still would like to get to the bottom of it, I might try burning the complete romset again, I'll compare mine against the mame one and see.
I was only reburning the P rom as thats the rom that had been patched apparently.