PDA

View Full Version : Mamewah artwork help please

Strydr
19th December 2007, 08:58 PM
Hi Guys,

I am looking for some help to get Mamewah (letest version) to recognise artwork and show pictures of the selected game in the menu ?

Does anyone have the artwork required or know where I can get it ?

I have snaps, but they don't seem to be recognised by mamewah and are not showing ?

Is it a setting I am missing in the ini file ??

Amy
19th December 2007, 09:45 PM
did you put your snap directory path into your ini file under artwork_image_paths???

Strydr
19th December 2007, 10:47 PM
Hi amy,

Yes i have directed the path under artwork setting in the mame ini. see below

### Artwork Settings ###
artwork_image_paths c:\mingw\mame\artwork
movie_preview_path
movie_artwork_no 1
enable_fuzzy_search 0
history_dat_file
history_dat_artwork_no 1

Dan

RetroBorg
20th December 2007, 03:57 AM
Hi amy,

Yes i have directed the path under artwork setting in the mame ini. see below

### Artwork Settings ###
artwork_image_paths c:mingwmameartwork
movie_preview_path
movie_artwork_no 1
enable_fuzzy_search 0
history_dat_file
history_dat_artwork_no 1

Dan

It looks to me you are directing it to the wrong folder, artwork in the mame folder is used while playing mame games e.g. bezels and backgrounds etc.

It should read something more like this:

### Artwork Settings ###
artwork_image_paths c:\mingw\mame\snap;c:\mingw\mame\flyers
movie_preview_path c:\mingw\mame\mame intro vids
movie_artwork_no 1
enable_fuzzy_search 0
history_dat_file
history_dat_artwork_no 1

Good luck.

Phil

Strydr
20th December 2007, 09:01 PM
Hi Phil,

I tried your suggestion, but no luck.

Is there somthing else i have to do after modifiying the ini file ? (apart from saving it)

I have been regenerating the games list via mamewah.

I have also tried installing the paint.dll as the mamewah website faq suggests, also with no luck.

Any other ideas ??? :unsure

Dan

Zebidee
20th December 2007, 10:43 PM
Hi Dan,

Have you made a layout which includes "Artwork Image #1"? The default layout has this.

Are your snaps named identically to the game rom names? If not, "gamelist_slideshow" won't work. Try this instead to get these pics to show:

saver_type slideshow

Did you run the system.zip setup files?

Try setting up more than one artwork directory, as there is a bug in the latest mamewah that prevents movies from showing if only one artwork path is set. This shouldn't impact snaps, but who knows :dunno

Check your snaps directory (do you really store them under mingw?) and syntax again.

felixthadog
21st December 2007, 04:03 PM
I have setup MameWah to show snaps and marquees for the games in my gamelist, send me a PM if you still need help configuring your MameWah. However, I am not sure what "artwork" is.

Matthew

Strydr
21st January 2008, 09:07 PM
Hi,

For those interested I seem to have discovered the solution to the artwork problem.

By default MameWah will only recognise the mame snaps, as long as it is setup in c:\mame. If your mame is in any other directory it will not find the artwork.

As I had complied mame to a different dir, which also housed the snap files and mamewah couldn't find them to load them on startup.

Thanks for your suggestions, maybe this help someone else in the future.

felixthadog
21st January 2008, 09:15 PM
Hi,

For those interested I seem to have discovered the solution to the artwork problem.

By default MameWah will only recognise the mame snaps, as long as it is setup in c:mame. If your mame is in any other directory it will not find the artwork.

As I had complied mame to a different dir, which also housed the snap files and mamewah couldn't find them to load them on startup.

Thanks for your suggestions, maybe this help someone else in the future.

I don't think this is correct ..... as long as you have defined your snap directory correctly in the "artwork_image_paths" setting in the mame.ini file, it doesn't matter where you have the snap directory. Your MAME directory does not have to contain a snaps directory for your artwork to be displayed in MameWah.

Matthew

Strydr
21st January 2008, 09:34 PM
It seems as though I have confused myself and everyone else along the way. :lol

By default I have my snaps and marquees showing up in mamewah so all is good, for now.

The real test will come when I have to do it all again shortly for another cab !!

No doubt I shall return when I can't do something. :)