PDA

View Full Version : Get M.A.M.E. DVD's

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

humpalot
19th April 2006, 10:55 AM
I have a complete copy of M.A.M.E. 1.02 which takes up 11 DVD's in total, yeah I know it's a little outdated. It includes all ROM's, CHD's, snap, samples etc. There is also a CD which has various M.A.M.E. utilities and jukebox utilities.

I have forwarded the DVD's onto thesmit. Once he gets them he will post on this thread stating that he has them. If anyone else is interested in the DVD's, post your interest on this thread and the first person in line is to then PM the person holding the DVD's their postal details. The person holding the DVD's will then post off to the next person and so on, remember no money is to change hands.

Thought this might help a few people out.

alessiman
19th April 2006, 10:56 AM
I have a complete copy of M.A.M.E. 1.02 which takes up 11 DVD's in total, yeah I know it's a little outdated. It includes all ROM's, CHD's, snap, samples etc. There is also a CD which has various M.A.M.E. utilities and jukebox utilities.

I have forwarded these onto thesmit. Once he gets them he will post on this thread stating that he has them. If anyone else is interested in the DVD's, post your interest on this thread and the first person in line is to then PM the person holding the DVD's their postal details. The person holding the DVD's will then post off to the next person and so on, remember no money is to change hands.

Thought this might help a few people out.

hehe lucky I checked so quickly. I'm in!!

elvis
19th April 2006, 10:59 AM
I usually keep up to date with these things, and have 0.105 sitting ready to go.

I don't have the time to burn and post, but folks are welcome to come visit with some blank DVDs in hand.

If you're in/near Brisbane and want to come for a weekend burning session, PM me.

Savage
19th April 2006, 05:53 PM
SAme with me,
I have them up to date (not including the CHM 14.6 GB)
I can burn them, just need to cover for postage and DVD's, or just come on over!>

alessiman
12th May 2006, 11:54 AM
Hey all,

Who has humpalot's DVD set now?

I think I should be the next person on the list to receive them?

Or maybe not ;-)

Steven
12th May 2006, 04:46 PM
I'd be happy to burn and post, I only have 0.85 without any CHD.. and a lot of them are corrupted :S

humpalot
12th May 2006, 04:51 PM
Hey all,

Who has humpalot's DVD set now?

I think I should be the next person on the list to receive them?

Or maybe not ;-)
thesmit should have them, but I guess he is tied up with the bub.

alessiman
12th May 2006, 09:01 PM
thesmit should have them, but I guess he is tied up with the bub.

How can i compete with a bub :)

I'll drop thesmit a PM over the weekend

Smit
13th May 2006, 01:55 PM
alessiman,
Sorry about taking so long fellas.
Just PM your address and I'll post them out early next week if ya want....

Smit

ryskie
16th May 2006, 03:24 PM
Hi all I would be keen in getting a set as the set I have is old ....Let me know how I go about this as Im new to all this. Im in Brisbane by the way.
Thanks
Ryan

Savage
16th May 2006, 04:19 PM
Hi all I would be keen in getting a set as the set I have is old ....Let me know how I go about this as Im new to all this. Im in Brisbane by the way.
Thanks
Ryan

I've got the latest set (no CHD) I'm in Brissy (North Side) , if ya want come over with some blank DVD's and I can burn them for you!

Smit
16th May 2006, 05:22 PM
Well... I havent heard from alessiman yet, so whoever wants these DVDs next, just PM your addy and I will get them out to ya (then you can send it to alessiman)!!

Smit

PS: If ya still want them alessiman, just PM and i will whip a coppy out to ya still....

feeras
17th May 2006, 08:52 AM
Hi all,

I'd be happy to help anyone in Canberra, ACT (or anywhere else i guess) if they are after mame roms on dvd but preferably not CHD -- i have 29G of CHD but unsure how to verify them for up-to-date-ness. I've a nearly complete .106 set (just missing 3 roms).

Cheers,

Aractus
17th May 2006, 10:17 PM
Hi all,

I'd be happy to help anyone in Canberra, ACT (or anywhere else i guess) if they are after mame roms on dvd but preferably not CHD -- i have 29G of CHD but unsure how to verify them for up-to-date-ness. I've a nearly complete .106 set (just missing 3 roms).

Cheers,I think mine is 1.01.... or maybe older, is there any way to check, and if so how do go about finding out exactly what updates I need - and then how do I get those updates? I do have the chd's as well. I'm really not worried about it right now because by the time I'm ready to wack it in the empty/guttered cabinet that I've got sitting in the shed it might be up to 1.09 or something! I'd also love to help I have oodles of blank DVD's I would LOVE to get rid of anyway... but I really don't think I have the time (besides which 43.6GB is gunna take a lot of DVD-R's)... ahhh let me post a screenshot (first attachment).

And if you think MAME has a lot of clones have a look the crap inside my SNES folder (subsequent attachments) I actually own all the carts for 1 version of each of these games in the screenshots... + at least 40 other SNES games! I can't believe someone actually collated all these LOL!

Seriously if you think I have something you're after I'm more than happy to help out - if I have the time. Apparently I have 2477 of 2477 known Nintendo 64 (0.999.9a BETA) ROMS. I don't even know what that means (except that it's a LOT of ROMS). I'm hoping emulation will play them well because all my N64 controllers have seen better days (Damn Nintendo's cheap thumb sticks!) GB/GB Colour ROMS are the only other things I really want (and seriously is probably all I could fit onto the HDD now as I seem to have like every other ROM known to mankind crammed into it!).

Canberra based.

The Pinny Parlour
17th May 2006, 10:30 PM
I think mine is 1.01.... or maybe older, is there any way to check, and if so how do go about finding out exactly what updates I need - and then how do I get those updates? I do have the chd's as well. I'm really not worried about it right now because by the time I'm ready to wack it in the empty/guttered cabinet that I've got sitting in the shed it might be up to 1.09 or something! I'd also love to help I have oodles of blank DVD's I would LOVE to get rid of anyway... but I really don't think I have the time (besides which 43.6GB is gunna take a lot of DVD-R's)... ahhh let me post a screenshot (first attachment).

And if you think MAME has a lot of clones have a look the crap inside my SNES folder (subsequent attachments) I actually own all the carts for 1 version of each of these games in the screenshots... + at least 40 other SNES games! I can't believe someone actually collated all these LOL!

Seriously if you think I have something you're after I'm more than happy to help out - if I have the time. Apparently I have 2477 of 2477 known Nintendo 64 (0.999.9a BETA) ROMS. I don't even know what that means (except that it's a LOT of ROMS). I'm hoping emulation will play them well because all my N64 controllers have seen better days (Damn Nintendo's cheap thumb sticks!) GB/GB Colour ROMS are the only other things I really want (and seriously is probably all I could fit onto the HDD now as I seem to have like every other ROM known to mankind crammed into it!).

Canberra based.

Thats some rom collection you have there.

Welcome to the forums mate.

Enjoy!
Ian

feeras
18th May 2006, 08:44 AM
Meksilon,

I think there are two programs to verify your romsets: Romcenter and ClrMamePro. The dat files are located here:

http://www.logiqx.com/Dats/

This is updated everytime a new mame version comes out.

By the way, I have a link to the complete 105u1 romset. Mods, are we allowed to post it? I found it whilst looking for the last 3 roms so everything is complete to .106.

Cheers,

njclifford
18th May 2006, 03:13 PM
thesmit, I have sent you a PM with my address details.

Thanks

Nick

elvis
18th May 2006, 03:49 PM
Bah!

The hard disk with all my recent ROMs decided to pack it in today. Sod of a thing. I've got an old 0.80-something set lying around in a MAME cab that I'll torrentzip and updated via Pleasuredome over the weekend.

There goes my download quota for the month!

Aractus
18th May 2006, 05:40 PM
Meksilon,

I think there are two programs to verify your romsets: Romcenter and ClrMamePro.Beauty, I'll have a look into it.

MameDownUnder
18th May 2006, 05:40 PM
www.mamedvds.com

can you purchase them

Arcade King
18th May 2006, 06:16 PM
www.mamedvds.com

can you purchase them

Mate thats just wrong.

Smit
18th May 2006, 06:22 PM
Hi all,
I am sending these DVDs off tomorrow.

As far as I can tell, this should be the following order for reciving the DVDs:

Me (Smit), Alessiman, Ryskie then Njclifford.

If you want the DVDs, put a post up here stating you want them, then PM the last person on the list to see where the DVDs are at the moment and hopefully they will find their way to your door!!

Remember, no money or disks to change hands, the only requirement is that you send them onto the next person that requests them!!

cya
Smit

elvis
18th May 2006, 11:32 PM
Meksilon,

I think there are two programs to verify your romsets: Romcenter and ClrMamePro. The dat files are located here:

http://www.logiqx.com/Dats/

This is updated everytime a new mame version comes out.

By the way, I have a link to the complete 105u1 romset. Mods, are we allowed to post it? I found it whilst looking for the last 3 roms so everything is complete to .106.

Cheers,

ClrMAMEPro rocks. Tricky to figure out how to use it, but once you understand what it does and how it works, it's a godsend. I use it to build ZiNC, Kawaks and other emulator ROM sets from the MAME ROM set. Very cool.

EasyEmu have a ClrMAMEPro howto up on their page. It's a bit out of date with the ClrMAME releases (some things have moved around on certain windows), but the general gist of the article is still accurate, and worth a read:

http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu/clrmameguide.htm

t1ckt0ck
21st May 2006, 09:40 AM
This is a great idea! Count me next on the list!

njclifford
21st May 2006, 10:47 PM
Ryskie as mentioned by thesmit I will get them after you.

I have PM'ed you my address.

Thanks fellas!

Am making a CP and will post pics when done..

THANKS AGAIN!

Nick

ryskie
22nd May 2006, 10:09 AM
No Probs!

This is a great idea....:)

Savage
23rd May 2006, 01:15 PM
ClrMAMEPro rocks. Tricky to figure out how to use it, but once you understand what it does and how it works, it's a godsend. I use it to build ZiNC, Kawaks and other emulator ROM sets from the MAME ROM set. Very cool.

EasyEmu have a ClrMAMEPro howto up on their page. It's a bit out of date with the ClrMAME releases (some things have moved around on certain windows), but the general gist of the article is still accurate, and worth a read:

http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu/clrmameguide.htm

Also a good guide on using ClrMAMEPro is here (http://www.pleasuredome.org.uk/mameftpgroup/index.php?update#first) from Pleaseure Dome, which it what i used..

elvis
23rd May 2006, 03:32 PM
Also a good guide on using ClrMAMEPro is here (http://www.pleasuredome.org.uk/mameftpgroup/index.php?update#first) from Pleaseure Dome, which it what i used..
That guide uses the "Scanner" which is the slower method. I use the "rebuilder". It's a lot faster for just addng in a new set of ROMs, but obviously won't delete out of date ROMs, rename files, etc.

I usually just use the rebuilder most of the time, and then run a full scan (with deep fix enabled) once every six months as a safety check.

Davefjedi
23rd May 2006, 04:12 PM
can i get put on the end of the list for the dvd`s

njclifford
24th May 2006, 04:57 PM
Hey all,

When I get them, from me I will send them to davefjedi, and then on the list is sav1.

Davefjedi, please PM your address.

Thanks

Nick

sav1
24th May 2006, 09:05 PM
hey,
i'll jump on the list after you Davefjedi.
i'll pm you my address,
cheers,
sav

The Pinny Parlour
24th May 2006, 09:50 PM
hey,
i'll jump on the list after you Davefjedi.
i'll pm you my address,
cheers,
sav

G'day Sav,

Welcome to the forums mate. :)

Enjoy!
Ian

t1ckt0ck
24th May 2006, 10:05 PM
I will PM Sav1 my addy in a couple of days...

bwodie
25th May 2006, 10:20 AM
im keen to get a copy of these.
where are the discs at the current time :)

t1ckt0ck
25th May 2006, 01:35 PM
im keen to get a copy of these.
where are the discs at the current time :)
Well, I will get them after Sav1 so PM me your address. I will send them to u after I get them. ;)

njclifford
25th May 2006, 03:50 PM
I still don't have them yet.....

When I do I will message and let you all know.

Nick

Steven
25th May 2006, 05:11 PM
So what's the waiting line like at the moment? *stands at the end of the line*

Smit
25th May 2006, 09:07 PM
Hi
They will be posted to alessieman tomorrow.
Please accept my appoligies for the delays.

Smit

Davefjedi
25th May 2006, 09:13 PM
Hi
They will be posted to alessieman tomorrow.
Please accept my appoligies for the delays.

Smit
no probs dude its like waiting for a birthday or something
:p

Smit
26th May 2006, 05:59 PM
Hi all,
The DVDs have now been posted to alessieman (finally!!).
Sorry again for stuffing everybody around... I'm sure that anyone that has ever had a baby will understand though...
I do believe Ryskie is after alessieman, then njclifford, then ... I'm not sure.

But anyways,
Hope ya like them
Smit

ryskie
29th May 2006, 09:50 AM
I cant wait!!!!!

bwodie
29th May 2006, 12:51 PM
have pm'd ya dave :)

njclifford
29th May 2006, 01:12 PM
From me goes to:

1. davefjedi
2. sav1

then is out of my hands...

Thanks

Nick

t1ckt0ck
29th May 2006, 03:02 PM
1. njclifford
2. davefjedi
3. sav1
4. davevanau (myself)
5. bwodie

Here Ill update the list 4 u.

Steven
29th May 2006, 04:00 PM
Sent you a PM bwodie :)

t1ckt0ck
29th May 2006, 04:17 PM
*UPDATE*

1. njclifford
2. davefjedi
3. sav1
4. davevanau (myself)
5. bwodie
6. steven

Ill try to keep updating this list so its easier to read and find out who to PM.

sav1
5th June 2006, 06:24 PM
so who has them at the moment?

Davefjedi
5th June 2006, 06:30 PM
so who has them at the moment?

Nj still got them i havent recived them yet:cry

ryskie
6th June 2006, 11:59 AM
If Nj has them, what happened to me......:cry

njclifford
6th June 2006, 03:40 PM
I have not got them yet!!!

Where are they at the moment?

Thanks

Nick

Steven
6th June 2006, 05:32 PM
Hi all,
The DVDs have now been posted to alessieman (finally!!).
Sorry again for stuffing everybody around... I'm sure that anyone that has ever had a baby will understand though...
I do believe Ryskie is after alessieman, then njclifford, then ... I'm not sure.

But anyways,
Hope ya like them
Smit

Alessieman it seems

Smit
6th June 2006, 05:58 PM
Alessieman it should be!!!

I sent them over a week ago.... I am fairly sure it was over a week.. it was whenever i put my last message in this thread...

Smit

Wotto
6th June 2006, 10:16 PM
Hi Guys- Am gunna re-do my mame machine soon? I would like to "get on the list" to recieve these DVD's after whoever is currently last.

Cheers

Wotto
:D :badgrin :D

njclifford
19th June 2006, 12:17 PM
Any idea on where these discs are at the moment?

Thanks

N

Steven
19th June 2006, 02:52 PM
I'm assuming Alessieman still has them :(

Hmmm he hasn't posted in 4 weeks...

Smit
19th June 2006, 05:59 PM
I have sent them to Aleisseman, but have not heard if he has recieved them...

I've still got the copies on my PC at home.... I could probabally burn another set and start a new post out if you guys want....

Smit

Davefjedi
19th June 2006, 06:45 PM
may have to :(
:cry

Smit
19th June 2006, 07:15 PM
Is it Ryskie next?

Smit

Steven
19th June 2006, 07:19 PM
*UPDATE*

1. njclifford
2. davefjedi
3. sav1
4. davevanau (myself)
5. bwodie
6. steven

Ill try to keep updating this list so its easier to read and find out who to PM.

That seems to be the latest list?

Smit
19th June 2006, 09:01 PM
OK
I'll get burning in the next few days.
Whoever is next, just PM me your address and I'll post em on thurs.

Smit

bwodie
22nd June 2006, 02:05 PM
i hate alessieman now

njclifford
22nd June 2006, 03:23 PM
I have PM'd my addy to thesmit.

All it takes is one bad link in the chain to ruin the whole thing.... I will get them on to the next user within 2 working days of receiving them.

That is a promise!!

Let's hope I get them on Friday or I will be busy!!

N

ryskie
22nd June 2006, 04:12 PM
I should be next, then I will be sending them out straight away to njclifford :cool:

Steven
22nd June 2006, 04:18 PM
w00t.. it's starting to steamroll ahead again! :cool:
My patience was starting to wear thin :x.. Damn you Alessieman!!!

If anyone is put off adding themselves to the list... I will guarantee repost within one working day.

bwodie
22nd June 2006, 04:28 PM
im going to get them
and then NEVER SHOW UP AGAIN

The Pinny Parlour
22nd June 2006, 05:24 PM
If you want the current mame romsets (4 dvds mame 0.106) LMK

I will burn them off and send them to you. ( I don't have CHD's, just romsets only)

I will even throw in all the extra, marquees, cpanels, titles, snaps etc.

I hope I don't get snowed now. I only really want to do about 3-5 sets only.

humpalot
22nd June 2006, 06:08 PM
If you want the current mame romsets (4 dvds mame 0.106) LMK

I will burn them off and send them to you. ( I don't have CHD's, just romsets only)

I will even throw in all the extra, marquees, cpanels, titles, snaps etc.

I hope I don't get snowed now. I only really want to do about 3-5 sets only.

Maybe the new romset could be married up to the original set, I don't think that the CHD's have changed anyway. If everyone just copies the DVD files onto their computer and send's off the DVD's straight away everything should go along smoothly. If you want to have your own DVD set then make it up from the files that you copied onto your computer. This will save time as the CHD's seem to cause some trouble when copied DVD to DVD.

Smit
22nd June 2006, 06:46 PM
Hi all,
Good news. The new set of DVDs are burnt and will be sent to Ryskie tomorrow (as I am sure he was next, but please correct me if wrong).
There is 11 DVDs with MAME, Roms & CHDs. There is also a CD with a few extrs on it.
The CD contains things like utilities, SShot & Flyer pack, Cab plans, Documentation, Frontend Software, etc. Anything that you think will be helpful to the community can be added to this last disk and then passed on... kinda like a resource CD that grows as it is passed along..
I have also added a little surprise too.. nothing special, jut a game that hopefully ryskie might like... I also encourage other peole to do the same when they send on the DVDs... kinda like a software lucky dip if you will..

And on one final note... we shouldn't bag out Alessieman, cause ya never know what may have happened or whats goin on in his life.... god forbid if he had more important things to contend with then arcade games ;) .

Anyways, if I can be of anymore help, please let me know.

Regards
Smit

Steven
22nd June 2006, 07:51 PM
And on one final note... we shouldn't bag out Alessieman, cause ya never know what may have happened or whats goin on in his life.... god forbid if he had more important things to contend with then arcade games ;) .

Check his profile...
He last logged on 2 days ago.. but hasn't posted in 4 weeks...
It takes 20 secs to reply to this thread.
"Sorry guys I've had shit to deal with and haven't been able to post the DVDs" is all he needed to say!

Arcade King
22nd June 2006, 08:05 PM
If your that desperate bring your hard drive over my place I can transfer the roms for you.

miikeboyle
22nd June 2006, 09:27 PM
does anyone want to burn me a copy of the discs and send them to me and ill direct depost the money for the discs?

Mike

The Pinny Parlour
22nd June 2006, 09:44 PM
Maybe the new romset could be married up to the original set, I don't think that the CHD's have changed anyway. If everyone just copies the DVD files onto their computer and send's off the DVD's straight away everything should go along smoothly. If you want to have your own DVD set then make it up from the files that you copied onto your computer. This will save time as the CHD's seem to cause some trouble when copied DVD to DVD.

I dont do CHD's period. ****ing great waste of space, time and .....

Smit
23rd June 2006, 11:35 PM
Hi all,
The 2nd set of DVDs have been sent to Ryskie today.

Hope we have a bit better run this time hey..

Njclifford is next, then I'm not sure who' next.

does anyone want to burn me a copy of the discs and send them to me and ill direct depost the money for the discs?

Mike

Just jump on the list my friend...

cya
Smit

Davefjedi
24th June 2006, 12:46 PM
im after nj:p

sav1
24th June 2006, 11:46 PM
im after nj:p
Then me :lol

Smit
25th June 2006, 12:29 PM
This appears to be the order so far:

The DVDs are in the post to Rykie, from there:
1. njclifford
2. davefjedi
3. sav1
4. davevanau
5. bwodie
6. steven
7. wotto
8. miikeboyle

If I am wrong, please correct.

Smit

ryskie
26th June 2006, 04:22 PM
Thanks Smit for the discs, Came safely today, Gonna go home and get em copied so I will be sending to Njclifford within a few days.......wooooo bring on the crazy gaming!!!!

ryskie
3rd July 2006, 07:36 PM
hey there everyone, just a note to let njclifford know I will be sending the discs on wednesday, Sorry for the delay but I have been so flat out....You should get them on Thursday... Cheers

njclifford
4th July 2006, 02:48 PM
SWEEEET... looks like I have to go get a heap of blanks tomorrow!!!!

THANKS!

nick

njclifford
7th July 2006, 10:02 AM
CHRISTMAS HAS COME EARLY!!!!!!!!

Whoever is next, please PM me your address.

I got the discs today, hope to post them out on Monday.

THANKS!!!!

Nick

Foot
7th July 2006, 11:29 AM
This appears to be the order so far:

The DVDs are in the post to Rykie, from there:
1. njclifford
2. davefjedi
3. sav1
4. davevanau
5. bwodie
6. steven
7. wotto
8. miikeboyle

I'll add my name to the list to get the disks after Miikeboyle

Thanks, Foot

Smit
7th July 2006, 03:59 PM
Here is the updated list:

njclifford currently has the DVDs, from there:
1. davefjedi
2. sav1
3. davevanau
4. bwodie
5. steven
6. wotto
7. miikeboyle
8. Foot

Just post in this thread if you want to be added.

Smit

njclifford
9th July 2006, 10:59 AM
Well all, have done them and will get them in the mail on Monday.

Only got them Friday and know how keen we are all to get them, so was quick!!!

ENJOY!

I certainly am.... but my wife is not... DOH

fade
10th July 2006, 10:31 AM
Can I be after foot?

Smit
10th July 2006, 11:10 AM
Here is the updated list:

njclifford is sendin out the DVDs, then the order is:
1. davefjedi
2. sav1
3. davevanau
4. bwodie
5. steven
6. wotto
7. miikeboyle
8. Foot
9. fade

Smit

njclifford
10th July 2006, 04:50 PM
All, have just posted them off to Dave.

ENJOY!

nick

Davefjedi
10th July 2006, 07:50 PM
All, have just posted them off to Dave.

ENJOY!

nick
you little ripper:evil

Crafty
14th July 2006, 10:30 AM
New to this forum but definately in with this concept. I'm located in Adelaide..

Can't wait for this :lol :lol :lol

Davefjedi
14th July 2006, 06:19 PM
disks recived
dam 4x burner go faster dam u
oh and i noticed there is a little extra in there i will keep the trend going share the love i say:evil

Smit
14th July 2006, 07:20 PM
UPDATED LIST:

davefjedi currently has the DVDs, then the order is:
sav1
davevanau
bwodie
steven
wotto
miikeboyle
Foot
fade
crafty

Smit

PS: Dave, what was the little surprise by the way? Is it a game called "Oblivion"?

Davefjedi
14th July 2006, 07:40 PM
UPDATED LIST:

sav1
davevanau
bwodie
steven
wotto
miikeboyle
Foot
fade
crafty

Smit

PS: Dave, what was the little surprise by the way? Is it a game called "Oblivion"?
yep

xygt
14th July 2006, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Smit
UPDATED LIST:

sav1
davevanau
bwodie
steven
wotto
miikeboyle
Foot
fade
crafty
xygt (please)

Smit

Davefjedi
15th July 2006, 11:48 AM
can anyome find the dos port for mame 1.02 i can only find the mame32 version

sav1
17th July 2006, 08:21 PM
I'm up next to get the romset, I will also be receiving the latest romset this week, anyone have any objections to me replacing the 1.02 romset with the latest mame romset and sending them on?

The Pinny Parlour
17th July 2006, 09:18 PM
With MAME 0.106u12 just out, it won't be long for 0.107. BTW MAJOR video mode changes have been made in the u12 release.

Go here to read about it: http://aarongiles.com/?p=170#more-170

Steven
17th July 2006, 10:04 PM
I'm up next to get the romset, I will also be receiving the latest romset this week, anyone have any objections to me replacing the 1.02 romset with the latest mame romset and sending them on?

That's fine with me :D

Davefjedi
18th July 2006, 07:49 AM
sav if you getting the latetest do you want me to post these to you or just the goodies that seem to be pileing up with it have added a 3cd set of sega genisis stuff a but load of nes and C64 stuff

Smit
18th July 2006, 12:00 PM
sav if you getting the latetest do you want me to post these to you or just the goodies that seem to be pileing up with it have added a 3cd set of sega genisis stuff a but load of nes and C64 stuff

Hey guys,
I wouldn't mind a copy of the latest set... and those new goodies sound good too!!

I will pay for postage & DVDs, if anyone can send them to me?

Much appreciated

Smit

sav1
18th July 2006, 04:13 PM

yeah just post the goodies and i'll add them to the latest romset and send them on

smit pm me your details and ican post out a set to you if you like

madturbo123
19th July 2006, 09:41 PM
sav1
davevanau
bwodie
steven
wotto
miikeboyle
Foot
fade
crafty
xygt
madturbo123 :P
the 106 romset would be nice... im still on 0.85... cheers guys

RXII
22nd July 2006, 10:09 PM
Could I please be added to the list, I am about to start building a cab and want everything ready! :D

Cheers, Simon.

Davefjedi
23rd July 2006, 10:07 AM
Could I please be added to the list, I am about to start building a cab and want everything ready! :D

Cheers, Simon.
pm me your addy and i will send them directly to you i will only do the roms wont bother about the chd`s
ant i posted the others yesterday via express post to keep the list rolling sav should get on moinday

RXII
23rd July 2006, 02:31 PM
Thanks PM sent!

sav1
24th July 2006, 04:41 PM
Just received the "extras" dvd's from davefjedi today.
Will add them to my 106u11 romset and send them on.
I'll also add the 6 daphne dvd's
i'll try to get them all burnt tonight(its now over 20 dvd's) and send them on to Davevanau.
cheers,
Sav

madturbo123
24th July 2006, 07:10 PM
very nice sav1... addme to list please :P

sav1
26th July 2006, 12:23 PM
Alright dvd's are all done will post out to Davevanau this afternoon.
Includes the following :
MAME 106u11 (fits on 12 DVD's not 13)
Daphne Laser Roms (6 DVD's)
Extras (2 DVD + 1 CD)
cheers,
sav

t1ckt0ck
28th July 2006, 12:50 PM
Got em today!
Cheers! Ill post them out early next week. I will throw in some more "extras" into the mix too.

bwodie
28th July 2006, 01:05 PM
woohoo
the time is near :)

The Pinny Parlour
28th July 2006, 02:49 PM
You guys are better off throwing in for a 200gig HDD with external, USB interface, and passing that through the mail. After everyone has thrown in an addition, the DVD's must be what, (?) 20 by now?

sav1
28th July 2006, 04:20 PM
it was 21 when i sent them off :D

You guys are better off throwing in for a 200gig HDD with external, USB interface, and passing that through the mail. After everyone has thrown in an addition, the DVD's must be what, (?) 20 by now?

t1ckt0ck
28th July 2006, 07:38 PM
woohoo
the time is near :)
*I skip country with DVDs* :evil :evil :evil :D

I will include an extra 3 DVDs:
1 will have My Name is Earl Season 1
The other will have Chappelles Show Season 1 & Simpsons Season 1
Last will be a games dvd.

t1ckt0ck
3rd August 2006, 10:30 AM
Sorry, I havent posted them yet. I will on Tuesday though.
I dont like leaving stuff with OZ Post over the weekend.

Berty
3rd August 2006, 10:35 AM
I want in on this now, i have got a ton of stuff that i can add to the collection!

t1ckt0ck
3rd August 2006, 10:41 AM
[LIST UPDATED]

sav1
davevanau
bwodie
steven
wotto
miikeboyle
Foot
fade
crafty
xygt
madturbo123
RXII
Berty

In Bold is who currently has them.

Crafty
3rd August 2006, 11:25 AM
By the time we all keep adding to the collective....
Those who went first will need to go again and again and again...:lol

Virgil Tracy
3rd August 2006, 11:51 AM
Perhaps we can start a second set

Smit
3rd August 2006, 01:06 PM
By the time we all keep adding to the collective....
Those who went first will need to go again and again and again...:lol

Exactlly... I'm keen to get in on some more of these "goodies" (I was one of the first to send out the CDs)...
I might just jump on the end of the list again!!

Smit

PS: Updated List
davevanau
bwodie
steven
wotto
miikeboyle
Foot
fade
crafty
xygt
madturbo123
RXII
Berty
Smit

Davefjedi
3rd August 2006, 03:25 PM
Exactlly... I'm keen to get in on some more of these "goodies" (I was one of the first to send out the CDs)...
I might just jump on the end of the list again!!

Smit

PS: Updated List
davevanau
bwodie
steven
wotto
miikeboyle
Foot
fade
crafty
xygt
madturbo123
RXII
Berty
Smit
the Wheel of LOVE Baby:007: :045: :056: :055: :060: :057: :033: :054: :023: :008: :049:

The Pinny Parlour
3rd August 2006, 04:21 PM
200gig HDD in an USB enclosure is what is needed now.

Crafty
3rd August 2006, 05:17 PM
That is a super idea except for the fact that my own HD is only 40 GB so I would have to burn them on to DVD anyway...

Davefjedi
3rd August 2006, 07:19 PM
200gig HDD in an USB enclosure is what is needed now.
ill ping in $20

sav1
4th August 2006, 07:46 AM
I run a computer retail business on the side and am happy to suppply a 200gb hd with external usb enclosure for cost, $130.
Lets face it, $20 plus is what you are going to spend on DVD's each time you burn the set.
I'll even throw in $20 myself.
thats $40 including myself and davefjedi only need another 90

xygt
4th August 2006, 08:20 AM
I'll pitch in some cabbage too.

catty
4th August 2006, 11:05 AM
I'll chuck in $20 to help the cause.

Berty
4th August 2006, 11:18 AM
Ill chuck in $20

Shock_And_Awe
7th August 2006, 05:52 PM
I'll throw $20 to update from my mame .96 if Raiden Fighters is on the new roms - it's the only game from .96 roms that I want that doesn't work.

Davefjedi
7th August 2006, 06:57 PM
another 20 and ita a go.
All cash to whoever supplys the hdd(sav1?)
pm the bank details to whoever is intrested
any rules to be made up b4 this goes ahead????

Foot
7th August 2006, 09:16 PM
another 20 and ita a go.

What the heck, count me in too

Foot

The Pinny Parlour
7th August 2006, 09:16 PM
another 20 and ita a go.

Yes, I think with something like this there should be. Whoever is next to receive the HDD, needs to supply a phone number to the person currently holding the HDD. The current holder of the HDD needs to confirm the next recipients phone number by a personal call. (Addy will be supplied then too).

I know honesty is good and all but lets just say not all, are good decent people. (I'm not accusing anyone here). Would you like the HDD to go out once or twice never to be seen again?

fade
7th August 2006, 11:01 PM
you have the address
BOOM HEADSHOT

sav1
8th August 2006, 08:48 AM
Yes, I think with something like this there should be. Whoever is next to receive the HDD, needs to supply a phone number to the person currently holding the HDD. The current holder of the HDD needs to confirm the next recipients phone number by a personal call. (Addy will be supplied then too).

I know honesty is good and all but lets just say not all, are good decent people. (I'm not accusing anyone here). Would you like the HDD to go out once or twice never to be seen again?

Yeah the phone call is a good idea

Steven
15th August 2006, 01:36 AM
Are the DVDs still moving along?

RXII
15th August 2006, 09:59 PM
Hi,
Thanks to davefjedi I received 3 dvd's with the 102 romset but without the chd's. I want to know who in the line wanted just these and who was going to wait for the whole 20+ DVD's to turn up??? :)

Cheers,
Simon.

sav1
15th August 2006, 11:24 PM
let me know if you guys still want to go ahead with the usb hd thing

Davefjedi
16th August 2006, 08:44 AM
let me know if you guys still want to go ahead with the usb hd thing
im still keen i can wait for it to come round to my turn as i have mame

bwodie
16th August 2006, 08:55 AM
they got to me yesterday! :)
will get them back out before the end of the week

Crafty
16th August 2006, 09:12 AM
I can feel them getting closer...

Better stock up on some blank media.. (Gonna Need It)

LOTR4U
16th August 2006, 09:14 AM
Stuff it, im buying the whole set. Can't be stuffed mucking around. :D

How much does the full set cost? If anyone wants a copy then so be it.

Davefjedi
16th August 2006, 09:44 AM
Stuff it, im buying the whole set. Can't be stuffed mucking around. :D

How much does the full set cost? If anyone wants a copy then so be it.
about 25 bucks US i think
Patience Grasshopper

LOTR4U
16th August 2006, 10:24 AM
about 25 bucks US i think
Patience Grasshopper

arararara dam it, I got the patience/attention span of a gold fish! :lol

Steven
16th August 2006, 11:08 PM
they got to me yesterday! :)
will get them back out before the end of the week

Hooray I'm next!!!! :D:D

4 months in the making :P

listerofsmeg
20th August 2006, 05:30 PM
I would like to get the ROMS set. Add me to the List!

listerofsmeg
20th August 2006, 08:07 PM
davevanau
bwodie
steven
wotto
miikeboyle
Foot
fade
crafty
xygt
madturbo123
RXII
Berty
Smit
listerofsmeg

Guy who has it now in red!

bwodie
20th August 2006, 08:19 PM
naw i got it
should be goin out tomorrow :)

listerofsmeg
21st August 2006, 03:49 PM
davevanau
+bwodie+
steven
wotto
miikeboyle
Foot
fade
crafty
xygt
madturbo123
RXII
Berty
Smit
listerofsmeg

Updated

bwodie
22nd August 2006, 05:57 PM
i have sent the discs out to steven today
thanks very much to smit for the mame mate :)

Smit
22nd August 2006, 10:36 PM
No probs, bwodie, glad I can help...

Smit

garuda
22nd August 2006, 10:51 PM
Can you add me to the list too please.:)

Smit
23rd August 2006, 06:37 PM
Can you add me to the list too please.:)

No Prob

UPDATED LIST
bwodie (currently has the set, afik)
steven
wotto
miikeboyle
Foot
fade
crafty
xygt
madturbo123
RXII
Berty
Smit
listerofsmeg
garuda

Done!!
Smit

kramer
23rd August 2006, 06:55 PM
me next :)

UPDATED UPDATED LIST
bwodie (currently has the set, afik)
steven
wotto
miikeboyle
Foot
fade
crafty
xygt
madturbo123
RXII
Berty
Smit
listerofsmeg
garuda
kramer

Steven
26th August 2006, 07:59 PM
I received the DVDs on Friday :D
But I won't get around to posting them untill Tuesday... 3 uni exams Monday :rolleyes
Wotto check your PM :)

elvis
26th August 2006, 08:41 PM
A reminder to all that I will be bringing a copy of the 0.108 MAME set + extras (but no CHDs) to the Brisbane meet on the 9th.

People who want a copy, bring your removable hard disks or laptops along, and grab a set.

kramer
26th August 2006, 11:39 PM
how big are we talking elvis..
i've got a 10gig ext drive,
and a failing 80gig

listerofsmeg
28th August 2006, 08:16 PM
UPDATED UPDATED UPDATED LIST
bwodie
steven (currently has the set)
wotto
miikeboyle
Foot
fade
crafty
xygt
madturbo123
RXII
Berty
Smit
listerofsmeg
garuda
kramer

elvis
28th August 2006, 08:58 PM
how big are we talking elvis..
i've got a 10gig ext drive,
and a failing 80gig

The current 0.108 set is 15GB.

Steven
11th September 2006, 03:20 AM
Hey Mike did you get the DVDs ok?
I sent them 31/08 but haven't heard back from the PM I sent.

miikeboyle
11th September 2006, 08:35 AM
sorry mate, yeah i got them fine, i ve contacted next in line and will be posting them out this afternoon/tomorrow

Thanks
Mike

Foot
11th September 2006, 10:20 AM
And that would be me! I got the latest version of MAME at Brisbane swappy meet thingy, so I'll just grab a few of the other things and shoot em off to Fade.

Foot

Crafty
11th September 2006, 10:31 AM
Shit there getting closer to me..

Yippee:lol :lol

Foot
15th September 2006, 11:12 AM
I got the disks yesterday, should be able to get what I need this weekend and be right to send off on Monday.

Fade, if your out there I need you to PM me your address

Foot

listerofsmeg
19th September 2006, 11:27 AM
UPDATED UPDATED UPDATED UPDATED LIST
Foot <Has DVD Set>
fade
crafty
xygt
madturbo123
RXII
Berty
Smit
listerofsmeg
garuda
kramer

Foot
19th September 2006, 09:20 PM
HELLLLOOOOO Fade,

Bump..

I Have DVD's for you, where are you?

PM me man, I don't think Crafty can wait much longer....

Foot

Crafty
19th September 2006, 11:55 PM
I'm happy to queue jump if required !!!! :lol :lol

Steven
20th September 2006, 12:05 AM
Fade will probably respond quicker to a PM? :unsure

Foot
20th September 2006, 08:14 AM
Fade will probably respond quicker to a PM? :unsure

PM sent 5 days ago, the dude might be a holidays

listerofsmeg
21st September 2006, 09:04 AM
UPDATED UPDATED UPDATED UPDATED LIST
Foot
fade (Not at fourms Anymore)
crafty
xygt
madturbo123
RXII
Berty
Smit
listerofsmeg
garuda
kramer

RED- Can not be found.
Green- Has the Set
Yellow- Get then next!

Crafty
27th September 2006, 01:15 PM
Foot (Mailed to Crafty)
crafty (Camping Next to the Letter Box)
xygt
madturbo123
RXII
Berty
Smit
listerofsmeg
garuda
kramer

They are on there way to me..
Thanks Derek
Fade seems to have faded from the forum (sorry bad pun I know)
Will PM XYGT when I am ready to send them on again..
In the words of Big Kev (RIP) I'm Excited

bwodie
27th September 2006, 01:34 PM
didntknow he died last year

sneek
27th September 2006, 01:42 PM
Poor BigKev :(

Id like to get added to the list :D

elvis
27th September 2006, 01:49 PM
Heads up: As usual, I will be bringing copies of the latest MAME DVDs to the next Brisbane meet (at Garuda's place - see the "Brissy meet 2" thread).

4x DVDs for the latest MAME ROMs plus samples and snapshots
1x DVD for MAME 0.36 ROMs, samples and snaps (needed if you run MAME on PSP, GP32X, Compaq/HP iPaq, Palm, etc, etc or even if you run 0.36 under DOS on older hardware).

Davefjedi
27th September 2006, 01:55 PM
just intrested in the goodies list so far??
whats on there now

Foot
27th September 2006, 02:34 PM
I had dream that the disk spindle was full, I had my eyes closed and never looked so it was by feel:sleep

And in my dream, written in braille on the disks was

MAME 1.06
MAME extras
Daphne
MAME 0.36
Visual Pinball, VPLauncher, VPMAME, (some tables)
NES emulator + Games
Sega Emulator + Games
How to build a MAME machine
Several PC games
Selected TV series

Could have been 22 disks in my dream, don't know, I woke up today and they were gone?:badgrin

Foot

listerofsmeg
29th September 2006, 07:27 PM
Foot (Mailed to Crafty)
crafty (Camping Next to the Letter Box)
xygt
madturbo123
RXII
Berty
Smit
listerofsmeg (GOING CRAZY)
garuda
kramer
sneek

TheSilencer
30th September 2006, 07:38 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to these forums, I currently have my first mame cab under construction, just wondering if it's not to much trouble and the dvd's are still doing the rounds could i be added to the bottom of the list.

Thanks.

Steven
30th September 2006, 09:13 PM
Be prepared to wait a while :lol

The Pinny Parlour
1st October 2006, 02:36 AM
Hi all,

I'm new to these forums, I currently have my first mame cab under construction, just wondering if it's not to much trouble and the dvd's are still doing the rounds could i be added to the bottom of the list.

Thanks.

Hi TheSilencer,

Welcome to Aussie Arcade mate. :)

Glad to see your got an arcade bug biting you. ;)

Throw in your 2 cents worth around when you can as it help contribute.

Enjoy!
Ian

P.S. The list is getting longer all the time for the DVD's. Members do hold meets in some states and usually people bring the current set.

@lien_Zed
1st October 2006, 07:01 AM
Be prepared to wait a while :lol

you can d/l a copy of shareza and get the files you need as well
http://www.shareaza.com/

make sure you tweak shareaza as well
http://wiki.shareaza.com/static/OptimizeDownload

and if you have sp2 tweak your tcp connections
http://www.lvllord.de/

and if you have a crap router like my pox ridden netcomm nb1300+4 then expect the net to stop working if you have 3 d/l going at once and try and do a search.
get a "billion" router. they rock!

just my $.02 worth anyhow

TheSilencer
1st October 2006, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome and tips, Waiting should'nt be too painful, well not as painful as trying to put together a rom set with a dial up connection.

@lien_Zed
1st October 2006, 09:16 PM
i managed to piece together in 9 months via dail up connection the *COMPLETE* Queen mp3 music including bootlegs from concerts and all recordings released...

paitence grasshopper and you can make wonderfull achievements....

back to your regular programming...

um...

thread:D

Davefjedi
2nd October 2006, 07:48 AM
i managed to piece together in 9 months via dail up connection the *COMPLETE* Queen mp3 music including bootlegs from concerts and all recordings released...

paitence grasshopper and you can make wonderfull achievements....

back to your regular programming...

um...

thread:D
LOL I KNEW A GUY THAT WAS DIAL UP HE DOWNLOADED THE FIRST 4 SEASONS OF THE SIMPSONS WE GAVE HIM THE NIK DIALUP DAVE:D
WHAT A MONSTER EFFORT
OPPS CAPPS

Crafty
6th October 2006, 08:59 AM
Ok they arrived yesterday and I am madly burning them so that they can continue on their merry way...
I only have till Monday or else I'm off to Qld for a holiday and there will be a delay..

XYGT PM me your address and I will, come hell or high water send them in Mondays Mail..

I will as others have add a further disc with a couple of extra Computer Games
(HP Prisoner of Azkaban, HP Chamber of Secrets etc etc)

Crafty:lol

Crafty
8th October 2006, 11:00 AM
And in my dream, written in braille on the disks was

MAME 1.06
MAME extras
Daphne
MAME 0.36
Visual Pinball, VPLauncher, VPMAME, (some tables)
NES emulator + Games
Sega Emulator + Games
How to build a MAME machine
Several PC games
Selected TV series

Could have been 22 disks in my dream, Foot

Ok after a serious burning session, I am done...There is now a couple of extras included (See Photo)

Just for reference one of the discs with VPinball and the NES/Sega Emulators + Games did not copy. I have sent it on but would suggest if XYGT has the same problems that we bin it.

Whoever included it - I would like a copy if possible and perhaps we can get a copy to re-add to the collection.

Crafty

xygt
8th October 2006, 06:58 PM
aaah, there is a God.
Thanks Crafty. I'm going to include a copy of my Starcade DVD when I send if off to mt123, so that people can see why I crap on so much about this show.

Cheers,
Xygt

xygt
12th October 2006, 05:09 PM
Ok, I've sent a message to MadTurbo123, but he hasn't replied with his address yet. I've nearly finished if someone knows if he is around somewhere....

Thanks,
Xygt

Berty
12th October 2006, 05:12 PM
I seem to remember him saying that he was going to start working in the NT, but that was a while ago.

listerofsmeg
12th October 2006, 05:34 PM
crafty (Got the disks, stoped Camping Next to the Letter Box & going to send them off soon!)
xygt(Getting them NEXT!)
madturbo123
RXII
Berty
Smit
listerofsmeg ( Waiting........)
garuda
kramer
sneek

xygt
13th October 2006, 07:57 AM
I will be finished with and looking to send the DVD's today, and need the next address to send them to if someone can mail me please, thanks.

Cheers,
Xygt

RXII
13th October 2006, 10:22 AM
XYGT,
I have sent you a PM just in case MT123 doesn't get back to you.

Cheers, Simon.

TheSilencer
13th October 2006, 11:17 AM
Don't forget about me at the bottom of the list.

timothy2222
13th October 2006, 11:18 AM
Q

listerofsmeg
14th October 2006, 08:19 AM
Xyg(Got them)
madturbo123t(Getting them NEXT!)
RXII
Berty
Smit
garuda
kramer
sneek
TheSilencer

Two Dads
15th October 2006, 05:40 PM
Add me to the list to please dudes...:cool:

Arcade King
16th October 2006, 06:01 AM
If anybody is in the Brissy area and wants the current set bring your hard drive over and ill fix you up.

xygt
19th October 2006, 05:04 PM
Ok, all done at my end.
I had two DVD's error - the 'Tasty Treats' and the Visual Pinball. I had them rebuffed at the video shop, and Tasty Treats now works but the Visual Pinball DVD is still stuffed.
I've added a Starcade DVD to the pile.

Package is now in the post to RXII, as MT123 still hasn't got back to me.

Thanks to all, and enjoy.
Xygt

madturbo123t(Getting them NEXT!)
RXII (now in the post, next to receive them)
Berty
Smit
garuda
kramer
sneek
TheSilencer

RXII
20th October 2006, 01:27 AM
WooHoo! :D

This should keep me busy for a while! Thanks xygt for your efforts in getting the discs working again and sending them on.

Cheers,

Simon.

stu
20th October 2006, 02:07 AM
If anyone in Melbourne wants the MAME set, i have 109 here with CHD that i can help out with, if you wanted to bring a HDD over or something, i'd be happy to copy for ya. Got SATA and IDE connection in the pc.

RXII
23rd October 2006, 10:43 AM
Ok, I now have the discs and I am frantically burning them as I type. I now need the next person's address who I think is Berty, so please PM me!

Thanks again XYGT, the Starcade DVD looks interesting.......Never heard of it before.

Cheers,

Simon.

Smit
24th October 2006, 02:27 PM
Add me to the list to please dudes...:cool:

Your in Townsville, right?
If so, when I get the DVDs, I'll give ya a message and ya can come grab a copy if ya want..
I think I'm next in line (after Berty)..

Smit..

PS: This really good by the way. I was one of the 1st people on the list (before any of the goodies were thrown in) and now it's worked it's way back around to me again!!
Gotta love this site... and the people on it.:D

Davefjedi
24th October 2006, 03:22 PM
Hey smit
reakon you could do me up some of the goodies i started it so missed out also

RXII
25th October 2006, 11:48 AM
I have now finished with the discs and have sent them off to Berty this morning. Thanks to all those who started this....its a great idea.

I have trouble with the "Tasty Treats" discs well as the Pinball disc, couldn't copy them at all. I tried it in a few different readers..no good. Maybe if Berty has no luck they should be removed from the pile?

Davefjedi,
Let me know what extras you wanted & I will get them to you seeing as you helped me out last time. Let me know.

Cheers,

Simon.

Berty
25th October 2006, 12:34 PM
Alrighty then, can the next person please pm me their postal details.

listerofsmeg
27th October 2006, 05:21 PM
Berty(has them
Smit ( Getting them next
listerofsmeg ( Nearley There!!!)
garuda
kramer
sneek
TheSilencer

GZ20TT
30th October 2006, 11:06 AM
Merchant,
I'm certainly interested in a set.
Where abouts in Melbourne are you and what days/evenings are good?
I work in Moorabbin and live in FTGully.

Frankie

silverbak
30th October 2006, 12:20 PM
Can I be put on the list please

listerofsmeg
30th October 2006, 03:19 PM
~silverbak:Sure Mate

Berty(has them
Smit ( Getting them next
listerofsmeg ( Nearley There!!!)
garuda
kramer
sneek
TheSilencer
silverbak

ANDNIC
30th October 2006, 04:51 PM
Can i please be put on the list,

I am in Melbourne East.

Thanks.

Berty
30th October 2006, 07:48 PM
Got them today. Will be adding ALOT to the pile.

Smit
1st November 2006, 11:58 AM
Got them today. Will be adding ALOT to the pile.

Sounds good... can't wait..

Smit

Crafty
1st November 2006, 12:19 PM
Just a question, did we get the couple of dodgy discs working?

The V pinball one was one of them..And XYGT found another...

Berty and future forum members who are adding to the pile..

Might I suggest that we let others know what is being added so that others who have got the pile in the past may want it again depending on what has been added...

Smit
1st November 2006, 01:49 PM
I got copies of the original dvds that were sent out, on my PC. I don't recall any probs with the VPinball DVD... only some of the mame DVDs..
When I get the DVDs (should be next on the list :) ), I'll compare to the originals and fix any probs that I can (ie: copy the original DVD again).

Let ya know how I go..

Smit

Two Dads
1st November 2006, 03:41 PM
Hey Smit dude, Nah mate have moved, now up in the NT so will need to go on list to get a copy, but thanks anyway mate.. Would of made things easy.

Black Tiger
1st November 2006, 10:43 PM
Please add me to the bottom of the list - my MAME system is nearing completion quicker than I originally predicted. thanks :)

Berty
2nd November 2006, 06:49 PM
I should have the set posted out on Monday. I will need all weekend to get all the new stuff on.

sasuke_kun12
2nd November 2006, 08:34 PM
anyone live near deer park?

stu
3rd November 2006, 03:58 PM
Hey guys, i was just thinking about this whole MAME DVD set thing, since we are mostly/all aussies...and most of us probably have some sort of broadband. Why don't we utilise the PIPE and WAIX peeering networks to maybe share some things between each other. Be it via torrent or via FTP...because they don't go against your quota. It's just a thought. I know you can get torrents for just about everything under the sun these days but if it was all un-counted against monthly quotas that would be pretty sweet.

Smit
3rd November 2006, 05:27 PM
... I dunno... I kinda enjoy the thrill of getting something in the mail that isn't a bill!! :)

Smit

PS: Kiddin, the torrents actually sounds like a good idea.

stu
3rd November 2006, 05:41 PM
I know what you mean about stuff in the mail...hehe, when i go on ebay shopping sprees, it's like someone loves me every day for a week after that. You can get all the rom torrents you could ever want from pleasuredome but the thing about this would be within AUS free content between isps. Even the FTP thing, i got 100kb upload and don't mind setting it up for peoples to share. Would probably make it just for the regulars who had been here for a while to start with but yeah.

@lien_Zed
3rd November 2006, 09:42 PM
there is a few options open to us on this.
i think i started a thread about it already with ftp stuff for free

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=2843&highlight=share

Berty
4th November 2006, 02:19 PM
This is what has been added so far, all are complete sets.

MegaDrive
32x
Snes
CPS3 (iso files)
Coleco
GameGear
Intellivision
Jaguar
Lynx
MSX1
MSX2
MTX
Neo Geo Pocket
PC Engine
SAM
SPC
Tosec
Vectrix

Lots more to come including the complete N64 set which is 40+ GB (only if i get the time though).

stu
4th November 2006, 02:43 PM
SHIT, how many dvd's is there currently in the package?? That's alot of stuff..

The Pinny Parlour
4th November 2006, 03:25 PM
SHIT, how many dvd's is there currently in the package?? That's alot of stuff..
Get yourself a spindle/bundle of 100 and that will just do it. :lol

Black Tiger
4th November 2006, 06:17 PM
Get yourself a spindle/bundle of 100 and that will just do it. :lol

It's getting that way! HOLY SMOKE!!! ha ha :lol

@lien_Zed
4th November 2006, 08:50 PM
if your looking for spindals of dics, i bought at strathfield audio (formerly brisbane car sound) here in townsville a spindal of 100 blank dvd for $34, they are 8 speed discs

The Pinny Parlour
4th November 2006, 09:25 PM
if your looking for spindals of dics, i bought at strathfield audio (formerly brisbane car sound) here in townsville a spindal of 100 blank dvd for $34, they are 8 speed discs

<cough>POS</cough>

Virgil Tracy
4th November 2006, 09:30 PM
<cough>POS</cough>

You must be really sick you are even coughing will typing,

The Pinny Parlour
4th November 2006, 09:44 PM
You must be really sick you are even coughing will typing,

I am mate. I haven't been this crook in years, 6 days and counting.

Johno
5th November 2006, 10:01 AM
where will adding stuff to the collection end?? I would like to gte a copy of them but I'm worried about missing out on some good stuff (like the n64 roms!) Has anyone in Adelaide got the collection yet??

@lien_Zed
5th November 2006, 12:05 PM
<cough>POS</cough>

been using them for years the amount of coasters i have made i could count on one hand

The Pinny Parlour
5th November 2006, 12:53 PM
been using them for years the amount of coasters i have made i could count on one hand

Who makes them? Nero CD/DVD Speed>Disc Info tab

@lien_Zed
5th November 2006, 09:30 PM
ah ha!!!
on the outside of the dics on the wrapping it says

Akimoto

but when i ran Nero it says...

Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info
Basic Information
Disc type: : DVD+R
Book Type : DVD+R
Manufacturer: : Verbatim
MID : MCC 003 (000)
Write speeds: : 2.4 X - 4 X
Blank Capacity : 4.38 GB
: 4482 MB
: 4700375040 bytes
Extended Information
Layers : 1
Write strategies : 4 X - 8 X
Disc Status : Empty
Raw Data
Physical Format Information (00h)
0000 - A1 0F 02 00 00 03 00 00 00 26 05 3F 00 00 00 00 - .........&.?....
0010 - 00 00 03 4D 43 43 00 00 00 00 00 30 30 33 00 38 - ...MCC.....003.8
0020 - 23 54 37 15 02 52 6C 02 B4 63 15 15 0B 0A 08 08 - #T7..Rl..c......
0030 - 01 19 1B 0C 0C 0C 0D 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - ................
0040 - 01 00 38 38 02 31 5F 1C 06 2E 23 10 04 1E 1D 01 - ..88.1_...#.....
0050 - 00 00 02 31 5F 1C 06 2E 23 10 04 1E 1D 01 00 00 - ...1_...#.......
0060 - 02 00 54 70 02 2F 63 67 20 14 0B 0B 01 20 00 00 - ..Tp./cg........
0070 - 00 00 02 43 63 67 20 14 0B 0B 01 20 00 00 00 36 - ...Ccg.........6

The Pinny Parlour
5th November 2006, 09:38 PM
shit post a picture of the disc mate. I'm off to buy some then.

sneek
5th November 2006, 10:18 PM
You can grab riteks g5 's x50 for 25bucks.

I haven't seen cheaper... (with quality).

Crafty
6th November 2006, 10:17 AM
where will adding stuff to the collection end?? I would like to gte a copy of them but I'm worried about missing out on some good stuff (like the n64 roms!) Has anyone in Adelaide got the collection yet??

Yep

I was a few back in the list..

Happy to have you come over and burn yourself a set of what I have..

PM me if interested...

Davefjedi
6th November 2006, 02:18 PM
i think we should look at a dc++ hub for aussie arcadeians any mods want to look into it only accessable to members with a certin post count any thoughts

stu
6th November 2006, 03:38 PM
i think we should look at a dc++ hub for aussie arcadeians any mods want to look into it only accessable to members with a certin post count any thoughts

I am all for this and can help seed things a fair bit on there. I was going to mention DC but i have no idea how to set it all up.

@lien_Zed
6th November 2006, 04:07 PM
im all for a aussie arcade file sharing setup just for us only...
some form of post count limit sounds great.

listerofsmeg
7th November 2006, 07:46 PM
Hi Guys, Could you remove me from the list, thanks!

Johno
11th November 2006, 10:47 AM
can I please be added to the list so I can get a copy of the discs. ta

Smit
12th November 2006, 09:34 AM
Hi All,
Got the DVDs (thanks Berty). Will be copying them today & sending them out ASAP.

I believe the list is as follows:

listerofsmeg (No Longer wants them?)
garuda (Next)
kramer
sneek
TheSilencer
TwoDads
Silverback
Andnic
Tigerback
SeanJ

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If garuda could PM me his address when he's ready and I'll post 'em off soon as.

Smit

PS: Some preety good stuff in there too.

Smit
13th November 2006, 07:53 PM
Hi all,
I am just about done with the DVDs... but I still haven't heard from Garuda?? I have sent him a PM tonight.
As Dezrae lives in the same city as I do, he has asked if I could pass them onto him to copy in the mean time and then he will send them out to Garuda.
I am sure this will be done in a timely manner, as I was going to pass them onto him tomorrow, then hopefully they get copied and posted off by the weekend.

Any objections? If so, please post in this thread.

cya
Smit

Berty
13th November 2006, 08:00 PM
No probs from me.

@lien_Zed
14th November 2006, 12:45 PM
I got the discs less then an hour ahgo from Smithy work place.
I will start copying tonight.
i will add to it a dvd full of commodore 64 games/music/emulators (over 16,000), an amiga 500 emulator and a dvd full of games (over 16,000), and a dvd with the top 1000 songs of the 1980's in mp3 format.
if i find anything else exciting in my collection, i will add it as well

@lien_Zed
14th November 2006, 08:39 PM
ok. i copied all that i could. there was a few discs with errors that were previously marked.i tried to copy them with nero , isobuster, ultraiso, alcohol 120, no good :-((

will add some goodies.

who's next, i need an address to ship this stuff too.
will get it out of townsville tomorrow.
if there is anybody in townsville who wants a copy of the lot, pm me, will gladly help out.

Crafty
15th November 2006, 08:01 AM
What discs are failing???

Do we need to replace something important for the people further down the list. I am just asking because there is no point waiting for months only to recieve an incomplete set of Mame or Daphne. I am not sure where this all started but perhaps we can impose on that person or persons to re-burn the missing/faulty discs before they go out again..:unsure

Berty
15th November 2006, 08:02 AM
Daphne and MAME are fine. I believe the discs in question were starcade and visual pinball.

@lien_Zed
15th November 2006, 02:27 PM
i copyied starcade just fine.
there is a dvd with visual pinball on it.
i can copy the visual pinball directory ok, but there is a few other directorys with nintendo stuff and they are kaput.

the other disc i could not copy has "elder scroll iv oblivian" on it.
i tried it in 2 pcs with 2 different burners and both failed

sneek
15th November 2006, 02:30 PM
the other disc i could not copy has "elder scroll iv oblivian" on it.
When it gets to me... i maybe able to fix that... ;)

Smit
15th November 2006, 02:50 PM
.....the other disc i could not copy has "elder scroll iv oblivian" on it.

I am actually the one that put that in originally...
Dez, If ya want me to re-burn it again so as to be added to the pile, let me know. Will be more than happy to do so, provided you have not already sent them that is...

cya
Smit

PS: Garuda does not need the DVDs any longer:

UPDATED LIST
Dezrae (currently has the set)
kramer (next)
sneek
TheSilencer
TwoDads
Silverback
Andnic
Tigerback
SeanJ

@lien_Zed
16th November 2006, 12:16 AM
im going to buy a new burner in the morning and re-copy these discs, i tested the dics tonight and the majority of the ones i copyied i can not read.

bloody hell. :-((

nero said it copied the dics and burnt ok... i guess i shoukd have turned verify on...

my burners have been a bit "iffy" for a while... looks like they may have given up the ghost...

desperatly want a copy of the daphne stuff ....
frustrating... the discs are here and if i could just get it right....

still need to get back to the shed at some point and do more fault finding on ther jpac as well.been busy getting cars organised to sell.

@lien_Zed
16th November 2006, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=Smit;35976]I am actually the one that put that in originally...
Dez, If ya want me to re-burn it again so as to be added to the pile, let me know. Will be more than happy to do so, provided you have not already sent them that is...

cya
Smit

Smit,
if you can reburn and add to collection i will add it.
I bought a brand new pioneer dual layer burner, 16 speed burn for $59 at IT Warehouse in ingham road.
will start to reburn everything again tonight....
sorry for upsetting the flow of things