PDA

View Full Version : Custom Jamma MOBO

furballx
10th December 2007, 10:34 PM
http://vmesource.com/prod/652545

I don't know if this has been posted, but this looks like a really interesting concept.
Dave

Davefjedi
11th December 2007, 07:24 AM
How sweet are they? I knew they were round but hadn't seen one yet bit pricy though

spacies
11th December 2007, 07:54 AM
Very pricey but way cool.

Just think of the time you would save configuring AVGA cards and JPACs.

True plug and play with 15khz output. Noice.

Simon_A
11th December 2007, 08:54 AM
Definitely a "hamburger with the lot" board.

felixthadog
11th December 2007, 09:08 AM
I want one! :D

Matthew

spacies
11th December 2007, 09:18 AM
Actually its not that bad considering you have to buy a PC, an AVGA card and a JPAC to get the functionality of this board in your MAME cab.

felixthadog
11th December 2007, 09:29 AM
Actually its not that bad considering you have to buy a PC, an AVGA card and a JPAC to get the functionality of this board in your MAME cab.

Does it include all the same functionality? Do you reckon it would be as good as having an AVGA card and J-PAC? :unsure

Matthew

spacies
11th December 2007, 09:47 AM
I would think so.

JAMMA has some spare pins at the bottom that could be mapped for admin buttons on your cab. Such as escape, enter, TAB etc.

I am sure many would agree that AVGA can be a right royal pain in the ass sometimes, this would do away with it.

Although it wouldn't have the 'shift or shazzam' keys like the encoder. But you prolly wouldn't need it anyway.

vocalninja
11th December 2007, 10:56 AM
Its $380 US for a bare board. What a rip. And I didn't read 15khz anywhere in the spec so the video may come out as VGA.

Brootal
11th December 2007, 11:19 AM
you could still hook an IPAC up through the USB ports anyway if you really wanted to get additional special buttons, only if you're desperate of course.

I can't see anything on how programmable the Jamma interface is? can you map keys, or is it fixed.

Hopefully you can boot off the CF card, then you could make easily swappable single game setup.

Stereo Audio should be sufficient, but 2.1 would have been nice.

spacies
11th December 2007, 11:23 AM
you could still hook an IPAC up through the USB ports anyway if you really wanted to get additional special buttons, only if you're desperate of course.

I can't see anything on how programmable the Jamma interface is? can you map keys, or is it fixed.

Yeah you could hook up an IPAC.

I think that there would be custom mobo software to allow key mapping.
If not then MAME could handle it anyway as each JAMMA pinout would register as a keystroke. :unsure