PDA

View Full Version : does anyone use an OMNISTIK prodigy

lexmark
6th December 2007, 08:40 PM
Hello
Anyone here use an Omnistik prodigy joystick ? (its the one that is 4 way 8 way switchable from the top ) if so what do you think of it ?

Also where did you get it from ? they are obviously not available from any of the Australian sellers ?? unfortunately .....I would rather buy local if possible.

thanks for any info

DevoDave
6th December 2007, 10:50 PM
I have a Mag-Stik Plus which is 4/8 swappale from from the top.

http://www.ultimarc.com/controls.html

lexmark
7th December 2007, 08:21 AM
I have a Mag-Stik Plus which is 4/8 swappale from from the top.

http://www.ultimarc.com/controls.html

Yeah i looked at that one..but thaught it might be a bit hard for the kids to change from 4-8 way,What do you think ?

Also how does it feel as far as the throw goes ...is it a firm or sloppy feeling action.........Anyone ?

Johno
7th December 2007, 09:16 AM
I have 2 omnistick prodigy joysticks in my cab. i bought them from here http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65&zenid=1b1f5529a850f93e5f2b77f570a06ab1

They are pretty good joysticks. I have never had a problem with them. Very easy to switch from 4 way/8 way. Only set back is that they take up a fair bit of room on the top of your control panel for the base of the joystcik where the switch is so probably not good if you have small control panel.

DevoDave
7th December 2007, 09:21 AM
The change from 4/8 is easy after you've done it once or twice, but without being shown you wouldn't know it's even possible.

The feel is 'different' though. Because it is relying on a magnetic force to return the stick to centre it is very tactile.

lexmark
7th December 2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the comments guys.
seanj that could be a bit of a bummer with the size of the top plate cause my CP wont be very big..although looking at pictures of the Omni the plate dosn't seem to be too bad as far as size goes...i better find some measurements before i order anything.

Just another thing ..does that little leaver ever get in the way???

thanks

john

Johno
7th December 2007, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the comments guys.
seanj that could be a bit of a bummer with the size of the top plate cause my CP wont be very big..although looking at pictures of the Omni the plate dosn't seem to be too bad as far as size goes...i better find some measurements before i order anything.

Just another thing ..does that little leaver ever get in the way???

thanks

john

they take up approx 13cmx13cm give or take on the top of your control panel and no the little lever never gets in the way.

lexmark
7th December 2007, 11:22 AM
Bloody hell ......130x130 that is a lot of space .

thanks very much for the info ,it gives me something to work with ,its gona stuff the layout up that i was happy with but might still be able to make it work .......Just

John

OzStick
7th December 2007, 05:59 PM
Hi Lexmark,

Is there a particular reason that you want/need switchable joysticks?

Cheers,
Chris

DevoDave
7th December 2007, 06:27 PM
Hi Lexmark,

Is there a particular reason that you want/need switchable joysticks?

Cheers,
Chris

So you can play Pacman one minute, and Scramble the next.

Can't play PacMan (or Pengo for that matter) with an 8-way, can't play Scramble with a four way.

lexmark
8th December 2007, 10:04 AM
So you can play Pacman one minute, and Scramble the next.

Can't play PacMan (or Pengo for that matter) with an 8-way, can't play Scramble with a four way.

Hello Chris

DevoDave has hit the nail right on the head ....and you will know that he has when i tell you who i am ,John from King Island ....Remember me?? .......How ya going??

John