PDA

View Full Version : Quick questions for minipac owners/users

alessiman
13th April 2006, 10:50 PM
Hi,

Received a minipac today from ozstick and wouldn't you know with easter etc no ones around to answer some fairly easy questions.

I am not sure what way around I am meant to connect the wiring loom to the minipac. I "think" its black wire ground to pin 2 etc. but not sure. Can anyone confirm?

Also all the ground wires. Am I meant to put the last connector anywhere. Since its in a series I would think it has to be grounded somewhere?

Or do I just leave it as is.

Sorry for the stupid questions. Just trying to make sure I am not making any mistakes

Davefjedi
14th April 2006, 07:08 AM
if it is anything like the ipac yes the ground or gnd is the black one if you look at the wireing loom on a jamma harness the black(gnd) is wired to every button and the other connection on the button switched goes back to each control ie p1 p2 up down ect...

http://www.ultimarc.com/mp_inst.html

RetroGame
14th April 2006, 08:59 AM
If you look at the connector on the mini pac, at one end there is a post by itself [.:::::::::::::::::::] ie, not in a group of two. This is the ground pin (black wire). The black wire is the connected to each button in series. There is no need to earth this wire.

alessiman
14th April 2006, 09:20 AM
If you look at the connector on the mini pac, at one end there is a post by itself [.:::::::::::::::::::] ie, not in a group of two. This is the ground pin (black wire). The black wire is the connected to each button in series. There is no need to earth this wire.

Thanks, And to the joysticks as well? or are they on a seperate gnd?

BTW the joystick is coming along nicely! should have some updated pics later today

RetroGame
14th April 2006, 10:35 AM
Yup, all switches including joysticks, buttons, and coin slots on the same ground.

WOKA
14th April 2006, 12:15 PM
Hi,

I'd reckon that the black wire in goes to PIN2 on the MINIPAC..

alessiman
14th April 2006, 12:22 PM
Hi,

I'd reckon that the black wire in goes to PIN2 on the MINIPAC..

Its all coming along well. Except I don't have a ps2 connector in any of my computers here. doh!!!

So tomorrow its off to get a ps2 to usb connector

You have to hate it don't you :x

Mickey Juice
15th April 2006, 12:28 PM
Its all coming along well. Except I don't have a ps2 connector in any of my computers here. doh!!!

So tomorrow its off to get a ps2 to usb connector

You have to hate it don't you :x

Heh, when I was building my mame cab I found myself going to the hardware store every 5 minutes... Would always forget/need something