PDA

View Full Version : Value?

frs
13th April 2006, 04:04 PM
Hi guys,

I've spotted a Gottlieb - Cue Ball Wizard that I'm thinking of chatting to the owner about.

Thing is, to be fair it's seen better days. Really does need a good cleanup (at least!) and I don't know if the whole thing is in full working order yet. Something tells me there's going to be a few faults with it.

Also, they've removed the backglass, and replaced it with a perspex XXXX Gold ad! :unsure

What would one of these be worth in working order? Just ballpark guess-timates are cool!

Thanks

humpalot
13th April 2006, 04:13 PM
I could of bought a nice one about 4mths ago for $1400, only needed a clean bulbs and rubbers were good.

WOKA
13th April 2006, 04:19 PM
Hi,

I don't like Gottlieb pins... I've had a couple and couldn't get rid of the quickly enough.

I think Mark.c. sold a street fighter recently for about $500 - needing work, nutcracker in QLD sold a World Challenge Soccer recently (again needing work) for about $370 I think, and there is a Rescue 911 on the bay at the moment, again condition unknown, most likely needing a little bit of work.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6269369820&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Based on the above averages you could summise the worth of the one your looking at perhaps..? $600.00 ~ $700.00 perhaps, tops..?

W.

frs
13th April 2006, 04:35 PM
Cheers guys .. might offer them a carton of beer for it

maybe a carton of homebrew

or maybe I'll just drink the beer and forget about it altogether

Ric
13th April 2006, 04:50 PM
system 3's are always bothersome

some are great games

cue ball wizard is not considered one of them

steer clean of most games without a backglass.

usually means other stuff has been damaged too

Ric

WOKA
13th April 2006, 06:37 PM
Cheers guys .. might offer them a carton of beer for it

maybe a carton of homebrew

or maybe I'll just drink the beer and forget about it altogether

Ummm... Homebrew..:D

Mickey Juice
13th April 2006, 08:34 PM
Maybe if it was a VB ad ;)