PDA

View Full Version : new toy

narf_
25th November 2007, 12:28 AM
got his from gibo today

he done the hard work for me and its all wired up all i gotta do is some light cosmetics and new CP to suit the 20 inch or swap for a 14inch tube as i have 3 bezels to suit

gotta love the mini shape

next week is new CP time

steptoe
25th November 2007, 12:49 AM
would make a nice little moon patrol

narf_
25th November 2007, 12:58 AM
yeah or beserk or scramble

ive got those 3 bezels to suit

atm it will be galaxian and or astrofighter once i get the pcbs wired up

MrQuan
25th November 2007, 02:46 AM
should scrub up nicely :)

narf_
25th November 2007, 08:49 AM
thanks guys

narf_
2nd December 2007, 10:46 PM
update

Control panel has been removed and i took of the old vinyl overlay to reveal the original artwork and extra holes a op has drilled in its life. Sent that off to get two copies made up 30mm shorter as the top covers the monitor

added a shroud and need to get some tinted perspex cut once the cps are back for exact measurement

im swapping the player buttons to a pair of mini player buttons i removed off a cocktail they look similar to regular buttons but with metal surrounds or ive got half a dozen spare atari buttons i might use instead as i think due to the small space on the cp the player buttons might look to big

mca will be swapped to a sanwa with bigball top. marquee light has been added but i need to add another powersupply

pics of the old CP artwork

narf_
9th December 2007, 11:26 PM
got the pair of new cps made up from my dad for free this w.e :)

i buggered up getting the hinge as it is too short and there is a gap on either side but i dont care and once i install some carbon look overlay it will help hide it

sticking to a simple setup for this panel and i used a digdug CP as template just added extra buttons

hopefully drilled tommorrow and everything installed so i can crank out some games and with 48in1s at 85 USD atm ill be looking into one :)

This cp is 35mm shorter than the old one. the camera angle makes it look longer but it is just a few mm under the monitor when you look at it properly

never done so much tinkering before on a cab dam its fun

GIBO
9th December 2007, 11:33 PM
looks good mate, hope you kept one of your bezels to finish it off

narf_
9th December 2007, 11:46 PM
i kept the ones that fit but there to suit 14inch tube so im thinking of making a custom generic style one out of contact as a base colour and perhaps adding some custom stickers

so many ideas running in my head atm

thanks for the support Geoff

the cab is sponsered by Verve (WA powersupply company) they just dont know it :lol

GIBO
9th December 2007, 11:58 PM
the cab is sponsered by Verve (WA powersupply company) they just dont know it :lol

The shed could do with a sponsor,who do I talk too:lol:lol

narf_
10th December 2007, 12:05 AM
lol

probably the wife she would use caterpillar to sponsor it drive a loader thru it to clean it out. once i finish tinkering with all the parts i can clean it

GIBO
10th December 2007, 12:10 AM
lol

probably the wife she would use caterpillar to sponsor it drive a loader thru it to clean it out. once i finish tinkering with all the parts i can clean it

You will need a 992 ,the green cabs are heavy:lol

narf_
10th December 2007, 12:19 AM
dam just trying to think button setup for the second CP

dam its hard to think what to setup :x

GIBO
10th December 2007, 12:28 AM
dam just trying to think button setup for the second CP

dam its hard to think what to setup :x

Being a small CP and 2 players with 3 buttons maybe set the buttons up in a triangle with No1 button on the bottom left No2 next to it and your 1 and 2 player buttons on the front of the panel facing you

narf_
10th December 2007, 12:37 AM
i did ponder that geoff

to add the player buttons to the font i would need to replace the front wood strut as it is right behind it

no biggie i would just install one with holes to suit id rather drill a new one than the old one

narf_
12th December 2007, 01:33 AM
ordering perspex in tinted for the screen and fired up galaxian/super galaxian i got off a fellow member once i get a holesaw its alive once again

narf_
18th December 2007, 07:55 AM
finally got the joystick and p1 and 2 buttons on

i ended up deciding on 2 button setup for classic games with this CP the next one ill make a 2 player 3 button setup

the little ball top is there for size comparison. next step is to connect the wires (too tired at 11 last nite) up tonite and mount the pcb in

Hoopstar
21st December 2007, 09:07 PM
mmmmmm... Atari cone buttons :cool:

Hoops

narf_
21st December 2007, 10:07 PM
yeah ive got another 3 or so spare found a stash in the bottom of a old box :)

just need to source some replacement switches to suit the spares

narf_
23rd December 2007, 10:11 AM
updated

im happy one panel down so far

next is buy another marquee light again as i overloaded the last one and get some plexi next week

nick1985
26th February 2008, 08:45 PM
Hey Narf

whats the latest with this cab? None of the photo links came up for some reason

narf_
26th February 2008, 10:11 PM
hmm i must of accidently deleted them

hey ya go nick ive got a mate organising another marquee ive added a light and replaced the chassis since this pic

next cab comes in this week a 20 inch lowboy ive scored free

nick1985
28th February 2008, 01:48 AM
mate that looks wicked

are you sure its not brand new? :lol

narf_
28th February 2008, 08:20 AM
lol

the new CP does make a difference to the old girl