PDA

View Full Version : hotkey for HWSTRETCH

gints
22nd November 2007, 08:39 PM
hey guys,

just re-did my mame cab and sorted all my game list and functionality issues, VERY HAPPY.

One last thing though, i am having trouble with certain resolutions )i have used AVGARES with Soft-15khz) particularly on vertical shooters (DoDonPachi etc.)

They are one type, but there are certain resolutions that does aren't big enough etc, but look passable when used with simple HWSTRETCH (not arcade perfect, but whatever).

Basically, is there a mame hotkey that i can hit to temporarily put it to HWSTRETCH if a game is dodgy once i boot it up? Id like to program that key to my JPAC to get mame to tempoarily ignore the games ini file and its settings (HWSTRETCH 0) so i can play the game, then toggle back.

aM I DREAMING?

felixthadog
23rd November 2007, 11:04 AM
hey guys,

just re-did my mame cab and sorted all my game list and functionality issues, VERY HAPPY.

One last thing though, i am having trouble with certain resolutions )i have used AVGARES with Soft-15khz) particularly on vertical shooters (DoDonPachi etc.)

They are one type, but there are certain resolutions that does aren't big enough etc, but look passable when used with simple HWSTRETCH (not arcade perfect, but whatever).

Basically, is there a mame hotkey that i can hit to temporarily put it to HWSTRETCH if a game is dodgy once i boot it up? Id like to program that key to my JPAC to get mame to tempoarily ignore the games ini file and its settings (HWSTRETCH 0) so i can play the game, then toggle back.

aM I DREAMING?

I like the idea of being able to do this too, but I don't think you can change the ini file settings on the fly. Currently I just create a separate ini file for each game that requires different settings to the mame.ini file and set HWSTRETCH in the game's ini file. I would definitely be interested in finding out if what you are asking is possible, then I wouldn't need all the extra ini files :D

Matthew