PDA

View Full Version : Addams Family

frs
12th April 2006, 10:12 AM
Hi everyone,

Pretty simple question really .. could anyone who is lucky enough to already own an Addams post the cabinet measurements?

Length, width, depth of the cabinet and same for the backboard would be good too.

I'll be in a position to buy later in the year, but just want to be sure I can get one into the house before I get too excited ..

Thanks guys!!
matt

Ric
12th April 2006, 12:07 PM
matt

go to http://www.ipdb.org

search for addams family

the flyer has been scanned as one of the pictures

The second page of the flyer has the weight and dimensions of the machine

Ric

frs
12th April 2006, 01:08 PM
Sweet as, thanks mate

All that's left is making sure it fits, and keeping the missus convinced it's a good idea

Ric
12th April 2006, 03:00 PM
no problems

WMS were pretty good by putting dimensions and weight on most of their flyers in the 80's and 90's

if you are moving a WMS down or upstairs remember they are HEAVY!

It took five people to move my Dredd (and I thank them every time I see them)

Ric

frs
12th April 2006, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I noticed that on the flyer, 118 kilos! Bugger. Will have to take out private health cover for all the spinal damage

Considering the backbox is that little bit wider than the playfield, are they easy to take off if need be (getting the machine through doorways/etc), without destroying the wiring?

Also, can a pin be turned on it's side, or up on it's end, when being moved without screwing it up? (As you can no doubt tell, I've never owned one before)

rottenpig
12th April 2006, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I noticed that on the flyer, 118 kilos! Bugger. Will have to take out private health cover for all the spinal damage

Considering the backbox is that little bit wider than the playfield, are they easy to take off if need be (getting the machine through doorways/etc), without destroying the wiring?

Also, can a pin be turned on it's side, or up on it's end, when being moved without screwing it up? (As you can no doubt tell, I've never owned one before)

i have moved quite a few pinny's. the backbox folds down and i've never had any troubles with doorways etc. they (just) fit through smaller doorways and i've always managed to get them through tight spaces. only needed 2 people too. they are heavy but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Ric
12th April 2006, 06:11 PM
if this is your first pin don't play around with taking off the backbox.

if you have to - you will need to mark every connector etc as these will all need to be removed from the boards. If you mess up putitng the connectors back on you are likely to fry a board. Hence, my sugestion not to.

I would equally suggest not tipping the machine and keeping it upright. tings can move or loose screws. washers or othe rdebris (every machine has something) can be shifted and might (prbabably will) lodge somewhere and potentially cause a short

As rottenpig said, they will usually fit through most doorways (carefully) and with a few dedicated helpers it is usually not that painful

Ric

Ric