PDA

View Full Version : Moving Arcade Cabinet from Syd-Mel. Help!

alessiman
11th April 2006, 04:52 PM
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum.

I will be buying a cabinet shell from Neil at MameDownunder and want to have it shipped to Melbourne. The one place I was recommended "pack and send" want approx $278 to send it down.

Or about 4/5ths the price of what I will be paying.

Does anyone know of good and reliable companys that can deliver a cabinet shell b/w syd and melb for a reasonable price? I'm presonally thinking around $100 as the unit isn't all that heavy

Any people in the coin op industry able to assist?

Ric
11th April 2006, 05:03 PM
I used Dutt Transport to transport a Black Hole Pin (a bloody heavy 80's pin) from Melbourne to Sydney (depot to depot) - so I had to pick it up form the depot - the dorky volvo is great for transporting pins. It cost $90 i think

I was told by a company that most transport companies will quote large amounts as a deterrant since arcade/pins are one-off clients usually and the items are easily damaged. May be easier with a wooden frame though

Ric

Savage
11th April 2006, 08:24 PM
Cope transported my Candy cab from Highway in Mayfield East (where ever that is) to my door in Brisbane north side for $190...

I thought that wasn't too bad

alessiman
12th April 2006, 09:58 AM
Cope transported my Candy cab from Highway in Mayfield East (where ever that is) to my door in Brisbane north side for $190...

I thought that wasn't too bad

Copes out of the picture. They are $350 which makes pack and send seem like a bargain at this point in time

any others?

Ric
12th April 2006, 10:05 AM
you need to be a bit more specific

are you looking door to door or depot to depot?

door to door will always be more expensive as they have to find you and delver it off their truck (ie more risk) depot means you have to pick it up and haul it yourself - less work for them and therefore a cheaper option

Ric

alessiman
12th April 2006, 10:25 AM
you need to be a bit more specific

are you looking door to door or depot to depot?

door to door will always be more expensive as they have to find you and delver it off their truck (ie more risk) depot means you have to pick it up and haul it yourself - less work for them and therefore a cheaper option

Ric

It will have to be door to door. As I will not have the mechanism's to get the cabinet from the depot to home

I doubt that door to door add thats signifigantly to cost. They are after delivery companys :)

humpalot
12th April 2006, 10:48 AM
I used these guy's last time I moved, they were almost half price. Might pay to get a quote :D
http://www.backloads.com/

Savage
12th April 2006, 04:07 PM
I used these guy's last time I moved, they were almost half price. Might pay to get a quote :D
http://www.backloads.com/

Yep, I used then for a Pinball machine (forgot about them) getting a quote over the phone turned out a lot cheaper than an online quote,, weird...

rottenpig
12th April 2006, 05:00 PM
It will have to be door to door. As I will not have the mechanism's to get the cabinet from the depot to home

I doubt that door to door add thats signifigantly to cost. They are after delivery companys :)

just hire a ute - only like $40, probably still works out a fair bit cheaper

Ric
12th April 2006, 05:20 PM
Melbourne to Sydney and back for $40?

where do you hire your utes from?

Ric

WOKA
12th April 2006, 05:30 PM
Melbourne to Sydney and back for $40?

where do you hire your utes from?

Ric

Depot to Depot then Ute from Depot to his place..

C'mon..!

:)

rottenpig
12th April 2006, 05:49 PM
i meant get the ute to get it from the depot in his state if the cheaper companies don't deliver door to door - what's wrong with that? but in saying that, you could hire a ute and go get it. i've heard of a guy coming from sydney to get a cab from brisbane in a hired ute about 5 months ago. did the round trip in a day / night or whatever.