PDA

View Full Version : I've got Candy!!

Savage
10th April 2006, 11:42 AM
After selling off a few things, I managed to get enough $$$ for a candy and it arrived today. Atomiswave!! :D :D

http://www.cowboyberty.com/J7u33229.jpg

http://www.cowboyberty.com/TCq33289.jpg

Tried Neo-Geo and it worked fine.

Now this is where it get's tricky.

I have a Time Master Xbox to Jamma converter. Seems to be work almost perfect. Problem is No sound coming through, it did give me sound once but tried again and no go, will check the conector.
But the main problem is when using a Emulator.. IE BAED and firing up a game it won't let me pass the "insert Coin" to start... Any suggestions wit this:unsure

The Pinny Parlour
10th April 2006, 11:53 AM
Cool

Images are not showing BTW

Berty
10th April 2006, 11:53 AM
Hi Savage,

your pics arent working. If you pm me i can host them for you.

Savage
10th April 2006, 02:45 PM
Hi Savage,

your pics arent working. If you pm me i can host them for you.

Thanks mate, sent them to you.
Weird that they are working for me//

PS.. sound now working via Xbox adapter

Berty
10th April 2006, 03:31 PM
There ya go, i just ammended your post.

Shock_And_Awe
10th April 2006, 04:51 PM
nice one Savage! Are you gonna set up mame for it? Look out MGL if you are:)

RetroBorg
10th April 2006, 06:02 PM
Nice cab. :)

elvis
10th April 2006, 06:51 PM
What's Dolphin Blue like? I haven't seen it in any local arcades yet, which is a shame (unless anyone knows a Brissy arcade that has it).

NMD
10th April 2006, 07:00 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet cab :D

Savage
10th April 2006, 07:39 PM
Good eyes Elvis. IT's not too bad, I got that as I love Metal Slug games and it's very similar.

Shock_And_Awe - I don't have d oner PC yet but that's what the Xbox will be for. I've MameOX (mame for Xbox) and will try it on that. Will have to work out how to map a button for the coin / start from the Xbox!..
For Mame setup, I can directly use VGA out from a PC to this cab but then that doesn't help with the Controls or sound, so would still have to get a Jamma adapter!

BTW, anyone selling arcade stools?

The Pinny Parlour
10th April 2006, 07:50 PM
Good eyes Elvis. IT's not too bad, I got that as I love Metal Slug games and it's very similar.

I don't have d oner PC yet

I might have a all-in-one MB and cpu (under 1000mhz) laying around. Will look this weekend.

BTW, anyone selling arcade stools?

Caroma stools.....bunnings Under $20 bucks

Savage
10th April 2006, 08:43 PM
I might have a all-in-one MB and cpu (under 1000mhz) laying around. Will look this weekend.

Cool let me know what you want for it!

Sweet will take a trip tomorrow

Arcade King
10th April 2006, 08:54 PM
Mate I'm converted..not but that is a damn fine looking cab. Hope you can get 2 player control panels for those. :)

Savage
10th April 2006, 09:03 PM
Mate I'm converted..not but that is a damn fine looking cab. Hope you can get 2 player control panels for those. :)

Cheers mate.. will have to come over and see first hand!!
2 player CP is possible, Highway are getting some from Egrets, they fit straight in...

also might lokk into getting a coin mech for it!

Shock_And_Awe
10th April 2006, 09:03 PM
hey a little dodgy but I bought some CHEAP stools from Ikea for $5.95 each. Not the sturdiest of stools I've ever sat on but they seem fine. Might get better ones later but if you got an Ikea nearby here's a quick and cheap solution. Hard to go past $11.90 for 2 stools!

Savage
10th April 2006, 09:09 PM
Ha, they look funny :lol

See you have decorated it with beers~!~
Do you know what the Card slot id for, credit cards or save game?

Shock_And_Awe
10th April 2006, 09:09 PM
Cheers mate.. will have to come over and see first hand!!
2 player CP is possible, Highway are getting some from Egrets, they fit straight in...

also might lokk into getting a coin mech for it!

I looked into that too and highway wanted $343 for the egret cp!! Strange that your cab didn't come with a coin mech....mine did?? Was it listed on their site with a coin mech?

Savage
10th April 2006, 09:12 PM
I looked into that too and highway wanted $343 for the egret cp!! Strange that your cab didn't come with a coin mech....mine did?? Was it listed on their site with a coin mech?

Actually after talking with, I think it was Steve he said it would have a Japanese coin mech in it? but none there.. Does yours have a Jap coin mech?

rottenpig
10th April 2006, 09:16 PM
the card slot is for save games.
i thought i saw a 2 player control panel on ebay, it was at $50.

Shock_And_Awe
10th April 2006, 09:17 PM
Actually after talking with, I think it was Steve he said it would have a Japanese coin mech in it? but none there.. Does yours have a Jap coin mech?
mate I'm not sure but it does say made in Japan and looks original equipment so I don't think would suit Aussie coins

Shock_And_Awe
10th April 2006, 09:18 PM
the card slot is for save games.
i thought i saw a 2 player control panel on ebay, it was at $50.
yeah it's an Astro city cp and doesn't fit Atomiswave / Egret :x

Berty
10th April 2006, 09:36 PM
it does, its just slightly too small though

Arcade King
10th April 2006, 10:04 PM
Well now you got the Cab Scott might be time for a Brissy boys get together at your house hey?

LOTR4U
10th April 2006, 10:07 PM
Well now you got the Cab Scott might be time for a Brissy boys get together at your house hey?

Yeah, Trav will bring the KY! dam that was a cheap shot :lol

elvis
11th April 2006, 09:04 AM
Yeah I love my Metal Slug games (and Gunstar Heros on MegaDrive, and Gunners Heaven on PSX, and....). I'm keen as to try out Dolphin Blue.

:o

Whoah there nelly... back up a second. Say again? Mr "I hate all these crap plastic shitty new age cabinets" COMPLIMENTED the candy?

News at 11: Hell froze over.

:p

Mickey Juice
11th April 2006, 09:25 AM

My local Bunnings doesn't have them.

I bought some French brand ones from Freedom Furniture and they're going fine.

I think Chris @ OzStick has the Caroma brand.

garuda
11th April 2006, 06:21 PM
My local Bunnings doesn't have them.

I bought some French brand ones from Freedom Furniture and they're going fine.

I think Chris @ OzStick has the Caroma brand.

Mitre 10 also stock the Caroma brand.

rottenpig
11th April 2006, 09:23 PM
Whoah there nelly... back up a second. Say again? Mr "I hate all these crap plastic shitty new age cabinets" COMPLIMENTED the candy?:p

he said not straight after it - not.

that's a bugger that cp won't fit, might go cheap. just smash it in. use some quality tools like a thick peice of wood and maybe some tape. smash it good.

Arcade King
11th April 2006, 11:52 PM
Mitre 10 also stock the Caroma brand.

My toilet is Caroma!

The Pinny Parlour
12th April 2006, 06:23 AM
My toilet is Caroma!

That's nice dear....

Savage
12th April 2006, 06:44 AM
Yep gathering my place, but will wait until I get a 2 player CP..

Rang my local Bunnings no go on the Caroma Stools. Hey MJ you got a link or pic with the ones you got?
Also sent message to Chris...

Update on Coin mech, rang steve from Highway about not haing a Jap coin mech in it, as was told it would. He apologised and said they're getting a batch of $1 Aussie coin mechs in to suit and as long as I pay for postage I can have one... That's pretty cool!!

RedneckV2
12th April 2006, 07:26 PM
'The Warehouse' had white stools not long ago for $10 ea

Shock_And_Awe
12th April 2006, 07:53 PM
Update on Coin mech, rang steve from Highway about not haing a Jap coin mech in it, as was told it would. He apologised and said they're getting a batch of $1 Aussie coin mechs in to suit and as long as I pay for postage I can have one... That's pretty cool!!
nice one Savage....he's pretty cool that Steve....er well in a geeky kinda way:)

Savage
12th April 2006, 08:18 PM
Yeah pretty cool to talk to, seems like a guy that doesn't get flustered...

Got two stools on order, Chris from Ozestick pointed me at Tradelink. Got two in order for $22 each..

Shock_And_Awe
12th April 2006, 08:34 PM
Got two stools on order, Chris from Ozestick pointed me at Tradelink. Got two in order for $22 each..

got a link or a picture?

Savage
12th April 2006, 08:37 PM
got a link or a picture?

No and No.

Got contact details though.

Darren - Tradelink for Caroma stools
1 Pickering St ENOGGERA, QLD, 4051
Phone: 07 3354 1666, Fax: 07 3355 2708

rottenpig
12th April 2006, 09:35 PM
that's were i got mine - i like their selection - white... or white

Savage
12th April 2006, 10:06 PM
that's were i got mine - i like their selection - white... or white

True, at least white is what I was after :)