PDA

View Full Version : Bootleg Neo Geo carts

Dan
9th April 2006, 09:20 PM
Has anyone ever got a bootleg neo geo cart? I have about 40 carts, most from ebay in australia. No bootlegs yet. There is a lot of talk on the neo geo forums about them.
I've noticed lately there are a lot more neo carts with fake labels appearing on ebay in oz. I know this doesn't mean the cart is a bootleg, but it's the only way to guess if the seller won't open the cart and check.

Berty
9th April 2006, 09:37 PM
I have got a few boots that i bought on purpose. One was Capcom vs SNK Chaos, but it was the "Plus" version with all the extra characters unlocked.

The other one i just bought was Neo Drift Out. Paid about $25 for it so im not complaining.

Alot of the boots are coming out of chinese factories. Replacement labels should be a dead give away but then again i have seen boots that look almost legit.

I will buy a boot if...

A.) it is substaintially cheaper than the original
B.) if i can get my money back if it doesnt work properly

At the end of the day i buy neo carts to play them, not to collect them so its up to you. One thing that annoys me is when sellers dont tell you its a boot and people then pay huge sums for it.

Dan
9th April 2006, 10:06 PM
I'm not really a collector, I buy my carts to play. My main concern is that they work like the original, I guess it depends on the quality of the bootleg. Did you get the two you have locally or from overseas?

Berty
10th April 2006, 12:00 AM
I bought neo drift out from yaton. He always offers an exchange or refund if the cart doesnt work.

Arcade King
10th April 2006, 07:10 AM
I'm not really a collector, I buy my carts to play. My main concern is that they work like the original, I guess it depends on the quality of the bootleg. Did you get the two you have locally or from overseas?

Theres not much to a neo cart, bootlegs are usually eprom 4 eprom the same uless like Bert said they have other modifications done like included cheats etc.