sneek
12th November 2007, 01:01 AM
Yet another review by MrQuan :D

Name: Slap Fight / Alcon (US)

Developer: Toaplan

Publisher: Taito

System: Arcade (JAMMA PCB)

Release date: 1986

Links: KLOV - Slap Fight (http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9583)

YouTube:
YouTube - Slap Fight / Alcon - Arcade - Review

MrQuan
12th November 2007, 01:48 AM
I said that I was going to review a classic platformer next... sorry I was too lazy to rotate the monitor in my cab :p I'll do that platformer next time ;)

I didn't mention that this game has 2-player mode, but it's alternating, not at the same time like Raiden. There is also a dip-switch setting for cocktail mode. :) Enjoy!

Brad
12th November 2007, 10:59 AM
Slapfight is one of my all time faves.

Brad

elvis
12th November 2007, 11:55 AM
TOAPLAN FOR THE WIN!

Another awesome review, MrQuan.

On the technical side of things, your video editing is fantastic, and the subtitles are a great addition. There's a lot reviews on YouTube where the content is great but the video has been cut by a monkey on crack which makes it damned near unwatchable. Yours are fantastic. Keep up the good work.

MrQuan
12th November 2007, 12:04 PM

I mumble and speak wierd sometimes apparently, so I had to put subtitles in :p Windows Movie Maker in Vista is awesome, makes editing a sinch :)

GEMINI
12th November 2007, 05:01 PM
Great review keep it up
i will end up with a big pcb shopping list:D

intigod
12th November 2007, 07:03 PM
i love these reviews keep it up mate.... i just find it so relaxing listening to ur voice... its like honey.... sweet to my ears.... lol

very interesting :)

MrQuan
12th November 2007, 07:10 PM
i love these reviews keep it up mate.... i just find it so relaxing listening to ur voice... its like honey.... sweet to my ears.... lol

very interesting :)

Thank you... I think?:o (I think I need to get a restraining order) :run:

intigod
12th November 2007, 07:14 PM
relax mate... im not gay....

my boyfriend is.....

seriously top review :D

MrQuan
12th November 2007, 07:19 PM
haha, thanks :p

I feel like I need a cigarette and a shower after all that:108:

coolspot
12th November 2007, 07:23 PM
good review

mouser
4th June 2008, 11:23 AM
I'm loving the video review format! Watching the gameplay with commentary over the top is a great way to show off the game too, although I don't reckon you really needed the typeover on screen, you were perfectly understandable to my Australian ears ;)

Slapfight still remains as one of the best scrolling shooters I've ever played and I still love the game to this day. Awesome game, awesome review!

:cool: