PDA

View Full Version : Best Sony PSP Deals

Roxbury
7th November 2007, 10:31 PM
I am looking at buying a Sony PSP plus game to give as a Xmas present. Does anybody know what and where the best deals are?

Arsenic Hipster
7th November 2007, 11:02 PM
I've been checking up here occasionally since I was looking for a DS.

http://ds.palgn.com.au/

There's a bit on there updated once or twice a month that lists most of the major shops and any deals they have going so that's a start.

And now back to playing Phantom Hourglass.

Syzlack
7th November 2007, 11:04 PM
Kmart or BigW I recon, they are ususally cheaper than the game stores themselves.
Do you have Electronic Boutique is tassie?
Its a pretty good games store but not sure if they have "great deals"
Try and find that place.

Arsenic Hipster
7th November 2007, 11:33 PM
EB's prices generally aren't the best (and 2nd hand prices are absurd) but they do price match stuff they have in stock, just take a catalogue/ad in and show them. That's how I avoided paying $60+ for Tetris DS when JB Hifi were out of stock. Price match applies to preorders with freebies too, like the metal case that came with Zelda.

Mickey Juice
8th November 2007, 09:24 AM

Great game :)

Roxbury
8th November 2007, 11:05 AM

Yes great game, my Fiance has just finished it.

It is her I was going to get the PSP for, but now I am thinking of maybe a PS3 having just found out about the new "Rock Band" game. How much fun would it be jammin it up with 4 people, 1 mic, bass, lead guitar & drums!

PS my Fiance loves these types of games, so it wouldn't all be just for me ;)

NMD
8th November 2007, 05:32 PM
Spose you could buy a pre-modded one from OzModChips (http://www.ozmodchips.com/psp-consoles-c-23_27.html)

MrQuan
8th November 2007, 05:39 PM
What does the modchip do? Does it add new features?

I got a PSP for my gf, but I did firmware mods I downloaded from the net, then I just downloaded a stack of games and voila!

Edit: or is it not a modchip, just firmware like I did off the net?

RedneckV2
8th November 2007, 06:17 PM
EB's prices generally aren't the best (and 2nd hand prices are absurd) but they do price match stuff they have in stock, just take a catalogue/ad in and show them. That's how I avoided paying $60+ for Tetris DS when JB Hifi were out of stock. Price match applies to preorders with freebies too, like the metal case that came with Zelda.

The guy who sold me my pre-order (of zelda at EB) wouldn't allow me to price match if I wanted the metal tin.
I had to argue with him, as the gold metal 'treasure chest' was the only reason I pre-ordered.
He eventually caved in as he said he didn't want to debate the topic but I feel the facts speak for themselves.

Fact 1. There was no stated terms for the pre-order that limits the use of price matching.

Fact 2. The receipt for the pre-order had no final price for the item listed or amount owing on purchase. The only detail was the amount of the deposit.

Fact 3. On the back of the pre-order receipt was EB advertising promoting the practice of price matching!!!

SORRY I REALIZE I AM GETTING OF TOPIC

but that experience pissed me off!

Am I justified?

Anyway, Harvey Norman @ Indooroopilly in Brisbane were selling out their stock of the first model of the PSP a few weeks ago for $150.

They had dozens of display boxes at the time. I haven't been in since so don't know if they sold out:D

Arsenic Hipster
8th November 2007, 06:51 PM
The guy who sold me my pre-order (of zelda at EB) wouldn't allow me to price match if I wanted the metal tin.
I had to argue with him, as the gold metal 'treasure chest' was the only reason I pre-ordered.
He eventually caved in as he said he didn't want to debate the topic but I feel the facts speak for themselves.

Fact 1. There was no stated terms for the pre-order that limits the use of price matching.

Fact 2. The receipt for the pre-order had no final price for the item listed or amount owing on purchase. The only detail was the amount of the deposit.

Fact 3. On the back of the pre-order receipt was EB advertising promoting the practice of price matching!!!

SORRY I REALIZE I AM GETTING OF TOPIC

but that experience pissed me off!

Am I justified?

I ordered it for the same thing, and I only got around to getting a DS yesterday (I held off because of assignments and for my birthday). I had no problems but I've never pre-ordered games before. Before handing over my deposit I specifically asked them about matching prices and if it applied to the tin and was still going to get one since it was only 4 days before the release date. I already had the JB catalog for when I picked it up. When I did go get it I was the same guy who rung it up while the other got it from the storeroom, I also picked up a Kmart catalog as I walked past on my way in and saved another $1.50 or so.

Any arguments about it or no tins left in stock and I was ready to demand my $10 back. I tend to avoid EB when I can they seem a bit shifty at times. I once overheard one of their people telling a couple that they'd also need to buy a Wii points card to go with the Wii console if their kids wanted to play their old Gamecube games on it as well. I doubt they ever shopped there again once they got home and found out the truth.