Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

PDI glass direct air import: success

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:boring: :boring: :boring:

This thread is going to help no one from here I predict....time to close?

It has helped bring a smile to the face of many of us!!!! Hilarious, made for a great read!!!!

after 9 pages of reading crap, what's the price and who from ?

PDI glass from the USA is $295 USD each ($385 AUD) + shipping is around $250 for one sheet or around $160 each if you're buying 4. The total you'll pay for a sheet is upward of $540 AUD delivered. This excludes GST or duties The courier may charge.

As this is a little too expensive for most, I import the PDI glass from the supplier in Germany in bulk via sea shipment, so the Australian pinball community could obtain at a lower price.

The price is $395 AUD for a standard size and $415 AUD for a wide body. These are available from Caloundra, QLD 4551 and any buyer is welcome to pickup and check out the 18 mint restored Bally/Williams DMDs (www.facebook.com/pinballparlour) If you don't live close, I can suggest Prowler transport whom charges as little as $25-$50 depending on quantity and delivery location. Others have arranged their own transport as well.

If you are interested in saving some significant $ and can wait 5 weeks, there is a for sale thread http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/86469/

You keep rejecting it and asking for an alternative method. You of all people should realise how hard it is importing container full of cash into China.

Sure do, that's why most of my customers pay CASH into my Hong Kong bank account ;)

From what I can make out Your trying to say is you can buy the glass direct from PDI and have it shipped quickly and safely to your door. @OurManinOz is that correct?

From a US retailer, not PDI directly. If you could, I'm sure you could get the cost down further again.

Ok so I'm just going to add right here for everyone, to buy the glass in USD its 1 Sheet = $295 each

4+ Sheets = $265 each (do you own conversion on the day given exchange rates are fluctuating a bit). Contact this guy and he'll quote you precise shipping, not my attempt at a calc based on factors that may or may not affect others: Joey@Pinballdecals.com

I'll end my contribution to this thread the same way I did the last one (and to any future ones that involve this guys *delusions of grandeur)...

* A delusion of grandeur is the fixed, false belief that one possesses superior qualities such as genius, fame, omnipotence, or wealth.

It is most often a symptom of schizophrenia, but can also be a symptom found in psychotic or bipolar disorders, as well as dementia (such as Alzheimer's).

Oh mate you really are agitator with your memes etc eh. Delusions of grandeur, yeah right. You'd probably swallow that comment if you actually knew me. Maybe you'd like to have a convo via PM and I can set you straight with some facts.

From a US retailer, not PDI directly. If you could, I'm sure you could get the cost down further again.

Ok so I'm just going to add right here for everyone, to buy the glass in USD its 1 Sheet = $295 each

4+ Sheets = $265 each (do you own conversion on the day given exchange rates are fluctuating a bit). Contact this guy and he'll quote you precise shipping, not my attempt at a calc based on factors that may or may not affect others: Joey@Pinballdecals.com

Pinball Decals is PDI - Pinball Decals Inc.

But how much do they charge is now the $64K question :lol

Ok FFS here you go once and for all....drum roll please $A476 per sheet!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Pinball Decals is PDI - Pinball Decals Inc.

He is the US supplier, not the manufacturer. He gets it from the factory in Germany, just as Jordan does with his importation of it.

PDI Glass - 4th Quarter order

Ok FFS here you go once and for all....drum roll please $A476 per sheet!!!!!

So why all the cloak and dagger stuff - just come right out and say the price in your first post - sheesh................anyway, at last we all know how much a sheet is.

That's not strictly correct if you note I also estimated that local shipping from say the group buy in QLD to could cost $200 or so and deducted from the $A550 total cost of DHL.

It's not all that confusing frankly.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Now I am confused.

You stated

550 dhl shipping.

390 sheet

550 divided by 3 is 183

183 +390

Am I missing something? Not being trying to be cheeky. I'm actually trying to work out some numbers to get some to wa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shit, what a read. I feel lightheaded and need a Panadol after that. Very entertaining though, so thanks guys.

I'll stick to my $40 per sheet regular toughened glass and ignore the minor reflections.

or do what i do with my junker games, remove the glass completely, no reflections

;)

So why all the cloak and dagger stuff - just come right out and say the price in your first post - sheesh................anyway, at last we all know how much a sheet is.

No cloak and dagger at all. I was trying to illustrate that there was more than straight out numbers involved given I know for a fact in my case that I would have paid a decent cost for freight from QLD to NSW. Why is that aspect so difficult for everyone to understand? So in my own terms the glass costs me less than the $A476 a sheet and may well be relevant to others across the country who were trying to work out if it's comparatively worth it to them to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I am confused.

You stated

550 dhl shipping.

390 sheet

550 divided by 3 is 183

183 +390

Am I missing something? Not being trying to be cheeky. I'm actually trying to work out some numbers to get some to wa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I was quoting off the 3 as the DHL was for 4 actually with the 4th for a mate who wanted one. DHL was $A540 so it calcs. I was trying to calc it as my own purchase not with my mates, but that's obviously made it less clear in the end as it was too hard to break down what the impact of minus 1 sheet is to the DHL cost. My apols on that one. Final figure posted (and edited on original post) is the corrected cost per sheet.