Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Which Jukebox software

Sk has a setting to automatically shut down the pc. I always enable this feature. So when I'm done, Q to quit and it shuts down. I also add the exe to the startup and so Sk boots straight up and ready to go.

Sk has a setting to automatically shut down the pc. I always enable this feature. So when I'm done, Q to quit and it shuts down. I also add the exe to the startup and so Sk boots straight up and ready to go.

Yeah-but-no, you cant get to Q with just a touchscreen :)

I guess we're all talking thinking about our individual setups which differ slightly and present individual problems. Anyway interesting to talk and see what others have done. I have a wifi dongle in mine with shared directory for the music and use VNC for remote setup / config changes. It's pretty stable nowadays, only occasionally adding more music.

A smart bloke on AA suggested I could have a look at a program / scripting tool called AutoHotKey to put an exit logo on the screen like an album cover and use a touch of it to shutdown. It's on the todo list for me.

Yeah-but-no, you cant get to Q with just a touchscreen :)

I guess we're all talking thinking about our individual setups which differ slightly and present individual problems. Anyway interesting to talk and see what others have done. I have a wifi dongle in mine with shared directory for the music and use VNC for remote setup / config changes. It's pretty stable nowadays, only occasionally adding more music.

A smart bloke on AA suggested I could have a look at a program / scripting tool called AutoHotKey to put an exit logo on the screen like an album cover and use a touch of it to shutdown. It's on the todo list for me.

Very true, but how do you turn it on? Is it just at the wall? I would install a discrete button for shutdown?

Very true, but how do you turn it on? Is it just at the wall? I would install a discrete button for shutdown?

Inlet power is a single IEC switched fused input connector. This feeds to two psus; one for the pc and the other for the monitor and amp. The red button is pc reset button which is set in windows (XP) to shut down pc. These elements are basically out of sight for the user, all they see is the touch screen and by and large most people seem able to use it without instruction. Youngsters tend to try and swipe rather than just touch - the way I have it set is a touch is a single click. Start up is by putting SKJuke in windows startup group.

IMG_3565a.jpg.8bfe88c5611d6df6f00556515c681cfc.jpg

IMG_3564a.jpg.a3c5db4b9a2c40a78d9115e8dc4179ea.jpg

It all works, but I think shutdown is a bit inelegant. Also some clown, who may have been me :redface, switched power off without shutdown and the solid state hdd did not like it - had to do a windows recover of some sort.

It all works, but I think shutdown is a bit inelegant. Also some clown, who may have been me :redface, switched power off without shutdown and the solid state hdd did not like it - had to do a windows recover of some sort.

Yep, Windows didn't shut down correctly error then you need to connect a keyboard to hit F1.

I like your design fitting the PC bits into the box.

I want to make one like this one day.

Also like that you called the AC plug IEC. I used to have arguments with the old fellow at work who kept calling them jug plugs. Unfortunately his incorrectness had infected the others there before I started working there. Jug plugs are the old large figure 8 plugs which Birco (spelling) jugs used.

Inlet power is a single IEC switched fused input connector. This feeds to two psus; one for the pc and the other for the monitor and amp. The red button is pc reset button which is set in windows (XP) to shut down pc. These elements are basically out of sight for the user, all they see is the touch screen and by and large most people seem able to use it without instruction. Youngsters tend to try and swipe rather than just touch - the way I have it set is a touch is a single click. Start up is by putting SKJuke in windows startup group.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]115054[/ATTACH]

Can I ask which motherboard you're using?

Sorry, can't remember - maybe an atom something? It was about $40 from ebay a few years ago. It was selected primarily for size as I wanted to make the box as thin as possible for wall mounting. I tried duocores but with the large fan they have they were too deep. I ended up with an air vent on the bottom and a fan on top for cooling. Has been going well for a few years now.

There's a thread on my build here http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/75232-Scratch-built-wall-mount-touch-screen-Juke the pics are gone due to photobucket, but the direct link to them is http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/Pinball_pictures/library/Juke?sort=6&page=1