State
      SA
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Quoted
      6 Post(s)
      Australia

Pinball lift cart options

I was looking to buy a pinball lift cart and was wondering where is the best place to buy them and what price I should be paying (is this something I can pick up from supercheap auto). I would also like to know if anyone has come up with an alternative cheaper solution. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

is 5k poorer since the tooth has
      been fixed

Happy

State
      nsw
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Quoted
      127 Post(s)
      Australia
      i bought one from hare and forbes machinery..$250..great little machine..easy to modify if you want to as some AAs have..i just kept mine as it was..

is collecting the vacation
      planner jackpot! :P

Amused

State
      South Australia
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Quoted
      25 Post(s)
      Australia
      I have an industrial scissor table I optained second hand that works great. It is rated to 500kg which is a bit of overkill but its dimensions are perfect. Downfall is it's maybe too heavy... can still load it into ute on my own so I am happy with it. I have modified it with a centre row of wheels so it has the ability to revolve about the centre point if needed.

This user has no status.

Awesome

State
      Queensland
      Mentioned
      20 Post(s)
      Quoted
      65 Post(s)
      Australia
      Are the centre wheels fixed or swivel? Are they slightly bigger than the external wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

----

State
      SA
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Quoted
      6 Post(s)
      Australia

Has anyone used these Pinball Dollies Skates Movers as a cheaper option and if so are they ok. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PINBALL-D...-/182369356057

I don't need to move my machines often although would like something that works when needed. Not trying to get cheap just wondering if anyone has had any luck with these.

is apparently now not so

Angry

State
      Newcastle Australia
      Mentioned
      146 Post(s)
      Quoted
      1205 Post(s)
      Australia
      I use both.
      The dollies are good when you need to just move a machine around a bit when working on them.

The other trolleys are good if you have to load multiple machines or travel rough ground.

Both options are good but the dollies are a good starting point.

I also have the 500 kg version and can't lift it onto the ute anymore.

The Artist Formally Known As #1

This user has no status.

----

State
      SA
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Quoted
      6 Post(s)
      Australia

That's great feedback as I only move them around occasionally. Might try the dollies and see how they go.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

This user has no status.

----

State
      Qld
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Quoted
      24 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by Martymart View Post
      Has anyone used these Pinball Dollies Skates Movers as a cheaper option and if so are they ok. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PINBALL-D...-/182369356057

I don't need to move my machines often although would like something that works when needed. Not trying to get cheap just wondering if anyone has had any luck with these.

I use the dollies, I got them from Bunnings for about $10ea. Have come in handy many times but a trolley would be better for taking the legs of etc.

is collecting the vacation
      planner jackpot! :P

Amused

State
      South Australia
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Quoted
      25 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by Mitchjjam View Post
      Are the centre wheels fixed or swivel? Are they slightly bigger than the external wheels.

The original trolley has swiveling shopping trolley style wheels at the handle end, and fixed in line wheels at the far end. They are sturdee poly-eurethane treaded suckers. This setup was okay for most situations, but pivoting the trolley about the far end sometimes restrained manouverability, and it could make things difficult moving through doorways with a raised doorstep. The wheels I added in the halfway point were a rigid cross axle on an overcenter cantilever setup with an old armchair spring. The spring is strong enough to raise the axle about its pivot so that the centre wheels hang about 10mm above flat ground. When they are needed the trolly is lifted by the handle and spare foot pushes cantilever axle into lower position. The wheight of the load holds it there and leaves front and back wheels 10mm clear of flat ground. This then allows the machine and trolley to be manouvered rotating about the centre of trolley. To return to using front and back wheels, taking the weight at trolley handle causes chair spring to retract "undercarriage" to up position. This setup also helps with wheeling over the doorway steps. Still in development, but happy to add pics later if you would like more info about the idea. Cheers

is n't

Crazy

State
      Melbourne
      Mentioned
      32 Post(s)
      Quoted
      130 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
      The original trolley has swiveling shopping trolley style wheels at the handle end, and fixed in line wheels at the far end. They are sturdee poly-eurethane treaded suckers. This setup was okay for most situations, but pivoting the trolley about the far end sometimes restrained manouverability, and it could make things difficult moving through doorways with a raised doorstep. The wheels I added in the halfway point were a rigid cross axle on an overcenter cantilever setup with an old armchair spring. The spring is strong enough to raise the axle about its pivot so that the centre wheels hang about 10mm above flat ground. When they are needed the trolly is lifted by the handle and spare foot pushes cantilever axle into lower position. The wheight of the load holds it there and leaves front and back wheels 10mm clear of flat ground. This then allows the machine and trolley to be manouvered rotating about the centre of trolley. To return to using front and back wheels, taking the weight at trolley handle causes chair spring to retract "undercarriage" to up position. This setup also helps with wheeling over the doorway steps. Still in development, but happy to add pics later if you would like more info about the idea. Cheers
      Sounds like an interesting set up. would like to see some pictures please.
      Cheers,
      Nick

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information