Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball lift cart options

I was looking to buy a pinball lift cart and was wondering where is the best place to buy them and what price I should be paying (is this something I can pick up from supercheap auto). I would also like to know if anyone has come up with an alternative cheaper solution. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an industrial scissor table I optained second hand that works great. It is rated to 500kg which is a bit of overkill but its dimensions are perfect. Downfall is it's maybe too heavy... can still load it into ute on my own so I am happy with it. I have modified it with a centre row of wheels so it has the ability to revolve about the centre point if needed. :)

Has anyone used these Pinball Dollies Skates Movers as a cheaper option and if so are they ok. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PINBALL-DOLLIES-SKATES-MOVERS-SET-OF-4-/182369356057

I don't need to move my machines often although would like something that works when needed. Not trying to get cheap just wondering if anyone has had any luck with these.

I use both.

The dollies are good when you need to just move a machine around a bit when working on them.

The other trolleys are good if you have to load multiple machines or travel rough ground.

Both options are good but the dollies are a good starting point.

I also have the 500 kg version and can't lift it onto the ute anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone used these Pinball Dollies Skates Movers as a cheaper option and if so are they ok. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PINBALL-DOLLIES-SKATES-MOVERS-SET-OF-4-/182369356057

I don't need to move my machines often although would like something that works when needed. Not trying to get cheap just wondering if anyone has had any luck with these.

I use the dollies, I got them from Bunnings for about $10ea. Have come in handy many times but a trolley would be better for taking the legs of etc.

Are the centre wheels fixed or swivel? Are they slightly bigger than the external wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original trolley has swiveling shopping trolley style wheels at the handle end, and fixed in line wheels at the far end. They are sturdee poly-eurethane treaded suckers. This setup was okay for most situations, but pivoting the trolley about the far end sometimes restrained manouverability, and it could make things difficult moving through doorways with a raised doorstep. The wheels I added in the halfway point were a rigid cross axle on an overcenter cantilever setup with an old armchair spring. The spring is strong enough to raise the axle about its pivot so that the centre wheels hang about 10mm above flat ground. When they are needed the trolly is lifted by the handle and spare foot pushes cantilever axle into lower position. The wheight of the load holds it there and leaves front and back wheels 10mm clear of flat ground. This then allows the machine and trolley to be manouvered rotating about the centre of trolley. To return to using front and back wheels, taking the weight at trolley handle causes chair spring to retract "undercarriage" to up position. This setup also helps with wheeling over the doorway steps. Still in development, but happy to add pics later if you would like more info about the idea. Cheers :)

The original trolley has swiveling shopping trolley style wheels at the handle end, and fixed in line wheels at the far end. They are sturdee poly-eurethane treaded suckers. This setup was okay for most situations, but pivoting the trolley about the far end sometimes restrained manouverability, and it could make things difficult moving through doorways with a raised doorstep. The wheels I added in the halfway point were a rigid cross axle on an overcenter cantilever setup with an old armchair spring. The spring is strong enough to raise the axle about its pivot so that the centre wheels hang about 10mm above flat ground. When they are needed the trolly is lifted by the handle and spare foot pushes cantilever axle into lower position. The wheight of the load holds it there and leaves front and back wheels 10mm clear of flat ground. This then allows the machine and trolley to be manouvered rotating about the centre of trolley. To return to using front and back wheels, taking the weight at trolley handle causes chair spring to retract "undercarriage" to up position. This setup also helps with wheeling over the doorway steps. Still in development, but happy to add pics later if you would like more info about the idea. Cheers :)

Sounds like an interesting set up. would like to see some pictures please.

Cheers,

Nick

I have to collect a machine this arvo or tomorrow, I will take a couple of pictures of the trolley and the process I have developed so far. The whole thing came about with the desire to move machines around easily, single handed, and without damage.... I'm stuck at work still for a few hours yet...

I have been using this type for the last 9 years - Works a treat but you have to add some blocks of wood to get the height.

Slides through all machine era legs and is handy changing legs. Would not be suitable over rough terrain.

atv2.jpg.1f2c5a67b48458050f1bc35324be20c6.jpgdolly1.JPG.88e4623169ec3631a0062bb59b9b1465.JPG

I was looking to buy a pinball lift cart and was wondering where is the best place to buy them and what price I should be paying (is this something I can pick up from supercheap auto). I would also like to know if anyone has come up with an alternative cheaper solution. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Type in lifter in the searck bar.

Lots of threads on this.

Lifter trolley is a far better investment for the long term i my opinion. Ive got one for the games room and one for the shed. No bending or fiddling around lifting legs and easy to slide a machine onto a trailer. Also stores away nicely under a machine once you remove the handle. Just remember to get the smallest width one as the next one up can be a tad wide for some older machines.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bite the bullet and get one of these from Games Masters In Preston Melbourne I got one for the shed and it's one of the best investments I have ever made, yes it's more expensive but there purpose built and it makes it a breeze to move games around and strip legs of for loading pinballs solo into a ute

http://www.gamemasters.com.au/about/other-products/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20170801_164538.thumb.jpg.61786a1266328388838f5abd676db8ca.jpg

20170801_164546.thumb.jpg.4194acc949c865e4254c67aab7473804.jpg

Originally the handle folded down onto the bed. I removed it and oriented it so it folds down instead.

- - - Updated - - -

20170801_164330.thumb.jpg.a2225e01a85e36b472d17d37269e0b9e.jpg

20170801_164449.thumb.jpg.d98ff5c7507e37ab87877f253b948ef7.jpg

20170801_164512.thumb.jpg.aa72ff30f37e3e039496c91823c83b1b.jpg

Then, as need is the mother of invention, I developed this third wheel arangement...

- - - Updated - - -

20170801_164355.thumb.jpg.319226b2188d0d9805eec0b9fa1ae735.jpg

Before all of this though, I damaged one of my first machines through transport, sliding on the tray of an F100 frayed some bits of it's cabinet base. Once again, need and invention.... I came up with this pallet idea....

20170801_162820.thumb.jpg.e46c76b351fe0bc52546edee3f58f08d.jpg

20170801_162827.thumb.jpg.9be7df1655aab16ac7ebc01fab875d06.jpg

This has worked really well, and allows legs to be removed while machine sits on frame...

I have some further pics with demonstration that I took yesterday, I will put those up later when I get another bit of free time...

Cheers :)

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. There is one frame for regular games and another for widebody, in case this is not obvious ;)

Before all of this though, I damaged one of my first machines through transport, sliding on the tray of an F100 frayed some bits of it's cabinet base. Once again, need and invention.... I came up with this pallet idea....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]114173[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]114174[/ATTACH]

This has worked really well, and allows legs to be removed while machine sits on frame...

I have some further pics with demonstration that I took yesterday, I will put those up later when I get another bit of free time...

Cheers :)

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. There is one frame for regular games and another for widebody, in case this is not obvious ;)

Great idea. I use a large piece of thick cardboard (from buying a new fridge) to slide a pin in & out of the back of a vehicle but haven't had to do it often so I can see this would be handy for those regularly moving machines