Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball Dimensions for new car purchase.

About to buy a new car and forgot to measure the height of both Bally Williams 90's and new Sterns when folded down. The car I'm looking at is a 2012 Ford Mondeo Wagon.

Measuring the opening in the back is 75cm. From what I've seen online that's about the height of the pins. I won't be home to measure for a while so if someone can help me ASAP that would be great.

Thanks!!

I'm home now so started the thread for nothing. B/w.

About 75cm deep but that backbox hinge is also there.... So unless you take it off you need a tiny bit more clearance

57 across the front

Pinball Dimensions for new car purchase.

Thanks Dave. Woah. 75cm folded down. Exactly what I measured in the car. The opening is up top is about 1cm of cushioning so hopefully ok?

Not telling you how to suck eggs but if the car doesn't have a flat floor level with the bumper lip you can't just measure the gap in the door. You need to put something like a thin piece of ply about as long as a pin in the back with it resting on the lip and then measure perpendicularly from the sheet lying flat to the top door lip. My 2012 VW Passat is too tight and the Mondeo is a similar size. Best of luck.

Edited by 1.21 Gigawatts

I've got a 2012 Mondeo Wagon, and whilst B/W pins do fit in the back, height wise it is pretty tight.

Last ones I put in the back of mine, the backbox scraped against the headlining at the opening of the tailgate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just get yourself one of the last Holden Utes ever to be made , not only will you look Cool , but if your not to afraid to scratch it you can throw a machine or two in the back ,
What happens when it rains!

That's half the fun looking at the sky , and thinking it's not going to rain we're in Melbourne right !!!, , then driving down the freeway at breakneck speeds , straight into the black clouds heart racing only to make it home just in time , oh the stress

Falcon wagons would be one of the biggest but a VT to VZ Commodore wagon fits them in nicely and. I rusk of getting wet in the rain.

Also wagons are cheaper to register and insure than utes

Edited by Boots

While we are only talking about B/W games , Testing my memory a bit but my ACDC when it was NIB from AMD, it just squeezed into the VZ wagon while it was still in the box.

Also, I can't remember if it was DE/sega like TMNT or Gott. sys3 that just misses fitting in (by about a cm in the top corners) with out undoing the hinges and sliding the headbox down the cab a couple of inches.

I currently have a VT wagon that's nearing the end of its days. It most definitely fits a Stern NIB while still in box which is super cool.

Was looking at getting a VZ or VY to replace it but really want something more modern with some luxury for the first time in my life haha.

By all accounts it seems I'll be able to get them in the Mondeo just with slight rubbing on material bit at the opening of the back (worst description) when sliding them in.

My girlfriend has a X-Trail which fits them no problems so that's nice for a backup I guess.

Seems hard to find a 2010 and up wagon with enough clearance. I don't want a SUV as the missus already has one and I have my own 4X4 as well.

First world pinball nerd problems :P

Thanks Dave. Woah. 75cm folded down. Exactly what I measured in the car. The opening is up top is about 1cm of cushioning so hopefully ok?

Captiva 5 i hired when picking up our old Totan i had to push the foam up about 5 mm. Captiva 7 i know have fits in with 10mm to spare