Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Which EM is better?

robm

I am going to have a look at a potential small stash of machines. To my knowledge they include an SS Gottlieb The Games and the following EMs

High hand

El dorado

Pro football

Boomerang

It sounds like they are going to be in average condition at best and i think unused for the last 7 or so years.

Dunno if i will strike a deal or not but wondering if there are one or two standout machines from the above?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

El Dorado probably the most desirable - so many drops and was made in many forms so it sold well back in the day, indicates how popular it was - Solar City, Canada Dry, Target Alpha

High Hand next for me because GTB card theme EMs are pretty cool and have good rule sets

the other two are ok too.

I have a pro football and it gets played very regularly 2-4 times a week, funnily enough I don't really get bored of playing it.

Also watching starsky and Hutch today on 7mate and Huggie Bear had a Pro Football in his Pinball Parlour, couldn't pick the other game though.

Old mate isnt here but his wife said to poke around....all definitely average however the games fires up and you can play a game with 1 working flipper and no sound. Hopefully he turns up and will see what he says 5298c70d3e0b25f79712916135db707a.jpg94e61c68c87f625261deb3cb8af2eee1.jpge22c6db1a6741e0a89092a0904e57fcf.jpg8b00461a718385d571e1211308986bcf.jpg95532f11933ae81a42061b2d9e76b5d8.jpgb6b002c5dbe1efb315b67748b31e4996.jpg31e2cc4b9f4b6ca5051051b43b77723d.jpg24d7269c03ca74160e08e973a1250117.jpg99cc8deb56fa9b14b35f3bee072fd2fb.jpg

Well unfortunately couldn't crack a deal. There were two more i didn't get pics of a High Hand which was actually in OK nick, reds still in backglass and cab in OK shape and minimal wear on pf, it did start a game, however score reels were struggling and no chimes. Also a big brave that the motor just kept spinning.

The pics don't show everything, but most cabs were delaminating badly and almost all had some degree of pf wear.

The fella is a typical hoarder - claimed he had 'a mate' who could fix them for a carton of beer and he would rather give them to his kids than sell. He was fixated on the fact that a lot of them owed him around $800. I tried to explain that they may have owed him that when they were working and everything wasn't so shagged, but he wasn't interested.

So a bit bummed, particularly as it was a 3.5hr round trip, and i planned to meet him at 8:30am and he eventually showed up at 11:30, not much to do cruising the streets of Charters Towers on a Saturday morning!! I will follow it up in 6 months, but suspect they will still be there in 5yrs....

Well unfortunately couldn't crack a deal. There were two more i didn't get pics of a High Hand which was actually in OK nick, reds still in backglass and cab in OK shape and minimal wear on pf, it did start a game, however score reels were struggling and no chimes. Also a big brave that the motor just kept spinning.

The pics don't show everything, but most cabs were delaminating badly and almost all had some degree of pf wear.

The fella is a typical hoarder - claimed he had 'a mate' who could fix them for a carton of beer and he would rather give them to his kids than sell. He was fixated on the fact that a lot of them owed him around $800. I tried to explain that they may have owed him that when they were working and everything wasn't so shagged, but he wasn't interested.

So a bit bummed, particularly as it was a 3.5hr round trip, and i planned to meet him at 8:30am and he eventually showed up at 11:30, not much to do cruising the streets of Charters Towers on a Saturday morning!! I will follow it up in 6 months, but suspect they will still be there in 5yrs....

I feel your pain had the same experience a while back where the owner would rather let 4 machines sit in a 3 sided shed to rot because she thought one day her 8 year old son would benefit from them. The only thing benefitting was the 30 or so cat who had decided to piss all over.

****ing hoarder mentality has ruined many a good project not only pinballs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true Tony.

Bit of a shame really as a work colleague has a mancave that is heavily Australiana and after visiting my humble garage he asked if any pinballs would suit his theme. Boomerang came to mind and after he googled it he's asked me to keep an ear open for a nice example of one. This example maybe not:(

• Administrators

Silly bigger probably thinks the games are worth more with every year that passes. Sadly that is seldom true of items left to rot in a shed like that.

You are the King of busted restores Rob, but even you should probably have left that lot alone :)

Dave

From the look of the rust on the legs and coin door I would say there would probably be mould/rust inside also, wouldn't surprise me if water runs through that place when it rains, can see a bit of sky in those photos.

I think you saved yourself a massive headache.

The trouble with this type of hoarder is they see it in their heads as if it was brand new. They don't see reality, sadly for us guys it's a real sickness.
That is exacly correct. Old mate acknowledged there was wear on pf, cab fallibg apart, not working and faded backglass but to him it was still a pinball machine and pinball machines are worth at least $1000. I wonder what he would have wanted for a mint condition one....if he followed the same logic maybe i could have gotten it cheap!