Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mancave Complete

Hi all,

Ive spent the last 4 years build this mancave, finally Im living the dream!

IMAG0015.thumb.jpg.2bf9aa1783e321aced175404e222db06.jpgIMAG0013.thumb.jpg.6f3865575c24c536d88b791559e3fc2f.jpg

These are a couple of racing sims I built. The design is loosly based on the Aerial Atom And you have to climb in to them. I wanted it to feel like you are sitting in a racecar (which it does).

IMAG0005.thumb.jpg.1ad44551c1da491f8e0607826252bb48.jpg

This is my 1st arcade machine, it has a 68 in 1 JAMMA PCB. I painted the artwork myself, I thought it turned out so well for an amateur.

IMAG1038-20170721-054418204.thumb.jpg.d6ac50b45c7c8ccb978d458327c07ea3.jpg

IMAG0331-20170721-054536186.thumb.jpg.c19119aee4cbd9a10d2d3692db2cd3d6.jpg

I make beer from grain, this is a brew stand i made, the brewing system is called a Grainfather and it fits into a cupboard when not in use.

IMAG0188-20170721-054544970.thumb.jpg.4ec6566da32cdcfb3038c0c6838c06cf.jpg

IMAG0018.thumb.jpg.3b20d4aecf77b358184fc6337410fc7f.jpgIMAG0012.thumb.jpg.ca51caee5257e6f1d9918e1e2b5fbdcc.jpg

These are a couple of new machines for the mancave. Both can have JAMMA PCBs but Im only doing that with 1. The control panel has a shelf for a PS2 and light guns, they will be system linked together for proper 2 player time crisis (1 player per screen)

IMAG0240.thumb.jpg.7949d894591ae711fa63f72c7204c0f9.jpg

IMAG0225.thumb.jpg.cad2092e38ac44e82dd351c920dfad9a.jpg

IMAG0014.thumb.jpg.8774ca92e52f42892c83701244b2d3e6.jpg

There is also an 8ft slate pool table and some mancave bling on the walls

IMAG0124.thumb.jpg.df6b856dcabe7825706eabb277f79c3e.jpg

And a wooden routed slotcar track with timing computer

IMAG0006.thumb.jpg.bb9f48d72c0d33819c2692cb53bf86a9.jpg

Thats about it for now. I want a pinball machine too but Im not allowed to buy one (yet)... Working on it though [emoji12]

Ned

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

• Like 1

great looking room

you are right, it needs a pinball machine

Thanks and yes, a pinball will be there one day. I was looking at building a virtual pinball machine but have come to the conclusion I want a real one, and something cool like a Terminator 2 one, ive seen them in good nick for around $4k. Id love a Theatre of magic pinball but they are 9k, so a bit hard to justify.

Nice Cave! I love the cool driving sims. Look like real GoKarts, great idea. That Slot car track is nice too. Enjoy your room. :)

Thanks! I looked online for ideas and there were plenty of frames to hold the wheel, pedals etc but not much like a full cockpit. There was one that was a full 1:1 scale F1 car, wheels and all (needs a lot of space), and another that had half of a real cars dash with instruments etc but nothing like what I eventually made. The floor moves forward too so kids can play. There are also kits that tilt the cockpit in every direction to simulate Gs, they were cool butway too exe, well over $10k, prob closer to $15-$20k :S

Wow nice job mate. Like the custom work.

Maybe collect some advertising signs for the walls,give more atmosphere

Thanks mate! Yeah, its a work in progress in regards to character enhancing stuff. Ive finished the beer bottle/can collection

IMAG0202.thumb.jpg.429bc64e79479b4877314028ee1803a0.jpgIMAG0145.thumb.jpg.2d379673128f7b941074a71bcfc3dbd3.jpg

I also though a Zombie apocalypse case would be good so i made one

IMAG0247.thumb.jpg.5622adec191ff1badf1e22df8b0cf1cb.jpg

Might look for some beer advert stuff :)

Excellent variety. A pinball yes, maybe two but hey, you are accommodating for all tastes as I see it.

Your PSIIs are cool but modded original Xboxes are better especially when you link them. All the games, 500GB hard drives in each machine will have all the original Xbox games you will want and if you want to play singles, boot up "Midway's Arcade Classics"

Here is a list of the games. Not bad for a console that is $40 to buy, can plug straight into any TV and are the exact games as played in the Arcades because Midway put the game together.

56232_back.jpg

Excellent variety. A pinball yes, maybe two but hey, you are accommodating for all tastes as I see it.

Your PSIIs are cool but modded original Xboxes are better especially when you link them. All the games, 500GB hard drives in each machine will have all the original Xbox games you will want and if you want to play singles, boot up "Midway's Arcade Classics"

Here is a list of the games. Not bad for a console that is $40 to buy, can plug straight into any TV and are the exact games as played in the Arcades because Midway put the game together.

56232_back.jpg

Thanks man, yeah, i wanted a bit of everything, and also I love it all! I even have a 3/4 size airhockey table that I got because it folds up and fits under the slotcar track (its a tornado air slammer). Its pretty good but no where near as good as a full size one. Compromises... As for the racing sims, I have 2 ps2 thins on standby incase no one figures out how to trick GT6 into thinking its connecting to the playstation server after Sony shuts it down so at least head to head racing is still possible. System link was stopped after GT4 and GT4 is a bit primitive compared to GT6. Might go PC eventually as it supports LAN. I can put anything in the frames. The wheel/pedal set is a logitec G27, works with everything, and was the best wheelset available when i got it, and at a great price, about $200 each new from memory. Building 2 sims was a bit exe, about $1500 each complete (ie TV, console, metal, paint, etc). Ive had people ask me how much to build them one but i said it wasnt feasible once my time was factored in ($4k-$5k each).

Great room no wonder it took you so long to get it the way you wanted congrats

Thankyou, appreciation is always appreciated! I might move a few things, but its pretty much done. The checker plate wall is actual aluminium checker plate. It was a bit exe. I thought it would be cool and was told it was a dumb idea. I did it anyway and no one who has seen it in person has said anything except how awesome it looks (like a pit garage)

Great room no wonder it took you so long to get it the way you wanted congrats

Thanks and yes, a pinball will be there one day. I was looking at building a virtual pinball machine but have come to the conclusion I want a real one, and something cool like a Terminator 2 one, ive seen them in good nick for around $4k. Id love a Theatre of magic pinball but they are 9k, so a bit hard to justify.

Very nice, and such a variety.

Pool, darts, Slot car etc etc.....

Love it :)

Yeah, its a private bar, trying to squeeze in as much as I can... I'm very lucky, bought a place with a full basement (Built into the side of a hill). The original owner had no imagination, I saw it and realised it's full potential. He saw storage, I built overhead storage in the 4 car garage and went to work on higher level things in the basement...

Bloody nice job there mate. I think you've just raised the bar;)

I'm envious at the amount of room you have to use, good fortune to you.

Two pins I'm thinking but put them at opposite ends of the room as far apart as possible otherwise they'll breed:)

Edit: I've an AFX slot car set with almost 5km of track( well seems like it) that I set up once a year in October. That's a lot of fun

May I also suggest a dart board, electronic or normal - Also a lot of group fun.

Bloody nice job there mate. I think you've just raised the bar;)

I'm envious at the amount of room you have to use, good fortune to you.

Two pins I'm thinking but put them at opposite ends of the room as far apart as possible otherwise they'll breed:)

Edit: I've an AFX slot car set with almost 5km of track( well seems like it) that I set up once a year in October. That's a lot of fun

May I also suggest a dart board, electronic or normal - Also a lot of group fun.

Thanks mate, I appreciate your input. I have a dart board in the cave that was my dads when he was a boy. it's still good and over 55 years old. It was mine as a youth also! They don't make em like they use to! :)

It def is, pity only 2 cars fit due to all the other CRAP... Workin on it ;)

Thanks mate, I appreciate your input. I have a dart board in the cave that was my dads when he was a boy. it's still good and over 55 years old. It was mine as a youth also! They don't make em like they use to! :)

I bought a new dart board for the farm pool room and one of my mates insisted using his one year old dart's club board instead.

They change them yearly so it was free.

I seriously couldn't care less so in went his one-year-old, very much used dart board.

He was right. Being a well-used dart board, the darts never fall out and the quality of the board was obviously much higher than my one I bought from Rebel Sports.

Can't argue with free and the board must be very high quality, I imagine it would have had more darts in it than mine if it was used by a club. My dart board is constructed differently to the modern ones once I've seen. It's like an inch was sliced off a big roll of paper rather than being compressed "straws" if that makes sense. I don't know if that is any better but it has lasted a very long time and darts stick in it so that'll do. It's the only dart board I've ever had :)

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, that is just awesome!

I want one!

You can buy them but I didn't really like anything that was available commercially. There are some really cool ones that people in America build and put real guns in them, but here in Aus that would be illegal so I had to make it, so it's a lot less realistic. A bigger cabinet would have been good so I could fit a pistol and one of those hip flask shaped whiskey bottles, maybe a saw with zombie medical kit written on it... but the size was limited by what I had leftover in perspex and wood from other projects. The sawn off shotgun is made from a single piece of 90x45mm pine cut and sanded to shape and the barrels are PVC pipe. The shells are 21mm dowel pieces with a slither of PVC pipe to make them look the right shape. The wood is the same wood I built the bar top and mancave kitchen bench out of which is Acacia wood panel which Bunnings sell as 600mm x 2200mm pieces. Lastly, the lettering I ordered online, you can order it so it sticks from the inside and it looks way better than trying to stencil the letters on yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

awesome room

very lucky to have all that space . give it bit and you`ll be whingeing that youve got no room left for the next toy.:D

love your custom work

how much work involved in the slot car table ? i`d love one but for the space ( been whinging about this for a bit;) )

• 3 weeks later...