Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Anyone own one of these and could help me out

Manta

Question

Gday

I recently purchased one of these machines and am just trying to get my head around how it works. From what I can tell it seems to have a motherboard and then a family all in one board

It's been a little temperamental and sometimes does not load. I am thinking moyherboardIMG_7284.thumb.jpg.90d10e81bc8ed809241cb2ddfcc4fa0e.jpg

12 answers to this question

Will need to see the game board inside first. Mostly likely a games family board, it could be anything from corrupt hard drive to faulty ram. Can also try reseating the ram sticks and see if that's helps. You'll need to open it up and remove the top board to do that

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

As stated above, most likely problem is Ram stick. Clean and re-seat ram stick/sticks on mainboard, normally DDR ram on a Pentium 4/Celeron based PC.

Not hard to find an old 512mb DDR stick to replace it with.

If this does not help check for leaking/swollen caps on mainboard, these things run hot so check that CPU heat sink and fan are clean and clear of dust as it will cause overheating.

Good luck.

Cool. Will try and find a manual for it as well as that should help

- - - Updated - - -

So the games family box is plugged into a separate computer motherboard but the looks of it. I thought it would be an all in one board.

Could it be replaced with one of those 138 in 1 boards and eliminate the need for a pc/windows motherboard

Ok I have made some head way, I think that what I thought is the motherboard is actually the power supply for the monitor, this seems to be what I am having issues with. Does it matter that I have it plugged into a power board?

It works after a few goes at switching it on and off again but probably on its way out, also the games family unit has me a bit stumped as I imagine its getting video from the Jamma connection.

Would it be hard to swap over to a LCD and still use the game box? I don't see a vga connection

image1.thumb.JPG.e21e2a02099a92446a4f84abfb1b303a.JPGimage2.thumb.JPG.0e8ee8e7c6bde5bae8d44ec59c485ed6.JPGimage3.thumb.JPG.60437fe925a8c4025111393389894d86.JPGimage4.thumb.JPG.1c5512eb379b72eea181476221f81064.JPG

That 'power supply' is the monitor chassis, if you don't have any other Jamma boards to test with then yeh you could try plugging a vga monitor into the gamebox. You will need to open it up as I said, there's a vga slot on the main board. Yes it gets video from Jamma but u can also switch it to vga through the system menu, which will need a keyboard plugged in to access the menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I've got one of the baby star games family and mine decided to die too a few days ago. Comes up with hard disk error load so I'm thinking it may be the hard drive but will also try what the others have said in previous posts about RAM. It's been playing up for a while now.