State
      TAS
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Quoted
      16 Post(s)
      Australia

location location

hi is there any members out there that have a good knowledge of where to find pins and whats about in tas

is taming a Paragon

Happy

State
      Shepparton Vic
      Mentioned
      126 Post(s)
      Quoted
      1149 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by TWS View Post
      hi is there any members out there that have a good knowledge of where to find pins and whats about in tas
      @DKong @Rat

I'm sure the Tas boys will be along soon.

is Through dark sunken eyes I see
      another pale sunrise

Innocent

State
      Tasmania
      Mentioned
      188 Post(s)
      Quoted
      1121 Post(s)
      Australia
      Hi TWS are you on facebook? if so join the FB group in my sig and search for the post pinballs on location, bump the post also as it's probably time that Tye updated it as he operates a few pins in Hobart and I think some of them have been moved around since that thread was current.
      Head 2 Head Tassie Pinball & Arcade gaming meet is on again - Sat 11th of Nov - Click HERE for thread or PM for more info

This user has no status.

----

State
      TAS
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Quoted
      16 Post(s)
      Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
      Hi TWS are you on facebook? if so join the FB group in my sig and search for the post pinballs on location, bump the post also as it's probably time that Tye updated it as he operates a few pins in Hobart and I think some of them have been moved around since that thread was current.
      not a big Facebook user but ill look into it where do you normally see them for sale?

is Welcome to AA! That's
      fantastic.

Happy

State
      victoria
      Mentioned
      5 Post(s)
      Quoted
      154 Post(s)
      Australia
      not a big Facebook user but ill look into it where do you normally see them for sale?
      FB seems to be the rage as the advertising is free and alerts are instant

This user has no status.

----

State
      TAS
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Quoted
      16 Post(s)
      Australia

the Facebook page listed above?

another pale sunrise

Innocent

State
      Tasmania
      Mentioned
      188 Post(s)
      Quoted
      1121 Post(s)
      Australia
      the Facebook page listed above?
      Pinballs are not often advertised exclusively for sale on the Tassie Pinball and Arcade FB group mostly because it is a relatively small audience, there are 100 members. That said a few games have been sold within the group and members often post links to games that are for sale in Tasmania on Gumtree and eBay.

As for your question "where do you buy them?" My personal experience is that I have bought 5 pinballs over the last 8 years, one from a local collector, one from a trusted member on Aussie Arcade in Queensland, one NIB from a distributor in Vic, one each from Aussie Arcade sponsors Pinball Shed and Pinball Classics. I have only sold one pin and that went back to Mainland, my preference is they stay here

If you want to limit your search to Tassie you will also be very limited in choice and you will need to be very patient, if you are looking for a particular title chances are it will never turn up locally. Take your time, check out the trusted AA sponsors shops, keep an eye on the AA pins for sale section, subscribe to searches on Gumtree and eBay, "like" pinball sellers on Facebook.

Shipping to Tas can cost between $250 and $600 depending on carrier and insurance and pick up etc etc and can be a PIA to organise, but it is doable, easier if a store sorts it for you though.

The problem is not where to look it's that there are too many places to look, other problem is prices of popular titles is insane right now, my opinion is pricing is probably near peak and will start to come down slowly now before it drops off a cliff in 10 years when everyone tries to sell them at the same time to fund their retirement.

To decide what title you want you can play the games on Pinball Arcade on most popular gaming platforms, read reviews on http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl and watch youtube gameplay. Also go to meets and take note of what you enjoyed playing, you just missed out on a meet at Devonport that had a great collection of pins to play. We don't have many meets in Tas but when we do they are usually advertised on our FB group. If you are serious about collecting then check out the meets section on AA and go to some mainland or NZ meets. Plenty of pinball arcades with great titles in Melbourne to visit also, paying $200 to go to Melb to play pinball is cheap compared to buying a pin.

Then there is the whole other subject of how you evaluate condition, this is something you will need to research or you will potentially be disappointed with your purchase.

Take your time and enjoy the chase.......I just purchased another pin last week and was hoping to have it here this weekend but the soundcard failed on his final test before shipping so now I'm waiting for that to be repaired and I'm not sure when my game will turn up. The patience required in this hobby is huge, I waited 7 years to get my Asteroids multiboard.
      Head 2 Head Tassie Pinball & Arcade gaming meet is on again - Sat 11th of Nov - Click HERE for thread or PM for more info

This user has no status.

----

State
      TAS
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Quoted
      16 Post(s)
      Australia

Pinballs are not often advertised exclusively for sale on the Tassie Pinball and Arcade FB group mostly because it is a relatively small audience, there are 100 members. That said a few games have been sold within the group and members often post links to games that are for sale in Tasmania on Gumtree and eBay.

As for your question "where do you buy them?" My personal experience is that I have bought 5 pinballs over the last 8 years, one from a local collector, one from a trusted member on Aussie Arcade in Queensland, one NIB from a distributor in Vic, one each from Aussie Arcade sponsors Pinball Shed and Pinball Classics. I have only sold one pin and that went back to Mainland, my preference is they stay here

If you want to limit your search to Tassie you will also be very limited in choice and you will need to be very patient, if you are looking for a particular title chances are it will never turn up locally. Take your time, check out the trusted AA sponsors shops, keep an eye on the AA pins for sale section, subscribe to searches on Gumtree and eBay, "like" pinball sellers on Facebook.

Shipping to Tas can cost between $250 and $600 depending on carrier and insurance and pick up etc etc and can be a PIA to organise, but it is doable, easier if a store sorts it for you though.

The problem is not where to look it's that there are too many places to look, other problem is prices of popular titles is insane right now, my opinion is pricing is probably near peak and will start to come down slowly now before it drops off a cliff in 10 years when everyone tries to sell them at the same time to fund their retirement.

To decide what title you want you can play the games on Pinball Arcade on most popular gaming platforms, read reviews on http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl and watch youtube gameplay. Also go to meets and take note of what you enjoyed playing, you just missed out on a meet at Devonport that had a great collection of pins to play. We don't have many meets in Tas but when we do they are usually advertised on our FB group. If you are serious about collecting then check out the meets section on AA and go to some mainland or NZ meets. Plenty of pinball arcades with great titles in Melbourne to visit also, paying $200 to go to Melb to play pinball is cheap compared to buying a pin.

Then there is the whole other subject of how you evaluate condition, this is something you will need to research or you will potentially be disappointed with your purchase.

Take your time and enjoy the chase.......I just purchased another pin last week and was hoping to have it here this weekend but the soundcard failed on his final test before shipping so now I'm waiting for that to be repaired and I'm not sure when my game will turn up. The patience required in this hobby is huge, I waited 7 years to get my Asteroids multiboard.
      great post thanks

I'm not just limiting to tas but didn't know if there was a way of checking if someone else had a pinball that I'm after just to have a look and to compare

many thanks for your help

This user has no status.

----

State
      TAS
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Quoted
      16 Post(s)
      Australia

Hey Rat just wondering if you can give some advise on who you have used to ship pins to Tas, looking to get one from melbourne to launceston

another pale sunrise

Innocent

State
      Tasmania
      Mentioned
      188 Post(s)
      Quoted
      1121 Post(s)
      Australia
      Just posted a long answer but the forum firewall issue blocked it and I lost it..........will answer tomorrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information