Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Playchoice 10 pcb

Godzilla

Question

Hi everyone,

I bought a single monitor Playchoice 10 a few months ago, and since I've had it, the sound hasn't worked.

I was checking it out today, and all the connections seem to be fine. The speaker is connected to the board on the monitor, where I assume the amp is located.

Is there a way I can figure out where the problem lies? I have turned the volume that doesn't work ether..

Cheers guys

f1dff03fa840397f67fdd73972138087.jpgd04f2344e8def246f460c62f72bfad34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Playchoice 10 pcb

Yep, U2 there is the amplifier IC.

You could connect the audio output from the game board to some computer speakers or something and see if the sound works that way?

I'm fairly certain the little two pin plug on the amp pcb is ground and 12v for the amp, you should measure that too.

Yep, U2 there is the amplifier IC.

You could connect the audio output from the game board to some computer speakers or something and see if the sound works that way?

I'm fairly certain the little two pin plug on the amp pcb is ground and 12v for the amp, you should measure that too.

e34f98dfb5a98424ba5281b5a326d7b1.jpg

The picture above where you point out the black wire is the AUDIO IN. The black wire wil be ground, but it is not usable as power ground. The connector below (P3) is POWER IN. The yellow wire has to have +12v. The red wire is +5v and probably there wil be -5v present to.

Maybe you can send a picture of P3 as well.

The colors I mentioned are wrong don't use use them for future reference

Edited by Ramakers
wrong info

The picture above where you point out the black wire is the AUDIO IN. The black wire wil be ground, but it is not usable as power ground. The connector below (P3) is POWER IN. The yellow wire has to have +12v. The red wire is +5v and probably there wil be -5v present to.

0719698a5bd916df317006ce59334a33.jpgbd8821446c0a10a0bb4c298a8fe18d04.jpg83d2fb70edab23091049c7c67153ab8f.jpg5f949c8549fc693fb502e1b51fcd9cbc.jpg

Totally forgot Nintendo doesn't use the conventional color codes. Can you check the voltages on the edge connector. The Z you used should be GND. On that connector use A as Ground, and read values from C D E and T. And where do the wires from the P3

U need to follow all wires back to power supply and game board and make sure the right wires are going to the right places if +5 or +12 had gone into the wrong input it could be game over for the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

If edge connector has been put in upside down or anything u could be in all sorts, I'm not sure that 4 wires need to go into the power in on the sub board y would there be 4 wires?. Would have thought maybe +12 and ground or maybe +5 aswell having a 4 wire scares me as unsure if that was the right plug etc gotta take the slow way and workout where everything needs to go to make sure it's where it's suppose to be. Please record if u find u have connected something wrong as will help to repair the board if something has blown

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I'm not sure about nintendo, but many amplifiers also use -5v. That could explain the fourth wire. Also nintendo uses different color wires for ground in the schematics I can see at least four.

The edge connector is in the right way, on the pictures you can see the sound wires at the right position.

But please do check the voltages on the powerconnector of the sub board.

The colors I mentioned are wrong don't use use them for future reference

Yeah I was wrong, I was going by my mikesarcade playchoice amp

If youre getting 5v and 12v at the power supply then you don't need to change the power supply. See if connecting an external amplifier to ground and audio out on the edge connector gives you sound too

Yeh I try connecting an external amplifier didn't get sound

Yeh I try connecting an external amplifier didn't get sound

At the board or at the amp end of the harness?

If you have no sound at the edge connector your board needs repair. I'm good with these boards and can repair it for $50 per hour labour plus parts. It may need a new cpu as the cpu generates the audio. I think I should be able to fix it within the first hour, the audio section is quite minimal on those.

I noticed one thing when I plug the connector from the pcb I have no earth from the connector to the power supply is that normal you think....

it's only earthed when it's connected to the PCB!

I noticed my other arcade machines the earth works plugged or unplugged