Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

WRX or Golf R

Looking at either wrx or golf R as a bit of a performance car splurge.

any comments or stories? I'm hearing lots about wrx 17 model good and bad. It is the more recognisable manly car I guess.

Golf has about 30 more horse power under the hood and is a pure performer.

Both similar pricing when looking at wrx premium and golf R demos maybe still 3k extra for the R

I have a WRX, has been awesome to own with no issues and always puts a grin on my face when i give it a squirt. I haven't driven a Golf but heard they're sweet! Go with the one you prefer after test driving 😉

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

With VW's recent history of emissions cheating & gearbox issues and downright disrespect for their customers, to me, the decision is easy

Also, I'm yet to be convinced that a sports car can be front wheel drive only

With VW's recent history of emissions cheating & gearbox issues and downright disrespect for their customers, to me, the decision is easy

Also, I'm yet to be convinced that a sports car can be front wheel drive only

Isn't the Golf R 4WD?

Isn't the Golf R 4WD?

The R kicks in when needed. Still more front wheel biased though.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a WRX, has been awesome to own with no issues and always puts a grin on my face when i give it a squirt. I haven't driven a Golf but heard they're sweet! Go with the one you prefer after test driving

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

Yeah I've test drove both. Wrx is less refined but more fun I would have to say. Golf is a better daily and understated but it really goes when needed. It's more competitor for sti and focus rs. After coming off an xv it's hard to pass on the subaru all wheel drive system though. Leaning towards to Scooby again bloody hell.