Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Something different - Mata Hari resto

This will be a quickie - just some finished shots - but i'll follow our next BTNIB resto a little closer, start to finish. We do things a little bit different here at AIM. Sure we could faithfully restore something - and we do all the time - but when I see a machine 'stylistically' crying out for something, well I have to step in. MATA HARI has bugged me for years. I love the art and I love the fast game, BUT the mustard-yellow cabinet looks like an afterthought. Seriously. STOP and look at all the beautiful rich hues on the PF and Back-glass! The Scarlets, the Burgundys, the Burnt Oranges, the Pinks and the Magentas. I have a theory that Bally had 100's of litres of mustard-yellow they had to get rid of, and the designers wishes got overwritten in a purely financial boardroom level decision (oh yeah, I think too much;) So without further ado, I give you our take on a classic. It won't be for everyone, and that's cool coz it wasn't built for everyone. It's just one man's opinion, and that man happened to be wielding a spray gun, SO IT HAPPENED PEOPLE! Hahaha! Enjoy - or don't! (and yeah, I had to undress her... C'mon! She was a high-end exotic dancer and courtesan, and i'd say that's way more excusable than disrobing the CFTBL chick!;)

FullSizeRender-1.thumb.jpg.19553ad0a96b86d0237c1a3799091ca9.jpgFullSizeRender-2.thumb.jpg.6f7fd55f1f0f4c89774136a58cf5f054.jpgFullSizeRender-3.thumb.jpg.bd5d292f172435b697d33b3ea30ae537.jpgFullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.a71f884e674da412bed4d9928f264fe8.jpgIMG_7794.thumb.jpg.ce209d90e8c23e43fcc075ddb6f6c9cd.jpgIMG_8016.thumb.jpg.d7a92b3502f143bf9e7af9ca5234e133.jpgIMG_8018.thumb.jpg.8850c41aaed92e00819b857c62d07f22.jpgIMG_8736.thumb.jpg.d294ba72a07b8b4df2a1fdc6fb7f0317.jpg

Used to play this beauty at the local shop when I was a kid.

Yeah, the mustard yellow doesn't do it for me either. The purple looks way better!

Now, has anyone figured out how to make velvet cabinet decals? Aaaahhhh… Purple velvet! :)

Michi.

Thanks for the kind words all. It's nice when something unique and a bit left-of-centre is appreciated ... and Michi, your crazy idea is not as bonkers as it sounds believe it or not ... our next custom pin that's coming out mid year has spent some time at our upholsterers ! No bull! Watch this space 😉👍

and Michi, your crazy idea is not as bonkers as it sounds believe it or not ... our next custom pin that's coming out mid year has spent some time at our upholsterers ! No bull! Watch this space ����

Bloody hell, and thought I was making a joke :) You are all barking mad, the lot of you! ;)

Michi.

I seem to remember bumper action doing one years ago.

That was a faux zebra playboy with the cocktail bar in the coin door. Absolute trash. But I remember the BSD coffin pinball, anyone else see it there at BA

Thanks for the kind words all. It's nice when something unique and a bit left-of-centre is appreciated ... and Michi, your crazy idea is not as bonkers as it sounds believe it or not ... our next custom pin that's coming out mid year has spent some time at our upholsterers ! No bull! Watch this space 😉👍

Cool, love the machine colour change and the idea of upholstery, brilliant. Upholstery is an excellent material to hide speakers behind you know.;)

• 2 months later...
The poor old cabinets really didn't get much thought back then. I have a Mata Hari that is made up from three machines. The best playfield, backglass and cabinet all went to produce one very nice machine. It was cheap to do such things 20 years ago.