Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Can anyone shed some light on this old girl?

I picked this up about a year ago. It looked really cool so I thought I'd give it a go. (And it was cheap)

I was shifting stuff around in the shed yesterday and uncovered it from a heap of crap piled up on it. Thought I might ask if anyone knows anything about it. Anyone else have one or seen one?

It's not working at the moment and I know nothing about ems so it will hopefully be a great lesson for me. Hope to get it running, Other wise the back glass and playfield will be a great piece of art if all else fails. 54fc61a20e0a05b6a11b65fd5e9698c1.jpg38b14d23806af81e552414a6908997c3.jpg48c9b4e27faa9d00d03360948a897692.jpgfeb86509382f81cc1ee3408f471a564a.jpg92b3a4e4bbaff6d86d0fa221b135e89c.jpgf058567f341c3b1a0b2464608d43de25.jpg8777983bcde4c19e0163ec8a44539358.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Wow, it's been a long time but I have played it. Though memory there is supposed to be a captive ball in the middle and your ball hits it and it bangs around in the captive area by the bumper.

I don't think it is a Gottlieb but a Spanish Gottlieb copy using Gottlieb parts but I may be wrong. I think I was 14years old.

Recel made it after a look...

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2590&picno=11485

That playfield scrubbed up nicely, and the plastics look to be in good nick as well.

Nice pickup :)

Actually looking at it again, the cabinet and back glass are all in good nick as well.

Definitely not a wall hanger.

That playfield scrubbed up nicely, and the plastics look to be in good nick as well.

Actually looking at it again, the cabinet and back glass are all in good nick as well.

Yes the playfield had some sort of hard plastic cover on it. Not Mylar but a hard plastic sheet stuck down. Plastics are all there and complete. None broken at all.

Here's some game play of one I found on YouTube if anyone is interested. Tell me is that fast for an em? I haven't played enough em's to know.

Yes the playfield had some sort of hard plastic cover on it. Not Mylar but a hard plastic sheet stuck down.

Yeah the Spanish manufacturers did that... very durable playfield, its really hard to find one with any playfield wear on it because of the plastic coating..... if only the American manufacturers did the same....

The cabinet is pretty rough. The pics don't really show any of the damage. Recel made these cabs out of chipboard. If I can get it working it will be one hell of a cabinet restore. Will also be plenty of questions asked to the EM gurus on where to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there should be a 'captive ball' around the pop bumper, just the ones on the left and right, the idea is to get your ball into the pop bumper surrounded area. But it appears I am wrong and confused, looking at the IPDB it says captive balls 3 but looking at the ball view pic it shows two posts which a ball would fit through. The description also states the pop bumper area can't be accessed by the ball in play.

Maybe a mod has been done, I reckon it would be fun to get the ball in there and watch it go nuts.

Cool game, well done :023:

I don't think there should be a 'captive ball' around the pop bumper, just the ones on the left and right, the idea is to get your ball into the pop bumper surrounded area.

Cool game, well done :023:

I thought the same thing at first but the captive ball in the middle is meant to be there. There is a rubber surrounding the area and the ball cannot fit between the centre posts.

As far as getting it going ..

What happens if you fire it up ?

If all the score reels reset to 0 you will be off to a good start .

To test this , with power off, y move all reels to a number other than 0 by manually activating the plunger on each reel , then add a credit and hit the start button. Do not try to move the score reel by any method other than by manually activating the plunger .

If all reels don't reset to 0, then the 1st step would be to clean and gap each switch on each reel .

As far as getting it going ..

What happens if you fire it up ?

If all the score reels reset to 0 you will be off to a good start .

To test this , with power off, y move all reels to a number other than 0 by manually activating the plunger on each reel , then add a credit and hit the start button. Do not try to move the score reel by any method other than by manually activating the plunger .

If all reels don't reset to 0, then the 1st step would be to clean and gap each switch on each reel .

Just the gi lights up at the moment.

I'm going to spend some time on it tomorrow so I'll try that and report back. Cheers.

I have a roached flood damaged one of these with no backglass, basically a parts machine, saved it from tip.

If your looking for a donor or parts send me a PM.

Looks great - wish I had that glass!

The captive ball in the center is held in place by a piece of metal the shape of angle line that goes across the posts.

I'm pretty sure it looks very similar to this one used on William's Hot Tip but was mounted backwards to Hot Tip's meaning the playfield ball goes under the flat and strikes the captive ball stopped at the back edge of the metal.

The Recel bracket is also silver not black like the William's Hot Tip one.

http://pinball.flippers.info/hottipcaptiveball.jpg

Recel S.A. made quite a few good, reliable games, well I say reliable because they were never broken when we played them.

This particular machine wasn't in big numbers but these two were..

http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/flyers_pinball/recel/235000201.jpg

1267819158.jpg

I have a Space Race. It's a great game.

The captive ball in the center is held in place by a piece of metal the shape of angle line that goes across the posts.

I'm pretty sure it looks very similar to this one used on William's Hot Tip but was mounted backwards to Hot Tip's meaning the playfield ball goes under the flat and strikes the captive ball stopped at the back edge of the metal.

The Recel bracket is also silver not black like the William's Hot Tip one.

http://pinball.flippers.info/hottipcaptiveball.jpg

Recel S.A. made quite a few good, reliable games, well I say reliable because they were never broken when we played them.

This particular machine wasn't in big numbers but these two were..

http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/flyers_pinball/recel/235000201.jpg

1267819158.jpg