Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Donkey Kong control panel - correct joystick and button hole positions?

Does anyone have a real donkey kong cabinet they can check the location and size of the joystick and button holes for me? I have a Fix it Felix arcade I built using an arcadeworx flat pack but had to create a new panel to fit custom artwork and am not sure if the panel it came with has the proper hole positions. The art I downloaded online doesn't seem to match up nice to the hole positions on my spare panel for either DK or popeye?

Was Popeye done using the exact same holes ie. same DK panel?

Thanks in advance.

Mikes has sizes that could help mate.

https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=TKGU-23-31

Pretty sure popeye control panel is the same as dk.

Here are some cnc blueprints for a dk cabinet and control panel that may help you also.

http://www.classicarcadecabinets.com/donkey-kong.html

Edited by -Slayer-

I will have to do this soon on my Arcadeworx cab

I will use the overlay as a template

Is that an option for you? :)

This is what I will be doing soon as well, I will get them to cut it and see how it fits with the cpo I order.

Thanks guys.

I've been looking at the plans on classicarcadecabinets.com and it looks like the Arcadeworx panel is indeed the correct positions. However, from what I can see, the original DK cabs had a longer CP that actually got pushed into a slot in the vertical piece of timber below the bezel. Which is why an original CP is different dimensions. Also the vector artwork I've found on the net I don't think is sized exactly to the real cab dimensions and is missing the Nintendo of America writing at the bottom right. It also doesn't have the thin white border with curved corners around the edge.

I think I'll just modify the artwork online to match the original as best as possible.

Thanks guys.

I've been looking at the plans on classicarcadecabinets.com and it looks like the Arcadeworx panel is indeed the correct positions. However, from what I can see, the original DK cabs had a longer CP that actually got pushed into a slot in the vertical piece of timber below the bezel. Which is why an original CP is different dimensions. Also the vector artwork I've found on the net I don't think is sized exactly to the real cab dimensions and is missing the Nintendo of America writing at the bottom right. It also doesn't have the thin white border with curved corners around the edge.

I think I'll just modify the artwork online to match the original as best as possible.

The original panels were slightly longer as shown in this pic and there is a groove cut in the panel that slides in the lover bezel bit like you mentioned. So the Arcadeworx cabs don't have this then?

953981310_images(3).jpg.43a70be774c140c406bc9e1f88345b5f.jpg

Out of interest do you have some pics of the panel you got from Arcadeworx, I'm just about to get one to start my dk cab. How does the CP sit in place, just the clips underneath, I would imagine that's why the groove on the originals to have the CP lock in better.

The original panels were slightly longer as shown in this pic and there is a groove cut in the panel that slides in the lover bezel bit like you mentioned. So the Arcadeworx cabs don't have this then?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]112141[/ATTACH]

Out of interest do you have some pics of the panel you got from Arcadeworx, I'm just about to get one to start my dk cab. How does the CP sit in place, just the clips underneath, I would imagine that's why the groove on the originals to have the CP lock in better.

No the panels I have from my Arcadeworx cab stop at the piece below the bezel so are 196mm deep. They do have the front slot groove on the underside for the metal plate though, but you don't need it. The 2 lock clips are enough to hold in place. Plus they also added a couple of notches on each side which sit onto the two side pieces.

You can see the side pieces here: http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/78330-Fix-it-Felix-Jr-Arcade-Build/page2 and CP here: http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/78330-Fix-it-Felix-Jr-Arcade-Build/page5

What are you doing for T-Moulding?

If you are real keen, I have an original DK Jr. control panel in the shed. You can borrow it to trace/copy/duplicate and send it back if you like? Not sure what return shipping would cost though :unsure

Ok that looks pretty decent :)

Thanks for that, been through your thread heaps of times and never noticed the little lock in tabs on the sides.

- - - Updated - - -

As for t-moulding pretty sure I will go here for the true flat

http://www.chompingquarters.com/store.php/products/true-flat-nintendo-t-molding

That T-Moulding sasy 15mm? So isn't that not quite wide enough for 16mm timber?

Thanks for the offers of cp lending guys but I'm not that fussy so will probably just modify the artwork to look like the original as close as I can get.

That T-Moulding sasy 15mm? So isn't that not quite wide enough for 16mm timber?

Thanks for the offers of cp lending guys but I'm not that fussy so will probably just modify the artwork to look like the original as close as I can get.

Yes that's right, that might have been while I went off it awhile back lol, where did you go for you stuff? That's the only place I could find flat t-moulding

Yes that's right, that might have been while I went off it awhile back lol, where did you go for you stuff? That's the only place I could find flat t-moulding

I just used normal rounded 3/4" T-Moulding on my Fix it felix. I have now bought one of those T-moulding cutting tools and will probably give that a go trimming the standard stuff down to 16mm. Unfortunately the tools only cut on a straight line so I'll have to cut all the t-moulding on a straight piece first before installing on the cab.

I just used normal rounded 3/4" T-Moulding on my Fix it felix. I have now bought one of those T-moulding cutting tools and will probably give that a go trimming the standard stuff down to 16mm. Unfortunately the tools only cut on a straight line so I'll have to cut all the t-moulding on a straight piece first before installing on the cab.

There wasn't any 16mm round edge out there? I'm still undersided at this stage, not sure if half a Mil will be noticeable each side.

I may even ask the question to Rob at Arcadeworx if I can order the cab in15mm mdf :)

There wasn't any 16mm round edge out there? I'm still undersided at this stage, not sure if half a Mil will be noticeable each side.

I may even ask the question to Rob at Arcadeworx if I can order the cab in15mm mdf :)

DIYArcade have white 16mm listed on their website: https://www.diyarcade.com.au/16mm-white-t-moulding-per-metre Not sure of the quality, but at least size is right.