Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Multiboard for Vewlix cab?

You bought a Viewlix? Nice, pics please :) I love Viewlix cabs, where did you find it?

There are no multiboards for modern, widescreen fighters. They just don't exist at this point. There are multi hdds for Taito Type X hardware that have a fair few fighters on them, but you need the Taito Type X hardware to run the hdd.

Your best bet would be to setup the Taito Type X emulator on a PC and run them that way. You then get a whole bunch of the new KoF games, Street Fighter IV and others. Taito Type X is literally just a PC anyway, so when emulating them, you are getting the exact same experience as you would on the original hardware.

You bought a Viewlix? Nice, pics please :) I love Viewlix cabs, where did you find it?

There are no multiboards for modern, widescreen fighters. They just don't exist at this point. There are multi hdds for Taito Type X hardware that have a fair few fighters on them, but you need the Taito Type X hardware to run the hdd.

Your best bet would be to setup the Taito Type X emulator on a PC and run them that way. You then get a whole bunch of the new KoF games, Street Fighter IV and others. Taito Type X is literally just a PC anyway, so when emulating them, you are getting the exact same experience as you would on the original hardware.

Thanks Pat, yeah me too. After going into the arcades in Japan a few years ago I've been on the hunt. Looks like we'll be taking more soon. I've got a few old computers lying around...

I assume a standard multiboard will just stretch 4:3. Is that correct?

Yeah, standard multiboard hooked up over VGA will stretch and look like shit. Well, I think so anyway, some people don't mind.

I've never actually setup the Taito Type X emulator, I tried a while ago and I could never get the frontend to work properly without crashing, so I gave up. I could make it run single games via launching them seperately, but there were other issues associated with that.

I have a multi-hdd in my Lindbergh cabinet running Taito Type X hardware. The main fighter you want will be Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, good times.

Get an original Taito X2 system, Then buy the individual games you want. If you hunt around (Lk Legend, Arcade Tower etc ) or on ebay , you can get good deals on awesome original games . We did !!

DSC02220.thumb.JPG.32586e5daee7c297ab1bbd0dfec6752b.JPG