Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 32 - Game 4 ~ Frogger (closes 2-Jul)

finally beat that last screen of the first set, where it then gets easier again. never done that before so this is a pb by a decent margin. seems the next 10k after then comes pretty easily.

In awe of the big scores on this 50k and over! nerves of steel, especially when you're playing against a game that suddenly and brutally cheats you out of a life.

it's a weird game frogger. sort of boring, but still fun :)

20170623_223454.jpg

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

0005.thumb.png.330e33a3f0a661ae11e075cbb78cd8e0.png

Some tips:

1. Someone already gave the top tip, PATIENCE! Do not rush, it is a recipe for death.

2. If you can get the lady frog, or the bug in the end home positions, do so, but don't go out of your way trying to get them. As @Jed mentioned above, if you beat the 5th stage (and then 10th and 15th etc) it gets easier again, and the next three stages are pretty much just an easy pass an another 10k+. You can't get this easy 10k when your frogs are dead because you chased 200 measly points.

3. Stages 4 and 5 are clearly the hardest. Stage 4 you'll generally get 3 quick red cars on the fourth row up - you are looking to be able to jump forwards, forwards in a row from row 3 - try to avoid having to jump right on stage 4, row 4 if that makes sense.

4. Stage 5 - PATIENCE again. Getting past the 3rd and 4th row of vehicles is the hardest part. You are looking for a gap after 4 fast cars in a row on the 4th row of the stage. Often this will match closely enough with a larger gap on the 3rd row so you can just jump forwards 3 times from row 2 of cars.

5. In stages 1-3 it really doesn't matter about which home position you get your frog into first, they are generally all pretty easy levels to get your frog into home position 1 (far left, and generally considered the hardest home position to get your frog in).

6. Stages 4-5, try and get the home position 1 frog in on your first one or two frogs. These game does have a nasty tendency to speed change at bad times, and you don't want a nasty speed change to make things even harder.

There are probably a million more tips others more qualified can give you, and questions just ask and I'll do my best to help out.

I 'liked" the above post, but there is no way I can't separate another post out to specifically say, nice score! Jeez... 72K is a monster tally.

Thanks. Close to if not a PB. really want 100k on this.

Those with a knosledge of the game wi'll know that there are avoidable speed changes that can make it impossible to finish every 5th board. Sadly I don't have this in depath knowledge, but would lo've to hear from someone that can explain it.

Of course the other big challenge of Frogger is learning the crappy glitches that cause you to die when you shouldn't if the game code was.better.written.

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]112143[/ATTACH]

Should have been better, 2 stupid deaths at the end :realmad:

Nice score. I nearly need to take a deep breathe after losing a frog jist so I don't do something stupid out of frustration and lose another frog.

There's one "good" glitch where I land in a home where the crocodile (Aust version :) ) has just appeared and yet I don't die. This does not make up for the other ones though, it's a cool game but would be so much more enjoyable without the bugs. I'm working closer to 20k and yet to make it across the 5th board.

There's one "good" glitch where I land in a home where the crocodile (Aust version :) ) has just appeared and yet I don't die.

I have found that the croc appears in 2 stages and he only kills in the last stage when he is fully shown. This is the same as the Lilly pads where they sink in 3 stages and only when they totally disappear do you get killed.

Edited by thejudge

Day 9 of 17 ...

John73 takes the lead ...

http://i.imgur.com/tizWfmP.png

Try your luck and see how many times you can cross the road and river safely ...

http://i.imgur.com/NfHBqoD.jpg

frog0005.png.7e62b0bfe3e9b2a8656296a964e5a8cd.png

hopefully can do better...had a really nasty 5th level board where the top set of turtles I needed to ride on to get the left-most home were diving turtles :x I've managed to roll it once on a real cab (then died due to the same problem as this game)

Also had one "uncle frog" :D

frog0004.png.0b67f665082ea2424b1c64679502cdb2.png