Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Royal Vendo

PingoPongo

Question

Hi guys, sorry I know it's a bit off topic. I was wondering if anyone knew how to set a Royal Vendo Soft drink vending machine to free vend.

I found a heap of literature but nothing shown on my model type.

My Vendo has only one bank of 3 dip switches on the coin mech and I have been told all you have to do is set the price to 0.00 from the menu and it should be on free vend.

This doesn't work and all I can do now is set it to a ammicable 10c for a cheap beverage :)

IMG_2471.jpg

Edited by PingoPongo

16 answers to this question

some one breaks into your garage, thief finds they cant break into the fridge,

You wonder how your drinks fridge is completely empty of Canadian club, as there is no signs of damage to the machine,

Then you notice a stolen plastic guide dog laying on the floor, so you open the door and find $1.20 in 10cent pieces

Then it all starts to makes sense lol

Here is a link to a pdf that outlines free vend on Royal vendor, I have used this before on a few Royal machines.

http://royalvendors.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/11bulletin.pdf

Thanks prktkljokr. Yes seen those before but unfortunately does not have that system. It would of been easy just to bypass the plug but not in my machine . Bummer

some one breaks into your garage, thief finds they cant break into the fridge,

You wonder how your drinks fridge is completely empty, as there is no signs of damage to the machine,

Then you notice a stolen plastic guide dog laying on the floor, so you open the door and find $1.20 in 10cent pieces

and it all makes sense lol

LOL. At least it would bring some excitement for the day. Not using it as much now and the beer has gone by it's used by date. ( Still a full slab inside) :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Does it have a Jones plug

Not that type as shown but the coin mech does have a Jones plug to which I cannot find any that have the same wiring configuration. Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Model is a Merlin 2000 . Regards

If you can figure out the numbers of the Jones plug you connect 1 & 7 together then a jumper wire from 1 to 3, you can place a switch in between 1 & 3 if you like, this will activate free vend.

On a Jones plug the numbers are 1357 on 1 side of the plug the others are 2468 you dont need to use them

This is the set I use on my Dixie Narco Universal machine, I have used this method on other makes and models, so its pretty universal mod if they use a Jones plug

Could also try pages 18 & 19 of this PDF

http://royalvendors.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/mivplus.pdf

I once had a Dixie Narco drink vending machine heaviest thing in history. It had a Jones plug on mine and so I wired it up to a press button switch that mimicked a coin drop and it would vend out a drink. It had a Mars mech about a foot long that was faulty so I removed it. It is easy to connect to an old style coin mech as long as it registered a pulse any mech that did that could be hooked up. So the above is correct not that I remember now but I do have the schematics somewhere.

as far as i'm aware merlin 2000 machines are MDB. I've had one before (which i've wrecked out) and programming price is through the menu. sent you a PM.

there should be a button on the control board ( usually located inside door, top of cabinet) which will allow you to go in and set price for each item. since your jones plug is not used ( your coin mech supports multiple protocols) setting pricing in the mech will do nothing. press the button on your control board and on the front of the machine push the top drink selection button until you get to "PRIC" on the display. press drink selection button 3 from the top to enter that menu.

then you price each column or you can select "SaLL" (selection all as opposed to s1 s2 s3 etc) using button 1 and 2 from the top to navigate up and down. pushing button 3 will get you into the next sub menu and holding button 3 will drop you back to the previous menu.

so PRIC > ALL > then hold button 2 to drop the selection pricing to zero > then press button 3 to save changes > then hold button 3 to exit that menu > then close the door. i haven't tried free vending as i run machines commercially but there is likely another way in the menu to turn on free vend regardless of pricing.

I use royal merlin 4's and the menu is basically the same, just less configurable. I also have a spare control board for a merlin 2000 if you need one.

hope that helps.

cheers.

Thanks for that Kramer. Yes you are correct all those features i can access but no free vend found. Might take up your offer of the board as menu in French and going by the instructions on how to change back to English it wont revert back. I'll send you later what version board I have just to make sure it's the correct one. Thanks again for your help.

Regards