Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

wireless xbox 360 controllers and windows 8

Jed

we bought a laptop a little while back had win8 installed. i can't get my x360 wireless controller receiver to work on it. the receiver works ok on win7. it's one of those cheap $8 ebay jobbies.

if anyone has this working on win8, please post here ?

Cheers.

So, I checked my driver details, and here they are:

Driver: Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows

Driver Version: 6.3.9600.17054

I didn't find the actual exe installer, but I think I have it on a USB stick somewhere (happened to notice it the other day while looking for photos).

I'll send it along if I find it.

A google search might help you locate the driver installer... but I couldn't find it from a Microsoft website, so be careful I guess.

I kind of forgot to post this last night, since a mate came over to watch John Wick...

So, I checked my driver details, and here they are:

I didn't find the actual exe installer, but I think I have it on a USB stick somewhere (happened to notice it the other day while looking for photos).

I'll send it along if I find it.

A google search might help you locate the driver installer... but I couldn't find it from a Microsoft website, so be careful I guess.

I kind of forgot to post this last night, since a mate came over to watch John Wick...

This is the thing.... i've tried all the drivers I can find online, and no matter which one I try the device is still not recognised.

I don't have any probs on my Win7 machines :(

Okay - that's weird.

I've been planning to do a fresh Windows 8 install on a new SSD, so when I get that done, I'll let you know if I have any issues. Not sure when I'll do that, but probably in the next few weeks.

Have you considered an XBOX One controller? I haven't tried mine yet, but I hear they work better out of the box.