Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help. My partner has this Bluestorm x9 in storage for a couple of years and it no longer works. Trying to find a repairer but Ive been told they are not very good machines ( apparently an understatement ) haven't been able to find anyone to look at it

Any one had any exoerience with getting this fixed. Its my partners birthday in a couple of weeks and I would love to surprise him with a working machine

Im in Melbourne

Yeah, that's a Chinese candy cab clone and they are notoriously unreliable. The most common thing to die on these is the monitor chassis, which can be easily removed and sent off for repair or replacement. However, you first need to narrow down what the issue is.

Can you provide more detail on what is wrong with it? When you turn it on, is there any image on the screen? Does the monitor get power? Can you hear any sound playing as if there is a game running in the background?

Hi , thanks for the quick response.. when you switch the machine on it sounds like it's powering on but it' just goes to a completely blank ( grey)..screen no sound playing in the background although it's very noisy ( doesn't sound very promising does it, 😔)

If you post a general location (Suburb) you might find a local member who can have a quick look....

If you have keys take a photo or two of the inside and post them here. Also when you say noisy do you mean game noise or fan noise?

What type board or game is in it and are there any LED lights on or flashing. Just looking inside won't hurt, but don't go touching things unless you know what they are.

• 2 months later...

BlueStormx9, repairer, happy to pay,Need help

IMG_3007.JPG.63923ad6e6312b47b7aeedab5d056835.JPGIMG_3006.JPG.78506148c922183dc8160ffd3af8ca2f.JPGIMG_3005.JPG.5bf2264d206671e2bfd00c98928a99b5.JPGIMG_3004.JPG.472c7c297ed4ee19b5cef0ee79831f82.JPGIMG_3003.JPG.2dca9e7222a682267e932331a7ae0249.JPGIMG_3002.JPG.540f763a3e7d3de4fdcc1ddac87bd5fc.JPGHey I'm still looking for a repairer for a BlueStormx9. I am in Ivanhoe in Melbourne. Happy to pay for someone to come around and have a look at the machine . The inside of the machine is pristine and everything looks like its connected ( but then what would I know). I have attached some pictures.

• 6 years later...

Hi, I was wondering how you fixed this. I have the same setup that I’m trying to get working… had a green screen with lines through it… I have removed the old cart, and upgrading to vga.  I have purchased the crt/vga display board.  Powers up ok but getting a message to say no signal.  I have seen in some videos that people cut and join input wires to the display card… would be keen to know if there is anyone in Brisbane who might be able to plug it in to a machine to see if it works… 

A69EC5F9-C055-48A9-80E9-8C72ADEDAB9A.jpeg

C7757F19-5E34-4059-AF13-B674F3714B3E.jpeg

50696300-852E-414F-BC5D-21D1956A72B3.jpeg

Edited by JamieC
Added extra photo