Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

need slab peeling, wtf

Well just noticed a thin layer is peeling off my new slab in places, about 10c piece. Sounds like it will get worse when reading online. Im not paying 4k for a slab that peels, should they fix it and how? Grind and po,ish maybe?

Cheers

Depends on why it's doing it. How long has it been down? What were the weather conditions when it was laid? I've seen this happen when it's been belting down with rain during the pour or if it's extremely hot and a lot of water is used while finishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on why it's doing it. How long has it been down? What were the weather conditions when it was laid? I've seen this happen when it's been belting down with rain during the pour or if it's extremely hot and a lot of water is used while finishing.

Thanks mate, it was hot, no rain, some of the area looks a little burnt, like wheelie bird has cooked it. I should let shed company know, imperfections like this will shite me.

Can you post a few pictures? Glass finish if it's been burnt then. Can get peeling if the slurry gets finished over concrete that has already gone off. Usually happens when there's a long wait between trucks.

Here you go, slab has some funny colouring.

image000000.jpg.73f85d26737c3c21f6de27d0653e1ae8.jpg

image000.jpg.45bc6da24c9ad85ad2975b54161de924.jpg

image00000.jpg.a5c59bc490d114d2c9735b0aed71d2e3.jpg

Hmm. Couldn't say exactly. It does look like some that I've seen that have had a section go off quicker than others and has had a slurry go over it. It's got some funny colours in it. Has it got a coloured aggregate (stones) in it? Is that the orange coming through. Best to mention to the company that you're a little worried and see what they come up with first. What's the slab for?

Can you post a few pictures? Glass finish if it's been burnt then. Can get peeling if the slurry gets finished over concrete that has already gone off. Usually happens when there's a long wait between trucks.

Here you go, slab has some funny colouring.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105292[/ATTACH]

Looks like they left it too long before finishing

Has it got plastic underneath it? That can help slow down the setting.

On a hot day they should have used retardant to stop it going off so quick, the concrete was basically set before they put the topping on.

That would cost more to buy the concrete from the supplier so they probably scrooged out.

Concrete ain't just concrete

Thanks guys, it just a plain on slab for the shed, no colour at all. It was a hot day, i wasn't home at the time. I will need to do a full inspection, i noticed it after i hosed it down so im thinking the water lifted it which is worrying.

Cheers