Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

IMVE - Did I miss something?!?

Cars, Art, Houses, land, Pinball. These are all investments. Most go up. Some go down

To say it's a hobby to me is a stretch. It maybe for someone with one pin that's restoring it and goin to keep it forever. A hobby to me is building model trains or knitting. Each to there own. Everyone has their own story with pinball.

People who collect Art work for example aren't hobbyists. Everyone and anyone has the right to spend money on a pin and try re sell to get their money back if they so desire. As far as I'm concerned it's only people who try to sell pinballs at extreme prices that are tired faded with playfield wear that haven't spent a cent or an hour looking after them are the ones to blow up at here.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I better chime in here seeing it is my machine I offered for sale.

I bought it for 10500. Trying to get my son more into pinball along with batman and spiderman.

Noted I have added pdi glass all new leds speaker low pass filter gold feet full Titan rubbers and a few more subtle add ons.

So I am behind financially at 11000 let alone getting lower offers.

It is immaculate.

Put it on here to try and offer to the aa community at 500 less than I have put it online a couple of days later. All trying to do the right thing by me and you all.

Ffs hashman get a life, get your facts right and pull your head in before mouthing off.

If you have an issue pm me.

Or like others are saying if you think it is too much dont offer or be interested.

I personally couldn't give a f if it sells or not I dont need the money but just the room but it us a fun pin.

Its forum idiots like you who really f it up for newcomers and the general public.

Since I have been a Aa member I have been ridiculed, targeted by speculators and been bitten and received pins no where near as described. Do I drag them out here no. I message them and Iet it be known.

Anyway rant over and probably banned now if not in the"boys" club.

Did I....2 machines go up for sale within 5 or 6 days apart with a price difference of $2250!!

:o:o:o

Got to remember mods are expensive as others have said. I love my mods and sometimes to my detriment wallet wise.

For instance the coin door on this and my machine were imported by me cause I just had to have one from pinball refinery. $800 each !!!! Too much. **** yeah but I liked it.

Add colour DMD $670 blah blah blah. You get the idea it's pretty easy to over do it but some games just lend themselves to just that. Omg I just bought the GoT topper. Sell kidney time but they are both already gone. So no profiteering just a lot of time and money has gone into it. Because the previous owner loved it. And the next one will too.

- - - Updated - - -

I predict the crash just before Star Wars. $3950 for a pro :)

Sign me up JB. :cool:

Google Watersun homes and then tell me why we have not seen this on the news. They are hiding it. A big builder in Melbourne going bust that should be front page news.

it was on tv the other night..ACA i think ran it...

At the end of it all , there will be a lot of people who have put a lot of money into restoring these games that won't get their money back , but those who love the silver ball aren't in it for the money ,

At the end of it all , there will be a lot of people who have put a lot of money into restoring these games that won't get their money back , but those who love the silver ball aren't in it for the money ,

Exactly.....it's for the love of it. If you buy for investment your crazier than me. :lol

Ffs hashman get a life, get your facts right and pull your head in before mouthing off.

Or like others are saying if you think it is too much dont offer or be interested.

I personally couldn't give a f if it sells or not I dont need the money but just the room but it us a fun pin.

Its forum idiots like you who really f it up for newcomers and the general public.

Since I have been a Aa member I have been ridiculed, targeted by speculators and been bitten and received pins no where near as described. Do I drag them out here no. I message them and Iet it be known.

Woah! Turn it up man. Just sent you a PM but why the hostility and name calling? I was doing my own ranting about the prices being increased so much lately which i NEVER do and wasn't even aware the original poster was talking about your machine? Reading back I can see why you thought it was a personal dig but it was more just a quick blast rant and jab at a couple of mates who always tell me to sell pins for more than I do.

Forum idiot and boys club member pretty sure don't describe me but then i am quite often wrong. :)

Anyway I think Luke is right in his points as well and your IM looks awesome and will no doubt sell if it hasn't already.

Google Watersun homes and then tell me why we have not seen this on the news. They are hiding it. A big builder in Melbourne going bust that should be front page news.

The USA bombing a school the other day is what should be in the news

• Administrators
SNIP

Which "Boys club" is that? Not sure that you have ever been warned or infracted on AA, let alone threatened with a ban???? I am not sure why you think that would be the case now. If there is a special "Boys club" where you actually get some special additional benefit then please, someone PM me details so I can get on board and suck up a few freebies.

Now getting back on track, if you own the game you can offer it for whatever price you want, your call. You are not required to justify the sale price, but by the same token you can choose to list a bit of detail as to why it owes you the asking price IF YOU CHOOSE TO. The AA sale section is no different to buying from the local paper or a similar environment. You make the call on whether the item is in good enough condition, and is worth the asking price. If it is, well and good, buy the bugger, if not then walk on by baby.

Dave

AC/DC a classic example what people paid in 2012/2013 and what they want for them now.

Yes and an Indiana Jones was under $10000 brand new as was a brand new Twilight Zone and Addam's Family from the factory but try getting one that is no where near as good as a brand new one out of the box today for under that price.

Welcome to the home market of amusement machines I say.

There are a few reasons why this price increase is happening.

The ridiculous price brand new machines are being sold for originally from the factories knowing full well these machines will never make a cent through the coin slots and the mark up people are putting on them because they know even rubbish sells when the market is full of people that have bigger wallets than common sense.

What ever happened to all those 70-80s machines that sold for $100-500 by the operators because that was all they were worth and they had already paid for themselves 20 times over.

All the 90 DMDs that were traded on new pieces for a mere $2000 maximium.

Go and ask an operator what they would pay for a non working mid 90s DMD and I'm sure you will be quite shocked at what such machines sell for in the home market.

Recently there was a Gottlieb Genie for sale in SA for $5000. That machine would have been originally moved from the commercial side of the business to the home market for $200 max and how is it even possible to ask $5000 for the same machine now.

I think you are blaming the wrong side of the industry myself. It is being driven by the home market and demand is simply outstripping supply and with all business, you can basically charge want the market is prepared to pay.

Received a nice pm from Hashman so we are good.

I agree on the home market explanation , popularity and pricing etc .

I've always wanted to get into the hobby since I fell in love with pinball back in the 80s.

Taking empty 1lt coke bottles to the milkbar at Dickey beach on the way to school exchanging for twobob and feeding fire power stellar wars and playboy.

Mainly due to working my arse off and renovating and moving alot I was never quite right to get into it seriously until a couple of years ago.

Now I am in a great postion with space and finances so I have been trying and collecting a fair few machines to get to 5 that I love 3 that I like. I have found the best way is to try and buy a machine and try it for 6 months to decide if I like it. Along the way I have caught the restoring bug and my electronics trade from 30 years ago is all coming back to me.

All the while I have never been in it for anything other than pinball enjoyment.

When you get to over 100k worth of machines though there is a sense for me anyway of shit I hope I'm not throwing away too much money here on my hobby!

An example is the 3 machines I have listed. I am prepared to take a small loss on them due to my son not really keen but not lose thousands. I'd rather keep them and delay my next purchase.

The last pin I bought was on aa and I lost a grand at least on it...about 15% due to a few reasons.

If I did that each time there would probably be a lot less machines in my house.

Ive tried and sold about 8 machines off the top of my head and made a small loss on most or broke even all the while getting to try them to see if I liked them. I did make a profit on one of them.

Another example for you is I have an excellent AFM restored that owes me 17200 in purchase and parts only as it sits. I paid this as I wanted one for ages it is mint and it us hard to find. But now I find myself probably playing it yhe least and contemplating selling it. Friends and family love it though. So do I keep it or sell it to fund a new purchase like the acdc on ebay? So I have indicated I probably would sell it if someone offered me 18 for it....so some profit but a build up to get to a more expensive machine again.

Then others would rather a remake for much less try and buy a resto one which is a personal choice. If I waited that long I still wouldnt have one now and a year would've gone by and lets face it not many years left for some of us!!

Anyway another rant of sorts but hope you all have a better understanding of me and my outlook on pinball now.

Met some fantastic new friends been helped and have helped others and stiill look forward to every ball launch. Cheers Kurt.

• Administrators
Received a nice pm from Hashman so we are good.

I agree on the home market explanation , popularity and pricing etc .

I've always wanted to get into the hobby since I fell in love with pinball back in the 80s.

Taking empty 1lt coke bottles to the milkbar at Dickey beach on the way to school exchanging for twobob and feeding fire power stellar wars and playboy.

Mainly due to working my arse off and renovating and moving alot I was never quite right to get into it seriously until a couple of years ago.

Now I am in a great postion with space and finances so I have been trying and collecting a fair few machines to get to 5 that I love 3 that I like. I have found the best way is to try and buy a machine and try it for 6 months to decide if I like it. Along the way I have caught the restoring bug and my electronics trade from 30 years ago is all coming back to me.

All the while I have never been in it for anything other than pinball enjoyment.

When you get to over 100k worth of machines though there is a sense for me anyway of shit I hope I'm not throwing away too much money here on my hobby!

An example is the 3 machines I have listed. I am prepared to take a small loss on them due to my son not really keen but not lose thousands. I'd rather keep them and delay my next purchase.

The last pin I bought was on aa and I lost a grand at least on it...about 15% due to a few reasons.

If I did that each time there would probably be a lot less machines in my house.

Ive tried and sold about 8 machines off the top of my head and made a small loss on most or broke even all the while getting to try them to see if I liked them. I did make a profit on one of them.

Another example for you is I have an excellent AFM restored that owes me 17200 in purchase and parts only as it sits. I paid this as I wanted one for ages it is mint and it us hard to find. But now I find myself probably playing it yhe least and contemplating selling it. Friends and family love it though. So do I keep it or sell it to fund a new purchase like the acdc on ebay? So I have indicated I probably would sell it if someone offered me 18 for it....so some profit but a build up to get to a more expensive machine again.

Then others would rather a remake for much less try and buy a resto one which is a personal choice. If I waited that long I still wouldnt have one now and a year would've gone by and lets face it not many years left for some of us!!

Anyway another rant of sorts but hope you all have a better understanding of me and my outlook on pinball now.

Met some fantastic new friends been helped and have helped others and stiill look forward to every ball launch. Cheers Kurt.

You didn't answer Furball's question, I'm keen to hear it as well.

I have bought 9 machines over the last 12 months....

- some good cheap buys

- some good expensive buys

- some bad cheap buys

- plus the ones we all try to avoid the the expensive bad buys....

I have have bought some of these games from KJS and can say I none of the games I bought from him have fallen into the last two categories.

I say if I have paid too much for a game it is probably because I really love it and not prepared to be patient and wait until another one comes around....

Just like buying shares if you can wait you buy them at the lower bid price but if you want it now you buy them at the higher offer price.

LAP

Edited by LAP

Ok I better chime in here seeing it is my machine I offered for sale.

I bought it for 10500. Trying to get my son more into pinball along with batman and spiderman.

Noted I have added pdi glass all new leds speaker low pass filter gold feet full Titan rubbers and a few more subtle add ons.

So I am behind financially at 11000 let alone getting lower offers.

It is immaculate.

Put it on here to try and offer to the aa community at 500 less than I have put it online a couple of days later. All trying to do the right thing by me and you all.

"Welcome to Aussie Arcade"

- - - Updated - - -

The crash will come soon , then we can go back to buying pins at what they are worth , can't wait for it , might need to build a bigger cave

Might need to wait for another life time too ..

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I keep hearing. A crystal ball would be nice now.

A crash will only affect those who wish to sell their machines. Otherwise, just keep 'em.

Who you hearing it from?? Yeah all the tight arse people stuck in the 2000s

Same ones waiting for petrol to drop back down to 50c a litre

Edited by luke

Common pinball economics

You buy a pin because:

a) it's one you really love and want it in your collection

- this means you pay overs if someone has it that's not selling it but will part with it just for you.

b) someone is selling something and the price is low enough so you know you won't lose to much if any money on it. Hey you may even be able to make some to cover the other ones you have lost on.

People in here who spend money on mods know how much they cost. And can understand why prices are heaps higher on these pins. I have purchased a few off members and likewise.

End of the day if you don't like the price don't buy it. If no ones buys it the seller either lowers the price and takes a hit. (Which I have done many a time) or he hangs on to it.

Bottom line is we all want every pin in our collection and the fact the prices are going up and up that is making the dream impossible and we are all getting a little angry because of it. Lol