Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

my home project WA

I recently joined and have been reading many things so far.

Here's a cpl of pics of my project.

Raspberry Pi

Retro pie

its basically working but I cant get player 2 working on any of the roms. maybe its the pi or the roms - I dont know

The current layout is a mock up and ideally I would have it as a portable stick to take to friends places or lend out to them.

My goal is to build a bartop once i get my head around the workings.but its hard to find someone who will do small cnc jobs at a small fee.

My woodworking skills are ok but i feel not good enough to produce a bartop of any note. Or even a full size cab.

Any feedback is welcome.

IMG_0272.thumb.jpg.0899d4882b95e276c0d8c53b60db20dd.jpg

IMG_0298.thumb.jpg.173d0c8c7e991bc6ad9a8ae0963c3291.jpg

Dubs

Very clean wiring! Can I ask what the grey thing is down and to the right of the IPAC is??

That's the ground wire, so rather than Daisy chain he has split first then Daisy to buttons, Daisy to Joy - I think, if the buttons aren't registering in notepad that is the first place I'd be looking.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

sorry i only just saw the replies here.

yes it is ground and was wired that way so if wanted or needed to remove one side/set of controllers the other side stays wired up neatly.

While waiting for my pi3 to arrive i thought i'd look at my existing issues.

I reloaded the latest software and put 3 roms on to test the controller.

street fighter came up with this error:

ultimarc ipac 2 (53769/1056) not configured

can someone please point me to where i might config it to get it working? in the pi? on ultimarc?

Dubs

I have setup a PI system with the IPAC 2 and used the details I found in this post on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/RetroPie/comments/3hu2uy/2_player_ipac2_setup_for_retropie/

I updated the retroarch.cfg as detailed in the post.

Added the entries for player 2.

I did do my initial setup with just a usb keyboard for Emulationstation setup then edited the retroarch.cfg as above. Then plugged in the IPAC and it worked.

The only other thing you may need to do is when in MAME you may not be able to exit the game.

Hit TAB on your keyboard and you will need to set a IPAC SHIFT code to exit the game. I usually use Player 1 + Player 2. This sends an ESC character to MAME and usually ESC is the default escape MAME code. You should be able to find a youtube how to do this. “Configure controls in MAME” will return what you are looking for in YouTube.

hope that helps

• 3 months later...