Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Portable TV with Raspberry Pi Emulators

Portable TV with Raspberry Pi Emulators

Yeah it is a B&O, I'd never seen one of these before and picked it up off eBay. It's a 15" tube so small and well suited to a bartop type application.

Just realised that the original post he pulled the tube, that's not my intent I got this because of the tube and the SCART so can get the signal in RGB.

I've been keeping an eye out for them over the past year on Gumtree and eBay and have picked up a couple of MX7000s, an MX4002 (that was on this forum) and this one, an MX1500. Beautifully made, the industrial design is timeless.

Saw this on reddit and thought it was one of the coolest Raspberry Pi projects I had seen in a while. A portable TV turned into a portable emulation station.

http://imgur.com/a/nIBqT

Need to find myself a retro portable TV now :)

This was the one I remembered seeing a while back

and then he added a Pi

• 2 weeks later...
$200! Tell 'im 'e's dreamin'

Even if I was in Vic.

The remotes still work with current gear and are about $400 new so they still sell for up to $100 which is probably part of the list price.

The remotes still work with current gear and are about $400 new so they still sell for up to $100 which is probably part of the list price.

$400! For a remote control! Is it like a Thermomix? Can it cook? Does it find things I've lost down the back of the sofa? Will it walk my dog?

I have a dead Mac Classic but the crt is still good. Would love to replace the dead logic board with a RPi for B&W emu

Was my first computer went through first couple of years of design at uni and filled half my 40mb hard drive. That was all the software (Photoshop, Illustrator, CAD etc etc) plus all my project work. How data has changed. Iconic design.

Wonder if there is an answer in this to try and still use the original Mac tube.

This guy found an alternative that fitted if you can't.

https://www.geek.com/games/macintosh-classic-becomes-nes-arcade-using-a-raspberry-pi-1534692/

Essentially what I was aiming to create. I have a few 7" headrest screens spare but these are too small. The aspect ratio is the main issue, most portable dvd players and the like use 16:9 where the cutout on the Mac is 4:3. I've been looking at garage sales for old portable tvs/dvd players that might fit but nothing yet.

I think you can fit a 10.1" lcd in the mac so you can get the correct depth but I haven't actually tried it. The only other thing to try is one of those old Security camera crt screens. Someone had a few on AA not that long ago. I need mine to be portable and battery operated so I'd prefer an LCD.

Cheers Trev

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

After a little digging I've ended up finding the pinout of the logic board and it looks like that should translate to VGA pretty easily, Even if it's only a black and white monitor. I'll confirm if it works or not when I have a chance to give it a try.