Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What's wrong with this?

I bought a last action hero which after I few years in bits I decided I should put back together.

There's a number of hacks one is to do with the flipper button.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170427/1869f0254a7a56cd928023264e2bc859.jpg

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Thanks skids the button thread isn't long enough the nut only holds by 1/4 turn.

I think your second option may be the way though may be easlier to epoxy the button in place LOL.

If you mean that it should look like this

20170427_193916.thumb.jpg.349fd174655cdf9538c8947217eaee90.jpg

I'd make a circular piece out of some ply (correct thickness as well), glue it into place and then drill the correct size hole for the threaded section.

Cheers,

Andy

Ohh I thought it was the squirrel drinking beer. What you could do if recessing is a problem you could recess the nut on the inside with a spade bit then screw a longer self tapper screw into the end of the actuator of the switch insulate screw with heatshrink so it then pushes makes contact against a leaf switch. Get rid of the micro switch.

Longer video button. You are using a short series button. The same button manufacturer makes longer buttons with about 5 more threads designed for video panels that use wood backing plates.

Just be aware the micro may get in the way of a ball launcher mech if your machine uses one for launching the ball.

That takes care of that problem and another you may face is the micro switch burning out trying to handle the flipper coil power. Another easy fix. Use a 10amp micro switch.

I did a similar mod on a Stellar Wars using micro switches several years ago and those switches are still working perfectly although they were US made micro switches I used.

It makes for very positive flippers and no longer a need to swap flipper contacts.;)

I'm going to take it back to factory the best I can probably glue in some wood new flipper switches and buttons.

But was very tempted to just glue the buttons in place permanently.

I made an wooden washer and glued it in i'm sure people won't even notice the difference.

After filling hole and a paint

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170501/dcf90fe4164412ce8e38069be07e94cf.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170501/b2c9f256809b305aca7cadb6d6ed9bc3.jpg