Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Braze Asteroids Multigame kit - FINALLY released

Rat

Question

I have been waiting five years or more for this kit for my Asteroids, finally Braze has won the race of the two turtles between himself and Clay with his multivector which has been coming soon for 3 or 4 years now. I will probably buy the Clay multivector also if/when it is released as that will have more games and a few cool features such as an analog button for Lunar Lander thrust.

The Braze kit will be sold through highscoresaves.com you need to register interest by using the "notify when back in stock" link on this page https://www.highscoresaves.com/braze-asteroids-multigame-high-score-save-kit.html

Remember there are two different kits depending on which original gameboard you have, one for Asteroids and another for Asteroids Deluxe. I saw this on the Highscoresaves facebook page, he is answering questions about it there live now. ATM it is still in register interest stage but he has reassured the kit is "coming soon" and he has never been one to give false hope before, he has been selling Braze's other kits for quite awhile and previously has asked for patience when people ask about this kit. I imagine his "coming soon" is real and I hope we now only have a couple of weeks to wait before these ship :)

Tag AA members who you think would be interested in this kit.

@dezbaz

@Johns-Arcade

Edited by dezbaz
Removed bracket (Smiley) so notification directs you to last post

• Administrators

Just a warning to never work on the boards with these kits installed. I accidentally spiked my Asteroids Deluxe board for a split second last year while fixing a small sound issue and fried the Gal's. They are very very sensitive, the game board itself came out fine.

Similar thing happened to my Missile Command. I'm not sure what happened but one of the Gal's died and caused damage to the rest of the Gals on the board. I ended up buying a spare and Scott was kind enough to send me out some spare Gal's but I think this is worth mentioning.

Hi all, very big ask by the looks - i am after

Braze Asteroids Multigame High Score Save Kit

does anyone have one to sell or in stock.

I went to the 3 websites they are available at - and are all out of stock.

hoping but not expecting.

let me know - thansks heaps

Braze Asteroids Multigame kit - FINALLY released :)

The two types of multi game kits save high scores.

Scott at Braze is still building them and distributing them to arcade shop and high score saves equally he says.

Get on the waiting list if you want one.

Once he has sold to those on the waiting lists they will keep stock you would imagine.

Yep thanks Dez - on the waiting list now

- on his website he's got a message that he's doing some major renovations at home so I assume hes too busy to make some new ones at the moment at keep his suppliers stocked.

Damn - Just have to wait I think!

Yep thanks Dez - on the waiting list now

- on his website he's got a message that he's doing some major renovations at home so I assume hes too busy to make some new ones at the moment at keep his suppliers stocked.

Damn - Just have to wait I think!

Don't bother with Braze's waiting list go to one of the distributors, I would reccomend High Score Saves https://www.highscoresaves.com/high-score-save-kit/atari-high-score-save-kit/braze-asteroids-multigame-kits/braze-asteroids-multigame-high-score-save-kit.html

Sign up as a registered user of the website then click the text on that link that says "sign up to be notified when back in stock" and you will be on his list. There are many people waiting so be patient, but you won't have to wait 7 years like I have or 12 like some have :)

I was lucky enough to snipe one that highscoresaves put on ebay for half price USD$77 :D woohoo I should have it in a week or so :D I can't believe others didn't bid it up higher, only a month ago it would have gone for above $200

I got my long awaited email and paid yesterday. It's shipped. Scott still had POKEYs left at that stage. I also selected a 40 pin socket and 6502 chip at checkout. He has a dropdown menu

I chose high score saves as I was following the thread. Freight was US $17 incase anyone is interested

FYI- stroke of luck/timing - I last night found one online at ArcadeShop.com - Asteroids Multigame $139USD + shipping

it wasn't there 2 days ago when I looked and after i grabbed that one - its now back out of stock

- if anyone needs one maybe keep a keen eye on their website

- they may not be up to date with their inventory and just a lag in restocking online?

who knows...

https://www.arcadeshop.com

FYI- stroke of luck/timing - I last night found one online at ArcadeShop.com - Asteroids Multigame $139USD + shipping

it wasn't there 2 days ago when I looked and after i grabbed that one - its now back out of stock

- if anyone needs one maybe keep a keen eye on their website

- they may not be up to date with their inventory and just a lag in restocking online?

who knows...

https://www.arcadeshop.com

Thanks for posting this. I just grabbed one for my Asteroids Deluxe.

I got my long awaited email and paid yesterday. It's shipped. Scott still had POKEYs left at that stage. I also selected a 40 pin socket and 6502 chip at checkout. He has a dropdown menu

I chose high score saves as I was following the thread. Freight was US $17 incase anyone is interested

Haven't received the email yet.... I wonder if it is just a matter of waiting until they work through the list.

Haven't received the email yet.... I wonder if it is just a matter of waiting until they work through the list.

I don't know how they are using the list. I've been on it for a long time and haven't received an email either. I followed hamod's idea above and bought one direct from Arcadeshop. The waiting list seems pointless really when you can just place an order with Arcadeshop as they have stock of the kit.

Other way around mate. Asteroids doesn't have a Pokey so it needs it on the kit.

Thanks, I'm going to assume that my Asteroids Multi will come with a POKEY as there is no mention on the highscoresaves website about needing to purchase one separately.

I don't know how they are using the list. I've been on it for a long time and haven't received an email either. I followed hamod's idea above and bought one direct from Arcadeshop. The waiting list seems pointless really when you can just place an order with Arcadeshop as they have stock of the kit.

I can only guess HS has got more on his list than AS

As a result AS is getting through their list quicker

Just got a kit today and installed it in my Asteroids Deluxe. I've been waiting a long time to get my hands on this kit. Simple to install...

image.thumb.jpg.f5964dacc8b1b93865278ef368c845d2.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.082717a2fa8be9642d0ec3003301b086.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.afbed0966d0621158ad468ebcc4ed5ec.jpg

I ordered Asteroids and Deluxe kits from both Arcadeshop and Highscoresaves, so I might have a spare if anyone is after one of these.

My kit arrived, install went well and I'm enjoying playing Asteroids Deluxe ☺

But I'm hoping that one of the Vector gurus here could offer me some advice on adjusting my geometry?

I'm not sure if it changed with the install but I had not noticed it was out of alignment before just playing Asteroids.

Now with the new menus and text on the screen I can see its a trapezoid instead of a rectangle. Especially noticeable when the text is on screen as in example pic smaller on the left and growing larger towards the right.

I got my wife to watch the screen while I carefully adjusted the 4 pots on the deflection board. But she said they just changed the whole picture not the geometry fix I was after. So I put them back how they were.

Do we need to persist with adjusting them? Perhaps in pairs? And use rulers on the screen to get a better view of results.

The X Y pots on the game board only do horz and vertical size so are no help with this issue.c39f5fe6aed90eb774fac2f862dd1897.jpg9dcfa072ebbd415b6b7a9ce557dd19fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk