Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinfest 2017

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well unfortunately, like every year, we are at the mercy of what CBH will let us have. They give us the room for free, but the downside of that is that they get to pick the dates. We dont even know what room we will be in - hopefully it will be the larger one we used last year.

Just a thought , why couldn't you pay for the room and book it for a weekend that won't clash with Bathurst? I think the initial outlay will be justified by the attendance on the sunday ..alternatively Bathurst race day the numbers may flounder [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

I see it that most of our problem punters that hog machine on a Sunday most likely won't be there but instead off watching Bathurst. So could be a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see it that most of our problem punters that hog machine on a Sunday most likely won't be there but instead off watching Bathurst. So could be a good thing.

I'm not a good player but if it's Bathurst weekend the clarky351 crew won't be able to attend and in turn I probably won't bother with volunteering any of our machines. .. I'm easy either way really [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I'm not a good player but if it's Bathurst weekend the clarky351 crew won't be able to attend and in turn I probably won't bother with volunteering any of our machines. .. I'm easy either way really [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Does the 351 stand for that awesome Ford V8? Never thought about it until you mentioned Bathurst [emoji109]

Just a thought , why couldn't you pay for the room and book it for a weekend that won't clash with Bathurst? I think the initial outlay will be justified by the attendance on the sunday ..alternatively Bathurst race day the numbers may flounder [emoji53]

Why don't you pay for it and maybe the organisers will give you a credit as a sponsor?

Why don't you pay for it and maybe the organisers will give you a credit as a sponsor?

I have been a contributor for the past 3 years and was merely making a suggestion. Whilst we are on the subject of suggestions why don't you build your products in Australia and help our economy? It may boost the numbers through the door [emoji23]

Whilst we are on the subject of suggestions why don't you build your products in Australia and help our economy? It may boost the numbers through the door

Ow everyone knows Australia has no qualified pinball techs and you would need to get in 457 visa holders as workers.:realmad:

I'm quite sure that the $$$ the event brings to the Hotel is huuuuge. Throwing us an otherwise empty room is minor for them, cost-wise. Surely with the income in mind they receive, they can offer you 2 or 3 weekend choices? Take the 1 that isn't Bathurst to appease everyone?

I think if you went to many venues around Newcastle or close by; tell them about the event and the numbers it brings in; the overnight accommodation it generates, etc, etc, they'd be queuing up. They'd probably throw you $500 for the Club. Remember the APL (Aust Poker League) or any similar things? The clubs were paying the owners $11 per person that came through the doors to play cards! Sure that was a regular thing, but a 2 day event with 100s coming through the door that drink and eat and stay for 2 nights (some), is still a very attractive event. Why the loyalty with them? Have you looked at alternatives? Just a thought........

Or alternatively .... we just don't have it this year and the few that are put out can deal with the unhappy many.

To think that organisers haven't thought about this or tried other avenues since last year is ludicrous.

If people can't make it because of the date then come next time.

You will never please everyone and every year so far, there has been complaints about something.

Or alternatively .... we just don't have it this year and the few that are put out can deal with the unhappy many.

To think that organisers haven't thought about this or tried other avenues since last year is ludicrous.

If people can't make it because of the date then come next time.

You will never please everyone and every year so far, there has been complaints about something.

There are only "so many" weekends in a year and, invariably, Pinfest will ALWAYS clash with many other events.

Doesn't matter if it's Bathurst, the local bingo night or the world tiddlywinks finals.

Move Pinfest back a weekend and it will probably clash with little Johnny's baseball game or forward a weekend and Suzie will miss out on pony club.

You will NEVER please everyone and you would go crazy attempting to.

I say the organisers just organise it however they see fit and if that suits people GREAT - if not, don't come.

Pretty simple really.

I think if you went to many venues around Newcastle or close by; tell them about the event and the numbers it brings in; the overnight accommodation it generates, etc, etc, they'd be queuing up.

About that. We tried to line up a certain club (which wont mention) more central to Newcastle and closer to the people contributing the pinballs (less travel time etc). Explained to them what it was all about. Prepared to pay for the room. Explained to them how many people would attend, extra revenue etc. We got the brush off more than once. Seems not the least bit interested - too hard basket for them as its not something typical that they would do. Left it for now and will try again next year. You talk to them about a pinball expo type show and they have no idea....

About that. We tried to line up a certain club (which wont mention) more central to Newcastle and closer to the people contributing the pinballs (less travel time etc). Explained to them what it was all about. Prepared to pay for the room. Explained to them how many people would attend, extra revenue etc. We got the brush off more than once. Seems not the least bit interested - too hard basket for them as its not something typical that they would do. Left it for now and will try again next year. You talk to them about a pinball expo type show and they have no idea....

I'll make some inquiries.

Or another venue that was investigated that has a commercial ticketing partner that wanted to add an about $10 booking fee to each ticket

PINFEST 2017 DATES CONFIRMED.

Thanks to persistence by members of the Newcastle Pinball Association, we have finally been able to lock down the dates.

When:

Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th of October.

Where:

Caves Beachside Hotel - Caves Beach

Nautilus Room (same room as last year).

Hours and cost will be advised, but more than likely same as last year.

As per last year there will be no tournaments or lock in times.

There are a few things that should make this year one that will stand out from the previous ones.

1) Aiming for more pinballs available to the public....with your help!

2) We have been advised by AMD of a possibility of 6 to 7 games from them.

3) The pinball raffle? Yes we are working on that one....

4) Currently we are negotiating with a very famous pinball person who wants to visit Australia again, to come and be our special guest during Pinfest. Lets just say that the name does not get much bigger than this. We are working hard....wish us luck...will keep you posted.

This event is only made possible by the pinball contributions from the general public. We cant just dial up "Pinball R Us" and get them to deliver 50+ games on the day.

If you would like to contribute a pinball or two please make yourself known by sending me a PM. Become part of the Pinfest Family and score yourself a free t-shirt and access to the machines for play on the Saturday night once we kick out the general public. We usually have enough helpers at hand....we just need more pinball contributors.

For those people who contributed last year, an e-mail was sent out to you, please check your personal e-mails including your spam folder.

Cheers

Edited by Sartana66

PINFEST 2017 DATES CONFIRMED.

Thanks to persistence by members of the Newcastle Pinball Association, we have finally been able to lock down the dates.

When:

Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th of October.

Where:

Caves Beachside Hotel - Caves Beach

Nautilus Room (same room as last year).

Hours and cost will be advised, but more than likely same as last year.

As per last year there will be no tournaments or lock in times.

There are a few things that should make this year one that will stand out from the previous ones.

1) Aiming for more pinballs available to the public....with your help!

2) We have been advised by AMD of a possibility of 6 to 7 games from them.

3) The pinball raffle this year will hopefully be for a brand new pinball! A certain person well known to this group is working hard to get a machine built, tested, boxed up and shipped over for the event. And you could win it!! We will keep you posted.

4) Currently we are negotiating with a very famous pinball person who wants to visit Australia again, to come and be our special guest during Pinfest. Lets just say that the name does not get much bigger than this. We are working hard....wish us luck...will keep you posted.

This event is only made possible by the pinball contributions from the general public. We cant just dial up "Pinball R Us" and get them to deliver 50+ games on the day.

If you would like to contribute a pinball or two please make yourself known by sending me a PM. Become part of the Pinfest Family and score yourself a free t-shirt and access to the machines for play on the Saturday night once we kick out the general public. We usually have enough helpers at hand....we just need more pinball contributors.

For those people who contributed last year, an e-mail was sent out to you, please check your personal e-mails including your spam folder.

Cheers

Fantastic. I've booked a room for the weekend. Looking forward to my first Pinfest. Thanks to the team for all of your hard work.

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

Can I get in on this? I live about 30 minutes down the road :D

If you can provide a pinball for the event send me a PM.

If you can provide some muscle on the Friday or Monday to help load and unload pins around Newcastle....send me a PM.

Kaneda?? Well I'm in :lol OMG he's everywhere nowadays!

SWEEEET!! i've written the dates down. It might be only a day trip down to Newy for me again but i'll be there.

It's less likely to clash with band gigs now, since i'm semi retired from playing music so no excuses for me not to go.. unless i die or something :lol